Birthday, this upsets me

kevin612

On my birthday yesterday, no cake and no presents from girlfriend.

I still remember her friend's birthday, she wanted to buy that and that for her.

We walked night market twice and she always remembered her birthday.

when my birthday comes, NOTHING. This really bothers me. 

Perhaps I should break up.

SHE KNOWS THIS IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your birthday was associated with a mental picture of money, she would have remember, they never forget money... however, Do not fret, i had a very serious accident and by best friend who is also a thai lady, never remember to ask how i'm doing while i'm all out here in helping her and her family all the time...

Maybe you should have been dropping big hints

a week or two before your actual birthday,then

if she still did not give you anything or even

acknowledge your birthday,dump her as she

does not seem to give a shit about you.

regards Worgeordie

4 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

She said happy birthday to me 

Said happy birthday and did not buy you a present or at least take you to dinner or something? Is she the type of "girlfriend" you pay for, or you do not spend (much) money on her? Did you buy her a present on her birthday? How long have you been together?

mine forgets my birthday, however, she doesnt get upset when I forget hers, so fair play. Her Mum remembers me though and pops around with my favourite homecooked Thai food. Maybe i shouldve married my Mum in law.

20 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Said happy birthday and did not buy you a present or at least take you to dinner or something? Is she the type of "girlfriend" you pay for, or you do not spend (much) money on her? Did you buy her a present on her birthday? How long have you been together?

I gave her 20k monthly, 6 months together and we both are young. Her birthday on oct.

My GF (20y together) always wishes me HB but never bought me a present. I will follow the advice from some fellow posters and I will break up with her today! And because this is going on for many years, I will also break up with her tomorrow! That will teach her!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I know this may be less true for more Westernized Thais, but from what I've seen out in the country, birthday celebrations seem to be mostly reserved for very young children and for girlfriends during honeymoon stage of the relationship. Birthday celebrations for men don't seem to be that common. Before anyone jumps all over me, just saying celebrating birthdays doesn't seem to be as widespread a tradition as in the west. OP needs to discuss his expectations with his girlfriend.

1 minute ago, Gecko123 said:

I know this may be less true for more Westernized Thais, but from what I've seen out in the country, birthday celebrations seem to be mostly reserved for very young children and for girlfriends during honeymoon stage of the relationship. Birthday celebrations for men don't seem to be that common. Before anyone jumps all over me, just saying birthday celebrations don't seem to be as widespread a tradition as in the west. OP needs to discuss his expectations with his girlfriend.

Bang on! That is exactly my understanding.

8 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

I gave her 20k monthly, 6 months together and we both are young. Her birthday on oct.

Then dump her. She doesn't love you - she loves money. Deep down you probably already know this which is why you are getting upset. There's plenty of girls out there who will date you without asking for money.

Why are you giving her money anyway? To keep her from working (other men)? What do you think would happen if you stopped giving her money?

57 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I know this may be less true for more Westernized Thais, but from what I've seen out in the country, birthday celebrations seem to be mostly reserved for very young children and for girlfriends during honeymoon stage of the relationship. Birthday celebrations for men don't seem to be that common. Before anyone jumps all over me, just saying celebrating birthdays doesn't seem to be as widespread a tradition as in the west. OP needs to discuss his expectations with his girlfriend.

Yes, no birthdays in my Thai peasant family. Some of them - the older ones - don't even KNOW when their birthday was, let alone remember to celebrate it. The emperor was far away in the old days & there were many rice paddies, so no officialdom to register births. My oldest SIL & oldest BIL are officially twins, but actually 3 years apart. Their parents just didn't get around to registering the 1st birth till the 2nd arrived ...

So the only birthdays celebrated, now, are the children's & mine & b/f's ie kids + source of money.

2 hours ago, kevin612 said:

She said happy birthday to me

You just cant please some people :blink:

But seriously at 62 you want to be reminded each year that the end is coming at you like a run away freight train

2 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Yep. Or maybe she didn't know? My wife forgot mine this year. 2 days later she remembered. I am still shaking from the sex she gave me! 

If you're 'still shaking', to me it gives the impression it was manual on your own?

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Maybe you should have been dropping big hints

a week or two before your actual birthday,then

if she still did not give you anything or even

acknowledge your birthday,dump her as she

does not seem to give a shit about you.

regards Worgeordie

Why do most adults bother about birthdays? I never celebrate my birthdays, I mourn them.

5 hours ago, kevin612 said:

On my birthday yesterday, no cake and no presents from girlfriend.

I still remember her friend's birthday, she wanted to buy that and that for her.

We walked night market twice and she always remembered her birthday.

when my birthday comes, NOTHING. This really bothers me. 

Perhaps I should break up.

SHE KNOWS THIS IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!

Happy Birthday!! ????????

Archived