Thai hotel engineer arrested for stabbing German tourist and theft on Koh Samui

webfact

Thai hotel engineer arrested for stabbing German tourist and theft on Koh Samui

2pm.jpg

Police on Koh Samui have arrested a 27 year old hotel employee for the stabbing of a German tourist and the theft of gold jewelry from his Thai female companion last week. 

It has emerged that the German tried to resist the attack and was stabbed in the shoulder. 

Yesterday Nanthanon Noowan, 27, was taken on a reenactment of the crime committed on June 5th. He was taken to four places. 

The first place was a lonely road leading to the Bang Khunsri waterfall in the Mae Nam area. On a motorbike he followed the 60 year old German tourist who was riding a motorcycle with his partner Yong Noiphrom, 56 riding pillion. 

onb_1560339364_9926.jpg

He forced them to stop and when the tourist resisted Nanthanon produced a knife and attacked him in the left shoulder. Yong was then forced at knife point to hand over a gold necklace and a gold bracelet. 

Nanthanon then fled towards Lamai. 

The second stop on the reenactment - led by Samui chief of police Pol Col Boriboon Yusuksomboon - was where the suspect ditched the knife. 

He then went back to his hotel in Na Muang where he worked and threw his clothes in the trash and carried on working as if nothing had happened. 

The fourth stop was a gold shop in Lamai where he sold the jewelry. Many inquisitive tourists watched this part of the reenactment, reported ONB News. 

The victims thanked the police for their swift resolution of the case and the recovery of their stolen property. 

ONB further reported that the victims had proved very helpful to the police. The robbery occurred in a quiet area with no other witnesses or CCTV. But they were able to give a good description of the suspect who was caught at the end of Soi Poonsawat, Maret, on CCTV. 

A picture was shown to the suspects who confirmed that this was the motorcyclist who robbed them. 

He was then traced to a hotel in Na Muang where he worked and a warrant was issued. 

Nanthanon has been charged with robbery with a knife using a conveyance and aggravated assault and is in the custody of the Koh Samui police. 

ONB said this was a serious case that had damaged Thai tourism and was made worse by the fact that the man responsible was a hotel employee on the holiday island. 

Source: ONB News

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A picture was shown to the suspects who confirmed that this was the motorcyclist who robbed them. 

No cctv of the incident, so where did the pix come from? Is he a known felon? Nice to see the Thai cops doing their job for a change.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

These stupid "reenactments".

How do the victims feel about this circus?

Victims become more traumatized as they believe the authorities " don't believe them".  Leads to reluctance in reporting anything again just so BIB get there selfies in the media.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Reenactments, finger-pointing press conferences and giant posters with detailed diagrams of who's who. I think they need to do all these - put on a show whenever they actually do their job - to cover up how inept they really are.

3 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

No cctv of the incident, so where did the pix come from? Is he a known felon? Nice to see the Thai cops doing their job for a change.

Read the article. 

"But were able to give a good description of the suspect who was caught at the end of Soi Poonsawat, Maret, on CCTV. 

Well done to the German couple and to the police. Job done.

The re-enactments are quite important in a country where poverty is common and it is easy to pay someone to take the fall for the crime. A 'stand in' would fail at the re-enactment.

9 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

The re-enactments are quite important in a country where poverty is common and it is easy to pay someone to take the fall for the crime. A 'stand in' would fail at the re-enactment.

-And then we went that way. 

-No, no, no, you went that way. 

British-Tourists-Re-enactment.jpg.9732f1c1801c4151d8a77c892dae6ba1.jpg

17 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Read the article. 

"But were able to give a good description of the suspect who was caught at the end of Soi Poonsawat, Maret, on CCTV. 

Read my post. And the article.

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Exactly, especially in this particular case. His partner got held up and he was helpless...

Cops: Let's have the thief point at the guy he stabbed and get it photographed with a crowd around too.

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

Enraged I suspect. I would need to be handcuffed to stop myself from losing control and attacking the thief.

Yeah, I'd like to see it...make sure to get in video for us.

"Enraged"

4 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Possible he was one of the ones just released on a pardon week or two ago and the police showed them mugshots off all who were released and they picked him out .

5 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Reminds me of the young Thai that stabbed a 65 year old Swiss man because they brushed past each other in the street.

He was fined 500 baht.

Wow was he fined that much Usually a slap on the wrist is sufficent

1 hour ago, Solinvictus said:

Exactly, especially in this particular case. His partner got held up and he was helpless...

Cops: Let's have the thief point at the guy he stabbed and get it photographed with a crowd around too.

Yeah, I'd like to see it...make sure to get in video for us.

Hahaha if I put it in a video for you I'll make sure that its PG rated to suit your yellow streak.

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The German on the bike having to do the reenactment doesn't look too happy. Probably pissed off. 

3 hours ago, Jack900pantah said:

Yep. Such an incredible waste of police resources to achieve what? Bloody laughable

bloody hell. the police does an excelent job and catches the attacker, yet "the forum farang" cannot express gratitude simply the usual cynical anti thai garbage is spewed.

reenactments? nothing wrong with that. its called transparancy, and maybe it makes "the shy farang" a teeny bit uncomfortable, Thais dont mind. Its Thailand here! u r >not< in yr home country.

they catched the mf in no time. GOOD JOB DONE! 

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

well said. its nice to see an understanding person who can compliment the police for a job well done, and understand and respect Thai society.

if all were like you, Thai Immigration laws would be very different. We would be WELCOMED by Immigration.

1 hour ago, balo said:

The German on the bike having to do the reenactment doesn't look too happy. Probably pissed off. 

i never seldom see a farang being "happy". most of the time the farang walks on the street or the shopping center with a face as if he just swallowed a dozen lemons. His unhappiness is most likely unrelated to the enactment. he most probably is happy that the mf is caught, but not able to express that happiness on his face.

Archived