Chris Froome out of TDF...

cornishcarlos

I too was looking forward to the battle brewing between Froome and Geraint Thomas for the overall. It is very unfortunate of this accident and Froome has crashed before in the Tour and had to abandon. I just wish the year Froome rode as Bradly Wiggins chief lieutenant in the Tour which Wiggins ultimately won that year, that Froome could have also ridden for the overall. It was obvious he was a stronger rider then Wiggins in the mountains, and if not for Froome, Wiggins might not  have won the Tour that year.  Had Froome gone on to win that Tour he would now have 5 TDF titles and be up there with the other greats such as Eddie Merck, Miguel Indurain, Bernard Hinault et al. Now it looks like Froome will never go on to equal the 5 TDF titles that the previously mentioned riders went on to achieve. It was a good run by Froome and it looks like his career will be on the down slope now. 

It would be a heroic effort to come back and win TdF next year.

Simon Yates seems to be doing well after a disappointing Giro.

I'm going to switch to rock-hard 28 mm tyres for the Criterium de Cheras, but I'm not going for aero wheels.  I've asked one of the guys who's bringing his bike in the car to deal with the post-race ciders.  My objective is to not get lapped until the final lap, but I may be kidding no-one but myself.

SC

Archived