Mass UK protest demanding second EU referendum planned days before Brexit

webfact

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, nauseus said:

Grown up with customers and friends?  Great argument! The auto industry is a problem but the Japanese are repatriating a lot of work to Japan, anyway. Most finance workers are not leaving London; maybe just your friends? UK agriculture is actually quite efficient these days and any EU 'safety' rules will not apply when we leave. The money saved in EU bills can offset all of the farm rebates, which basically consist of our money anyway!

Pure, uninformed speculation.

And if UK does not comply with all EU safety rules, they will not be able to export to Europe - so where will they sell to? 

US with their protectionist policies?

Asia with their lower cost production?

Russia with their struggling economy and extensive farms.

North Korea perhaps.

UK has nothing that the rest of the world needs, limited natural resources and soon no customs union.  Time to move what assets I have from the UK, as the ship is sinking - and you can ask the deck orchestra to play rousing patriotic songs while you go down.

12 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

And if UK does not comply with all EU safety rules, they will not be able to export to Europe - so where will they sell to? 

North Korea perhaps.

UK has nothing that the rest of the world needs, limited natural resources and soon no customs union.  Time to move what assets I have from the UK, as the ship is sinking - and you can ask the deck orchestra to play rousing patriotic songs while you go down.

Your post specified agriculture and EU safety rules. How much food does the UK export now and how much will it export on exit? Answers are very little and ...none. EU standards are already met but all of the food produced in the UK will be needed domestically, so only UK standards need apply to it. 

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Your post specified agriculture and EU safety rules. How much food does the UK export now and how much will it export on exit? Answers are very little and ...none. EU standards are already met but all of the food produced in the UK will be needed domestically, so only UK standards need apply to it. 

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

I understand now - a domestic only economy, so the North Korea model.

7 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Time to move what assets I have from the UK, as the ship is sinking - and you can ask the deck orchestra to play rousing patriotic songs while you go down.

So what form are your assets - gold, artworks, classic cars, vintage wines, whatever? Because in your grown-up state knowing how the world works, why would you do that when the exchange rate is in its' current state?
Where would you take those assets too, somewhere in the EU or even Thailand?? And what tunes do you want?

You hum it son and I'll play it. 

So what form are your assets - gold, artworks, classic cars, vintage wines, whatever? Because in your grown-up state knowing how the world works, why would you do that when the exchange rate is in its' current state?
Where would you take those assets too, somewhere in the EU or even Thailand?? And what tunes do you want?
You hum it son and I'll play it. 
[/url]  
Maybe a job for Steptoe and Son..with Hercules at the front of course[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/13/2019 at 7:49 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

It was never 'millions more', not even three years ago.

Now you’ve lost all credibility denying proving facts. That is a losers game - so i suppose its suitable for a left wing remainer!!

On 6/13/2019 at 11:36 PM, Kinnock said:

It is inevitable that Toyota, Honda and Nissan will relocate from UK, and investment plans for all plants are already on hold, and most finance workers are leaving London.

UK agriculture is uncompetitive and will be barred through EU 'safety' rules.  UK will fade into history, and the union jack boxer-short waving nationalists will still be claiming it was the right thing to do.

How can a damp little island off the coast of Europe ever hope to flourish in isolation - delusional last-century thinking.

That damp little island is STILL the centre of the worlds banking industry as well as the worlds 6th biggest economy!!

On 6/14/2019 at 1:40 AM, Kinnock said:

Because I'm a grown-up who knows how the world really works, because I have customers in the auto industry, because I have friends in banking.

You mean your Mrs works in the Nat west on a Saturday morning?

On 6/14/2019 at 12:08 PM, Kinnock said:

North Korea perhaps.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out… Cheerio we wont miss you!!

On 6/13/2019 at 6:55 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

the British majority voted to leave.

the MP's majority voted no for the deal and the PM kept requesting additional voting, 3x and 3x NO be so kind to enlightened us as to why British people can only vote once and the MP's can vote 3x

On 6/13/2019 at 7:07 AM, Kinnock said:

GBP will be 1:1 with USD soon and heading towards 1:1 with the Thai Baht by October.

fantasy, $ maybe THB are you mad?

anyway hope 2nd Vote get through but doubt it with Corbyns pathetic and indecisive leadership

23 minutes ago, bizboi said:

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out… Cheerio we wont miss you!!

You seem to forget this is an ex-pats website - that door closed 20 years ago for me.  Enjoy the next UK depression.

22 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

fantasy, $ maybe THB are you mad?

.... not mad - I said 'towards' - but if you look at 1930's Germany or current Venezuela - it will be interesting to see how close it will get.

Jingoistic enthusiasm cannot overcome basic economics - the UK is finished as a world power and the painful split with Scotland is looking increasingly inevitable.

But look on the bright side - you can have a nice blue passport. ???? 

.... not mad - I said 'towards' - but if you look at 1930's Germany or current Venezuela - it will be interesting to see how close it will get.

Jingoistic enthusiasm cannot overcome basic economics - the UK is finished as a world power and the painful split with Scotland is looking increasingly inevitable.

