45 year old British man found dead at Koh Chang luxury hotel

webfact

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

I do wonder how many foreigners die each year in Thailand and how it compares per capita per year with other tourist destinations.

The foreign office of the UK and Australia have statistics that you're 20x more likely to die on a trip to Thailand than a trip to any western country.

The UK stats are no longer discoverable (disappeared from Google), disappeared a year or two back.

The Australian stats are, but not in an obvious form.

Numbers of deaths for Brits under 40s here,

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5908851/most-deadly-countries-world-young-british-deaths-cambodia-thailand-spain/

Cambodia 8 per 100k

Thailand 6 per 100k 

Spain 0.4 per 100k

37 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The foreign office of the UK and Australia have statistics that you're 20x more likely to die on a trip to Thailand than a trip to any western country.

The UK stats are no longer discoverable (disappeared from Google), disappeared a year or two back.

The Australian stats are, but not in an obvious form.

Numbers of deaths for Brits under 40s here,

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5908851/most-deadly-countries-world-young-british-deaths-cambodia-thailand-spain/

Cambodia 8 per 100k

Thailand 6 per 100k 

Spain 0.4 per 100k

What you're saying, then, is that there are no UK statistics available.

"Thailand 6 per 100k"

That's a 0.006% chance of dying here, so, 99,994 visitors out of 100,000 did just fine!

54 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"And here's the (I was going to say living!) proof. . . "

Quite the opposite, in fact, this is from that website...

"These statistics are being created automatically from 695 cases registered in Farang Deaths' database. Please note that this is not an accurate statistic regarding deaths of foreigners in Thailand"

Even using their own self-admittedly inaccurate figures, there have only been 16 deaths this year (164 days), so all you seem to have categorically proved that "a tourist or two" does not die unexpectedly each day as he claimed!

I am aware the website does not claim to be definitive. However, it certainly proves that a substantial number of foreigners meet their maker prematurely in Thailand - often in very unpleasant ways.

Unfortunately, Thailand does not publish figures - even assuming it bothers to keep them - showing the incidence of unexpected deaths among expats and visitors. British government stats reveal more than 750 Brits died in Thailand (cause of death not stated) between April 2012 to April 2014.

3 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

30'ish million people a year holiday in Thailand, very many of them are of an age where they might croak from natural causes. They just croak in Thailand rather than Bristol or Munich, or wherever they come from. Add to that the fact that some might be living more unhealthy lifestyles in Thailand than they might do if they were in their home countries.

RIP to this guy, too young.

And Spain has more than 80 million tourists a year not to mention the many thousands of ex-pats that will be "of an age".  All tourist focussed countries have their fair share of tourist deaths but some have more "questionable" ones than others and Thailand rates highly on that scale.

22 minutes ago, Benroon said:

So ONE person a week - in a place where overweight 60+ year olds think they can hack it with 20 year old's dosed up with blue pills to the eyeballs - not going to get that in Wales are you so I'm struggling to see your point !

And me yours.

23 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

I am aware the website does not claim to be definitive. However, it certainly proves that a substantial number of foreigners meet their maker prematurely in Thailand - often in very unpleasant ways.

No, it does not 'certainly' prove that!  It does prove that a very small number, and an infinitesimal amount in terms of percentages, die prematurely here.  It also proves that the massive majority of visitors go home completely safe and unharmed.

On 6/13/2019 at 1:39 PM, Tradewind777 said:

We never hear the results of “inquests” for these deaths. Very sus.

Why do need to?? You are not listed as the "person responsible". They do publish autopsy result anywhere else, and since you not know his name, how would connect the results even if they did.

10 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

45 years, and found dead at a luxury hotel! if i pay big money to stay at a luxury hotel, i want to remain alive and enjoy the luxury.

rip

Check out the décor, hardly luxury by anyone's meagre standards

On 6/13/2019 at 2:33 PM, JAFO said:

Your are absolutely right Andrew. Many foreigners that die here came over to drink and drug it up then die from either an overdoes, drug/alcohol interactions, Alcohol poisoning or being in a drunken stupor and falling to their deaths. 

The audience here on TVF are quick to assume foul play and theft for everything. 

He  may have had an underlying undiagnosed condition. That's why they autopsies 

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

No, it does not 'certainly' prove that!  It does prove that a very small number, and an infinitesimal amount in terms of percentages, die prematurely here.  It also proves that the massive majority of visitors go home completely safe and unharmed.

Straw man stuff. Nobody suggested the majority of visitors didn't return home unharmed. I would call five premature deaths so far this month substantial (adj. Considerable in importance, value, degree, amount, or extent). You are of course free to feel otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Straw man stuff. Nobody suggested the majority of visitors didn't return home unharmed. I would call five premature deaths so far this month substantial (adj. Considerable in importance, value, degree, amount, or extent). You are of course free to feel otherwise.

You need to check what straw man arguments really are.

4 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Percentage of total in country

20 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

You need to check what straw man arguments really are.

You first.

Your contention that most tourists returned home from Thailand unharmed (when I had never even suggested they did not) is a straw man argument.

14 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

45 years, and found dead at a luxury hotel! if i pay big money to stay at a luxury hotel, i want to remain alive and enjoy the luxury.

rip

on the bright side, the guy did spend some time there and did not have to check out and pay

Archived