Thai hotel engineer arrested for stabbing German tourist and theft on Koh Samui

webfact

They should give this punk 30 yrs in prison.

6 little punks on 3 motorbikes chased my wife and I down on Soi 27 near C C Roadhouse off Siam Country Club Road at 7 pm and tried robbing us, I hit the gas n got to my friends house, now they are facing 5 guys.......as I walked toward them to rip their head off 2 pulled out pistols, I was only 10 meters away.....if he pulled the trigger, I doubt he would have missed me.

when they heard police were coming, they go back on their bikes and took off.

There is definitely a gang on Siam Country Club Road that hang in front of the big fresh market.

Be careful on Siam Country Club Road

Well done RTP, assuming the story as presented proves accurate.

That German is familiar & almost certainly lives locally.

All I can add on the safety front is automatic bikes aren't supposed to go over that hill* cos too many have died due to inexperience/the bike not liking it (in addition to the odd 'Dick Turpin'!)

(*There are signs at either end to that effect)

40 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

They should give this punk 30 yrs in prison.

6 little punks on 3 motorbikes chased my wife and I down on Soi 27 near C C Roadhouse off Siam Country Club Road at 7 pm and tried robbing us, I hit the gas n got to my friends house, now they are facing 5 guys.......as I walked toward them to rip their head off 2 pulled out pistols, I was only 10 meters away.....if he pulled the trigger, I doubt he would have missed me.

when they heard police were coming, they go back on their bikes and took off.

There is definitely a gang on Siam Country Club Road that hang in front of the big fresh market.

Be careful on Siam Country Club Road

How far from SAMUI is that?

Assuming his wife was not involved, as sadly there have been cases of such setups, do not wear jewelry or flash stuff!  I get the show off value in Thailand as some girls want to show how their man now takes care of them.  I don't like it, but I get it. 

19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

These stupid "reenactments".

How do the victims feel about this circus?

Normally I'm not in favour of re-enactments, but in the case of foreigners, tourists or expats being subjected to serious attacks on holiday islands then I think the more media attention it gets the better.

People who might not otherwise know can make an informed judgement on where they might take their next vacation.

17 hours ago, Crash999 said:

It’s a bad translation. He’s not an engineer he is a technician. 

Translates to "anyone with a  hammer and screwdriver" you can probably mange without the hammer if you use a rock!

22 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

As long as I get my property returned I would have no problem participating in the show.

plus I get my pic on Thai Visa ????

21 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Well done to the German couple and to the police. Job done.

The re-enactments are quite important in a country where poverty is common and it is easy to pay someone to take the fall for the crime. A 'stand in' would fail at the re-enactment.

Let me get this straight. A seemingly poor person steals a gold chain. They then pay someone to take the fall for them as it's cheap. Where they get the money from for this I don't know. It must be very cheap. And the way to stop this illogical course of action from happening is to enforce a re-enactment? Jesus wept. 

This is nothing more than a photo op. 

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Let me get this straight. A seemingly poor person steals a gold chain. They then pay someone to take the fall for them as it's cheap. Where they get the money from for this I don't know. It must be very cheap. And the way to stop this illogical course of action from happening is to enforce a re-enactment? Jesus wept. 

"This is nothing more than a photo op." so beloved by RTP. All about "face", they just cannot help themselves.

But they did arrest someone and that has to be good.

17 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

"This is nothing more than a photo op." so beloved by RTP. All about "face", they just cannot help themselves.

But they did arrest someone and that has to be good.

That is good. It’s also their job. But my criticism here is purely the re-enactment. 

7 hours ago, rkidlad said:

A cheap snipe taken out of context.

I was not talking about this particular case. Please try and understand my English.

" The re-enactments are quite important in a country where poverty is common " I did not mention this case or Koh Samui. This was in response to the criticism about the general usefulness of re-enactments.

A good friend of mine was murdered. The very rich guy who ordered the hit paid for a fall guy to hand himself in to the police. The fall guy failed the re-enactment. The real shooter went to gaol for a very long time. So did the guy who arranged for the hit and so did the rich guy who ordered it.

Without the re-enactment, they would all be free.

33 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

A cheap snipe taken out of context.

I was not talking about this particular case. Please try and understand my English.

" The re-enactments are quite important in a country where poverty is common " I did not mention this case or Koh Samui. This was in response to the criticism about the general usefulness of re-enactments.

A good friend of mine was murdered. The very rich guy who ordered the hit paid for a fall guy to hand himself in to the police. The fall guy failed the re-enactment. The real shooter went to gaol for a very long time. So did the guy who arranged for the hit and so did the rich guy who ordered it.

Without the re-enactment, they would all be free.

Wow! That sounds like a big story. You have some links to some news articles about this murder? Would be fascinated to read more about it. 

Anyway, the person who stole the gold chain clearly isn’t rich. So worrying about him paying someone to take the fall really isn’t a concern. 

On 6/13/2019 at 12:19 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Sadly its part of being in Thailand.  Victim is victimized - again!  Welcome to the land of smiles.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:16 AM, Crash999 said:

It isn't a bad translation. Every medium-large hotel has an "Engineering" department - both Thai and Western.

On 6/13/2019 at 2:16 PM, Crash999 said:

They're mistakenly called engineer in Thailand. In the west they are called plumbers, carpenters, painters, or the more general term, "handyman." Few have the formal education or degree to earn the title of engineer.

3 minutes ago, Uptooyoo said:

They're called engineer's in Thailand. In the west they are called plumbers, carpenters, painters or the more general term, "handyman." Few have a formal education or degree to earn the title of engineer.

They're called engineer's in Thailand. In the west they are called plumbers, carpenters, painters or the more general term, "handyman." Few have a formal education or degree to earn the title of engineer.

Maintaining a hotel complex is done by "tradies" - either in-house or by contractors.  Engineers would only be involved with upgrades of modifications.  Not even huge complexes containing shops and hotels employ engineers.  Once it is built and running it up to the tradies to maintain

I have no idea about formal qualification paths for trades careers in Thailand.  Most of the ones I have met learned from their father or uncle!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 8:50 AM, webfact said:

A picture was shown to the suspects who confirmed that this was the motorcyclist who robbed them. 

Amazing Thailand where Farangs, when they are the victims, remain suspects. Probably of some TM30 infringement.

Archived