But look on the bright side - you can have a nice blue passport. [emoji16] 
Can I take it you are a fully badged up member of the project fear part 2 organisation??

1 hour ago, Kinnock said:

But look on the bright side - you can have a nice blue passport. ???? 

A week is a long time in politics, did you mean black?

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Can I take it you are a fully badged up member of the project fear part 2 organisation??

I am astonished that anyone still thinks Brexit was anything more than a horrible error of judgement by arrogant politicians.  There was never any intent to leave the EU - Cameron was just trying to neutralise Farage and his party as he saw them as the only threat, as Labour was in such disarray at the time.

He even got Boris to lead the Brexit campaign to be certain nobody would vote for it.  But he underestimated the impact of immigration caused by the instability in the Middle East (well played Putin).

Why do you think he resigned - it was just a political game that back-fired.

The people who know it was just a game gone bad are trying to delay what they know to be a bad move.

And Corbyn is no better - his party supports the EU, but his personal aim is re-nationalisation of UK industry, and the EU competition rules would never allow that - hence his dithering.

Labelling logical economic thinking as 'project fear' does nothing to change the dynamics of this tragic error of political gamesmanship.

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Why is it that all the project fear punters bring up the subject of money..I've not read about any expat Brexiteers bitching about the £/baht rate.

when it comes to £/baht subject i think must folks are past the stage of calling it project fear.

4 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Perhaps project fear also applys to the Oz dollar/thai baht ???
Best if you natter with some of the remainers on this forum..they seem to be losing lots of moneyemoji6.png

project fear is a UK term invented by your fellow brexiteers,australia has nothing to do with it,stop changing the topic,the remainers will of lost the same as you,or are you going to claim different as per usual,maybe your scottish pounds command a higher premium up in Issan ????

On 6/15/2019 at 1:56 PM, Mavideol said:

the MP's majority voted no for the deal and the PM kept requesting additional voting, 3x and 3x NO be so kind to enlightened us as to why British people can only vote once and the MP's can vote 3x

Because idiots like John Bercow are puffed up anti democratic idiots who are full of their own self importance but the people only get NORMAL democratic rights - that is ONE vote Tell you what….shall we vote on the 1997 general election again and reverse the invasion of Iraq. Why cant DEMOCRATS accept DEMOCRACY?

22 hours ago, Kinnock said:

I am astonished that anyone still thinks Brexit was anything more than a horrible error of judgement by arrogant politicians.  There was never any intent to leave the EU - Cameron was just trying to neutralise Farage and his party as he saw them as the only threat, as Labour was in such disarray at the time.

He even got Boris to lead the Brexit campaign to be certain nobody would vote for it.  But he underestimated the impact of immigration caused by the instability in the Middle East (well played Putin).

Why do you think he resigned - it was just a political game that back-fired.

The people who know it was just a game gone bad are trying to delay what they know to be a bad move.

And Corbyn is no better - his party supports the EU, but his personal aim is re-nationalisation of UK industry, and the EU competition rules would never allow that - hence his dithering.

Labelling logical economic thinking as 'project fear' does nothing to change the dynamics of this tragic error of political gamesmanship.

Hahaha best bit of comedy ive seen all weekend well done - HEADLINE “Remoaner blames Putin Boris and Cameron" but fails to see that the vote was called for in the first place by hundreds of MPs reporting to cameron that that is WHAT THEIR CONSTITUENTS WANTED!!! Can you please try and grasp the fact that the majority DO NOT want to stay part of a EU Mafia club, they want their sovereignty and the right to make decisions in their own country for themselves. If thats not your bag go live in Iran or worse still Merkels Germanistan!!

On 6/15/2019 at 2:18 PM, Kinnock said:

You seem to forget this is an ex-pats website - that door closed 20 years ago for me.  Enjoy the next UK depression.

Well be safe from that as long as we dont stay in Europe - they need us more than we need them - and by the way dont you wish YOUR country had been great ONCE instead of never?????????????. B y the way - Ill let you into a secret… I didn’t vote the first time. If i had I would have voted remain. If there is a second vote 100% i will vote leave - because that is what the people who voted, voted for -

SHAME that like your namesake who is advocating a tax on peoples gardens  but is worth 4 million himself (most of which was gained from EU payments from his salary and after dinner speeches) you cant accept other peoples democratic rights!!

38 minutes ago, bizboi said:

Well be safe from that as long as we dont stay in Europe - they need us more than we need them - and by the way dont you wish YOUR country had been great ONCE instead of never?????????????. B y the way - Ill let you into a secret… I didn’t vote the first time. If i had I would have voted remain. If there is a second vote 100% i will vote leave - because that is what the people who voted, voted for -

SHAME that like your namesake who is advocating a tax on peoples gardens  but is worth 4 million himself (most of which was gained from EU payments from his salary and after dinner speeches) you cant accept other peoples democratic rights!!

So it seems your enjoying brexit then,shame your enjoying something that hasnt happenrd and wont happen,in my book thats called a dream,the will of the sovereign govt is holding firm,no EU interference whatsoever,just what you wanted.

Archived