BANGKOK 19 June 2019 13:56
webfact

PM Prayut setting up new cabinet

You cant get quicker than a junta fitter🤔

• Haha 1

Hi so Prawit is in the cabinet... And which political party is Prawit a member of??? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Maybe the sign should have read .... All for me, not all for one.:cheesy::cheesy:

one voice

one vision

... one vodka

• Haha 2

It is heart-breaking to see what is happening in Thailand - to know that the majority of the Thai people who voted in the 'election' actually voted AGAINST this man; yet here he is, continuing to be (essentially) a one-man autocrat. And there is nothing the Thais can really do about it (unless they are willing to risk their very lives ....).

Heart-breaking - for anyone who loves Thailand and the ordinary Thais ...

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Eligius said:

It is heart-breaking to see what is happening in Thailand - to know that the majority of the Thai people who voted in the 'election' actually voted AGAINST this man; yet here he is, continuing to be (essentially) a one-man autocrat. And there is nothing the Thais can really do about it (unless they are willing to risk their very lives ....).

Heart-breaking - for anyone who loves Thailand and the ordinary Thais ...

rubbish .... 

' to know that the majority of the Thai people who voted in the 'election' actually voted AGAINST this man; '

nonsense again,  I found the opposite reaction ....  most in my village seem to be content with the current government. They just want peace.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, steven100 said:

rubbish .... 

' to know that the majority of the Thai people who voted in the 'election' actually voted AGAINST this man; '

nonsense again,  I found the opposite reaction ....  most in my village seem to be content with the current government. They just want peace.

Is there really any point in responding to this (the above post)? OK, as it is Steven100 (who is usually a polite and respectful guy), I shall:

Even under this incredibly rigged 'election', the majority of votes were truly won by those who stood in opposition to the junta forces (remember that the Democrats initially pledged that they would NOT support Prayut and all he represented).

Yes, there exists an appreciable number of Thais who like the militarists - but the majority of Thais who voted clearly do not like the junta-istas and want them gone.

It was only by extraordinary and ongoing levels of duplicity, manipulation and deception and (well, I won't say what it really all was) that the whole 'new' government (what a joke!) has come into being (or rather, is in the process of doing so).

For anyone possessed of even a basic understanding of democracy, genuine legality, fairness and justice, the current situation of Thailand is - I repeat - heart-breaking.

Edited by Eligius

What the hell is he doing shopping in Ikea

1 hour ago, poohy said:

What the hell is he doing shopping in Ikea

He was told to pick a cabinet and maybe he thought - for his house?

• Haha 1

"all for one" is a great slogan if talking about govt pork barrelling lol 

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

rubbish .... 

Heirs of Chamberlain. hey?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eligius said:

Is there really any point in responding to this (the above post)? OK, as it is Steven100 (who is usually a polite and respectful guy), I shall:

Even under this incredibly rigged 'election', the majority of votes were truly won by those who stood in opposition to the junta forces (remember that the Democrats initially pledged that they would NOT support Prayut and all he represented).

Yes, there exists an appreciable number of Thais who like the militarists - but the majority of Thais who voted clearly do not like the junta-istas and want them gone.

It was only by extraordinary and ongoing levels of duplicity, manipulation and deception and (well, I won't say what it really all was) that the whole 'new' government (what a joke!) has come into being (or rather, is in the process of doing so).

For anyone possessed of even a basic understanding of democracy, genuine legality, fairness and justice, the current situation of Thailand is - I repeat - heart-breaking.

Steven100 does not understand. He will be a 'pacifist' and put up with the lies, cronyism and blatant corruption (AKA 'ripping off' ordinary Thai citizens) and keeping Feudalism alive.

If he should be caucasian then he really needs to learn what the word "democracy" means. "Democracy" is not one person (backed my the military) rule! Prayut told his people AND the world there would be democracy. Really? A 'con job'!

Like many others, Steven100, YOU TOO HAVE BEEN CONNED (but you will never admit it)!

• Thanks 1