BANGKOK 26 June 2019 01:34
webfact

Thailand: Academic suggests prostitution laws need change to be in line with reality

Designate Pattaya Mongervil and issue a one year visa based upon money for 365 ST, maybe an STD check upon entry and exit. Just me aiding Thai academic thinking.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

All sounds like it's a non issue. :jap:

Capture.JPG

Doesn't that picture and caption just say it all? There is a huge gaping chasm between what the Powers That Be want to pretend (and do pretend) and what is actual Reality, known around the entire world.

This perceptual chasm borders on the schizoid. No, sorry: it is well within the territory of the schizoid and the sick!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bluesofa said:

That must be today's oxymoron: 'laws' and 'reality'

When has the government here ever been interested in reality? All of them spout what they want the population to believe.

Then the relevant departments and their minions simply reiterate what their superiors want them to say, not the truth.

Same as the recent police visit to Pattaya checking out prostitution and claiming there isn't any - saying what their superiors want to hear, in a face-saving exercise.

I believe the police found no 'street walkers' hawking their wares on Walking Street. Otherwise, what goes on behind closed doors is nobody's business. I think some EU countries have a similiar outlook. Working girls are rounded up in police sweeps along the beach. That said, I am therefore puzzled as to why such things as a very private happy ending or, in some clubs, a bare breast brings them running.

When a girl from an Isaan village goes to Pattaya or Bangkok, the whole village knows she is selling her body. If she comes back with a farang who builds her a new house, she becomes a local hero, and the target of some jealousy.

Time to end the BS.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

When a girl from an Isaan village goes to Pattaya or Bangkok, the whole village knows she is selling her body. If she comes back with a farang who builds her a new house, she becomes a local hero, and the target of some jealousy.

Time to end the BS.

4 girls from my Thai family work in Chon Buri - all are married to Thai men they worked alongside, and never sold their bodies

I do not think I am rich enough to elevate my wife to local hero status, we have a modest home and my wife works the farm same as the other wives in the village

Being handsome with a nice smile might perhaps on occasion draw a flicker of jealousy nothing more

Guess my Isaan village is different 😃

• Like 1

Mrs Issan village has 400 homes, one girl is known to have worked in Pattaya, she is nobodies heroine.

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

Thailand has like million laws and decrees on it's books dating back to turn of the century, very few are relevant now days and even fewer are infoced, as for prostitution protection laws, there is no need for more laws, need for more enforcement and education of the people...

Sounds like the UK 

21 hours ago, 473geo said:

4 girls from my Thai family work in Chon Buri - all are married to Thai men they worked alongside, and never sold their bodies

I do not think I am rich enough to elevate my wife to local hero status, we have a modest home and my wife works the farm same as the other wives in the village

Being handsome with a nice smile might perhaps on occasion draw a flicker of jealousy nothing more

Guess my Isaan village is different 😃

You may be right. However, Chon Buri is not Pattaya or Bangkok. Close, but no cigar.

As far as prostitution goes, farangs are the main clientele for women from Isaan. Thai men prefer white skins.

Proposal wife can presumably claim rape. That's crazy. Following social justice warriors of the westeros. Thailand is finished.

On 6/13/2019 at 7:12 PM, Lacessit said:

Time to end the BS.

It's somewhat localized. First ones to go would become a recruiting mamasan and soon the whole village was in the game. Some had no such pioneers.

On 6/14/2019 at 5:24 PM, Lacessit said:

You may be right. However, Chon Buri is not Pattaya or Bangkok. Close, but no cigar.

As far as prostitution goes, farangs are the main clientele for women from Isaan. Thai men prefer white skins.

Farangs are 5% of clients of Prostitutes from Issan 95% are Asian.  

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Farangs are 5% of clients of Prostitutes from Issan 95% are Asian.  

I assume you have proof of this assertion somewhere.

On 6/13/2019 at 6:22 AM, nickstav said:

I am also a firm believer in unicorns.

Unicorns give me the horn 

• Haha 2

On 6/13/2019 at 12:12 PM, Lacessit said:

Time to end the BS.

When an ignorant wealthy foreigner that never experienced anything close to the difficult life of some poor families here opens his big phony hypocritical mouth just to show how morally superior he is...  

Learn the language and go live in some poor places before you suggest big changes.

Time to end this virtual signaling BS.

• Thanks 1