PM Prayut setting up new cabinet

webfact

Premier setting up new cabinet

6cf0dc6cdbbee53fa0c693e7add14bb0_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, has confirmed that he is setting up the new cabinet himself, while there has been less comment by coalition partners. He said it would be done within the timeframe provided by law. He denied rumors that he will concurrently assume the post of defense minister.

Gen. Prayut said there has been less talk of late among the coalition partners concerning the setting up of the new cabinet. He said he couldn’t tell how soon it would be done though he preferred it was done as soon as possible. There would be no problems in the allocation of cabinet seats for the Palang Pracharath Party though arguments may have occurred. He commented that he could make such decisions alone and that nothing should be done to compromise confidence in his government. He noted however, that it is impossible for him to please everyone.

The premier did not confirm or deny speculation that Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan and Gen. Anupong Paojinda might be approached to take cabinet seats in the new government. The premier only assured the public that most cabinet ministers would come from the coalition parties. He dismissed news reports that he might concurrently assume the post of defense minister. He confirmed his intention to set up the whole new cabinet himself.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-06-13

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He denied rumors that he will concurrently assume the post of defense minister.

Does'nt he already have a highly qualified defence minister. Bring in Prawit and make a total mockery of a flawed system. The public love him......don't they?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Premier setting up new cabinet

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Three Pattaya ‘ladyboys’ held for pickpocketing

Well...what a coincidence...here are three highly qualified people who just happen to be out of work.

14 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

Why bother reporting anything relating to government policy?

The PM can and will do what ever he wishes. 

Kind of like a one man wrecking machine. Coup, 44, rigged election, cabinet decision etc he done it all. Frank's song comes quickly to mind. 

It is heart-breaking to see what is happening in Thailand - to know that the majority of the Thai people who voted in the 'election' actually voted AGAINST this man; yet here he is, continuing to be (essentially) a one-man autocrat. And there is nothing the Thais can really do about it (unless they are willing to risk their very lives ....).

Heart-breaking - for anyone who loves Thailand and the ordinary Thais ...

2 minutes ago, Eligius said:

It is heart-breaking to see what is happening in Thailand - to know that the majority of the Thai people who voted in the 'election' actually voted AGAINST this man; yet here he is, continuing to be (essentially) a one-man autocrat. And there is nothing the Thais can really do about it (unless they are willing to risk their very lives ....).

Heart-breaking - for anyone who loves Thailand and the ordinary Thais ...

rubbish .... 

' to know that the majority of the Thai people who voted in the 'election' actually voted AGAINST this man; '

nonsense again,  I found the opposite reaction ....  most in my village seem to be content with the current government. They just want peace.

43 minutes ago, steven100 said:

rubbish .... 

' to know that the majority of the Thai people who voted in the 'election' actually voted AGAINST this man; '

nonsense again,  I found the opposite reaction ....  most in my village seem to be content with the current government. They just want peace.

Is there really any point in responding to this (the above post)? OK, as it is Steven100 (who is usually a polite and respectful guy), I shall:

Even under this incredibly rigged 'election', the majority of votes were truly won by those who stood in opposition to the junta forces (remember that the Democrats initially pledged that they would NOT support Prayut and all he represented).

Yes, there exists an appreciable number of Thais who like the militarists - but the majority of Thais who voted clearly do not like the junta-istas and want them gone.

It was only by extraordinary and ongoing levels of duplicity, manipulation and deception and (well, I won't say what it really all was) that the whole 'new' government (what a joke!) has come into being (or rather, is in the process of doing so).

For anyone possessed of even a basic understanding of democracy, genuine legality, fairness and justice, the current situation of Thailand is - I repeat - heart-breaking.

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

rubbish .... 

Heirs of Chamberlain. hey?

3 hours ago, Eligius said:

Is there really any point in responding to this (the above post)? OK, as it is Steven100 (who is usually a polite and respectful guy), I shall:

Even under this incredibly rigged 'election', the majority of votes were truly won by those who stood in opposition to the junta forces (remember that the Democrats initially pledged that they would NOT support Prayut and all he represented).

Yes, there exists an appreciable number of Thais who like the militarists - but the majority of Thais who voted clearly do not like the junta-istas and want them gone.

It was only by extraordinary and ongoing levels of duplicity, manipulation and deception and (well, I won't say what it really all was) that the whole 'new' government (what a joke!) has come into being (or rather, is in the process of doing so).

For anyone possessed of even a basic understanding of democracy, genuine legality, fairness and justice, the current situation of Thailand is - I repeat - heart-breaking.

Steven100 does not understand. He will be a 'pacifist' and put up with the lies, cronyism and blatant corruption (AKA 'ripping off' ordinary Thai citizens) and keeping Feudalism alive.

If he should be caucasian then he really needs to learn what the word "democracy" means. "Democracy" is not one person (backed my the military) rule! Prayut told his people AND the world there would be democracy. Really? A 'con job'!

Like many others, Steven100, YOU TOO HAVE BEEN CONNED (but you will never admit it)!

Archived