Two days of concerts at the Pattaya Music Festival

webfact

Two days of concerts at the Pattaya Music Festival

51d9687629018a32e54f7942c0659d51.jpeg

Photo: Tourism Authority of Thailand

This year the annual Pattaya Music Festival takes place from 14 to 15 June 2019 on Pattaya Beach Road, Chonburi. Dates have been postponed to June, instead of March as in previous years, so that the event is held as part of the 60th anniversary of Pattaya tourism.

At the Pattaya Music Festival 2019, different stages will be set up along the beachfront stretch between the Dolphin Circle Pattaya and Bali Hai Pier.

Different genres of music will be featured ranging from Pop, Rock, Jazz, EDM by Thai pop stars, recording artists and local and international bands.

The event takes place from 18.00-01.00 hrs. on each day.

See https://www.tourismthailand.org/ for further information.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Travel_log/30370949

thenation_logo.jpg

Well i hope that next year, they'll move it back to March as I'm usually in Patts in March and loved that festival.

If you haven't been, check it out - lots of interesting music and fun.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:24 AM, jacko45k said:

I am sure you will be able to hear all three stages from anywhere in town!

I'm sure you meant that "tongue in cheek" but in previous years, it hasn't been painfully loud - unless of course you actually stand right in front of the speakers! ????

Another reason why I've always enjoyed the PMF

13 hours ago, VBF said:

I'm sure you meant that "tongue in cheek" but in previous years, it hasn't been painfully loud - unless of course you actually stand right in front of the speakers! ????

Another reason why I've always enjoyed the PMF

Well I thought I could hear it last night and my home is 10km out of Pattaya. But to be honest there is always some festival, private party or something causing that bump bump bump that accompanies any local event. I certainly can hear the fireworks too. 

A few years ago there was a thunp thump noise keeping me awake, I complained to the estate security that it was coming from the next door building....they came and investigate,turns out it was a "Carabao" concert at the "indoor stadium" a good few kilometres away....I noticed Carabao on the list for this year's event but hopefully at 13 kilometers away it shouldn't disturb my beauty sleep. [emoji39]

7 hours ago, johng said:

A few years ago there was a thunp thump noise keeping me awake, I complained to the estate security that it was coming from the next door building....they came and investigate,turns out it was a "Carabao" concert at the "indoor stadium" a good few kilometres away....I noticed Carabao on the list for this year's event but hopefully at 13 kilometers away it shouldn't disturb my beauty sleep. emoji39.png

Now, i'm REALLY annoyed that I won't be there! LOVE Carabao - seen them 6 times over the years. 

20 minutes ago, VBF said:

Now, i'm REALLY annoyed that I won't be there! LOVE Carabao - seen them 6 times over the years. 

Well I passed by the Jomtien Stage earlier and  according to the  listing there... 

"Carabao".. (full band) from midnight till 1 AM on the 14th at Central Pattaya Beach stage (green)

"Nuvo"  14th at 20.00- 21.00  they where good last time I saw them at "Central Pattaya Beach"

P_20190615_115318.thumb.jpg.dee8d228b98545551c583f1eb37ab3e1.jpg

From yester year (2005)

1.thumb.jpg.d950abaff5c70190dfabe9f973c3cbdd.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.6ec0dded3b28861f13096c0995de781e.jpg3.thumb.jpg.7b8392a004243320bbe24389193a09a4.jpg4.thumb.jpg.2273c49ac587a684896b18d5338a5d26.jpg

35 minutes ago, johng said:

Well I passed by the Jomtien Stage earlier and  according to the  listing there... 

"Carabao".. (full band) from midnight till 1 AM on the 14th at Central Pattaya Beach stage (green)

"Nuvo"  14th at 20.00- 21.00  they where good last time I saw them at "Central Pattaya Beach"

<images snipped>

From yester year (2005)

I notice that Carabao is only in Thai - and sadly it seems as if you missed them :sad:

Bet it was packed out though.

I cannot see it on your posted flyer but if you find out that "Teddy Ska Band" (link) are playing, they're brilliant...if you like Ska, that is - I do

25 minutes ago, VBF said:

sadly it seems as if you missed them

I don't go anymore....too many people, boiling hot ,no where to park..when we lived on South Pattaya road we used to walk to all the events but one time at New years Bali Hai pier  fireworks display   it got scary there was almost a crushing incident after that I decided no more of them. ( Yes I'm getting old)

DSCF0003.thumb.JPG.c723cde86d20dd955a54eef9577b88b8.JPG

I don't think Teddy Ska band are playing this year   but seem to remember the name from past years

spose the nearest would be "Nu Regge"   on the 15th 18.00-19.00  at North Pattaya stage.

I'm more into Rock heading towards Heavy Metal !!..but anything  "good" is good ????

41 minutes ago, johng said:

I don't go anymore....too many people, boiling hot ,no where to park..when we lived on South Pattaya road we used to walk to all the events but one time at New years Bali Hai pier  fireworks display   it got scary there was almost a crushing incident after that I decided no more of them. ( Yes I'm getting old)

DSCF0003.thumb.JPG.c723cde86d20dd955a54eef9577b88b8.JPG

I don't think Teddy Ska band are playing this year   but seem to remember the name from past years

spose the nearest would be "Nu Regge"   on the 15th 18.00-19.00  at North Pattaya stage.

I'm more into Rock heading towards Heavy Metal !!..but anything  "good" is good ????

We're all getting old mate... just don't grow up though!

As for music....only 2 types in the world - good is what you like, bad is what you don't like irrespective of genre. ????

We're all getting old mate... just don't grow up though!
As for music....only 2 types in the world - good is what you like, bad is what you don't like irrespective of genre. [emoji41]
I like the line from the Blues Brothers film
When they ask what type of music do you usually play here....the waitress answers oh we have both kinds here....Country and Western ! [emoji38]

No luktung or morlam, a collection of bands aping western music, and Tata Young. she stated at the top and worked her way down. Brilliant first album that sold over a million then that was that. Carabao might have been worth 20 minutes.

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

No luktung or morlam, a collection of bands aping western music, and Tata Young. she stated at the top and worked her way down. Brilliant first album that sold over a million then that was that. Carabao might have been worth 20 minutes.

As I said above "...only 2 types (of music) in the world - good is what you like, bad is what you don't like irrespective of genre."

As it happens, i don't care for Tata Young but as i also mentioned, i've seen Carabao 6 times and would happily see them again.

Never did the phrase "up to you" seem so apt...with respect of course. ????

I guess it is aimed at the sort of people who live there and visit the place. I would not cross the street to see Carabao again, he's a fraud IMO, one of the richest men in the country dressing down like a tuk tuk driver to appeal to his audience and still playing the same music he was 30 years ago. Never took a stand politically despite pretending to play 'protest' music. He should be rapping against dictatorship as well, but that might hurt his profits, he needs millions to spend on football abroad.

On 6/13/2019 at 2:26 PM, VBF said:

Well i hope that next year, they'll move it back to March as I'm usually in Patts in March and loved that festival.

If you haven't been, check it out - lots of interesting music and fun.

might be BUT ALSO FAR TOO MUCH NOISE....thank **CK its over...could not here tv where I live due to the racket......the one on beach road in Jomtien

Archived