Jump to content
BANGKOK 18 July 2019 08:08
webfact

Thai hotel engineer arrested for stabbing German tourist and theft on Koh Samui

Recommended Posts

They should give this punk 30 yrs in prison.

6 little punks on 3 motorbikes chased my wife and I down on Soi 27 near C C Roadhouse off Siam Country Club Road at 7 pm and tried robbing us, I hit the gas n got to my friends house, now they are facing 5 guys.......as I walked toward them to rip their head off 2 pulled out pistols, I was only 10 meters away.....if he pulled the trigger, I doubt he would have missed me.

when they heard police were coming, they go back on their bikes and took off.

There is definitely a gang on Siam Country Club Road that hang in front of the big fresh market.

 

Be careful on Siam Country Club Road

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done RTP, assuming the story as presented proves accurate.

That German is familiar & almost certainly lives locally.

All I can add on the safety front is automatic bikes aren't supposed to go over that hill* cos too many have died due to inexperience/the bike not liking it (in addition to the odd 'Dick Turpin'!)

(*There are signs at either end to that effect)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

They should give this punk 30 yrs in prison.

6 little punks on 3 motorbikes chased my wife and I down on Soi 27 near C C Roadhouse off Siam Country Club Road at 7 pm and tried robbing us, I hit the gas n got to my friends house, now they are facing 5 guys.......as I walked toward them to rip their head off 2 pulled out pistols, I was only 10 meters away.....if he pulled the trigger, I doubt he would have missed me.

when they heard police were coming, they go back on their bikes and took off.

There is definitely a gang on Siam Country Club Road that hang in front of the big fresh market.

 

Be careful on Siam Country Club Road

How far from SAMUI is that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

 

I don't know any roads with friends !! 

 

ronery.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming his wife was not involved, as sadly there have been cases of such setups, do not wear jewelry or flash stuff!  I get the show off value in Thailand as some girls want to show how their man now takes care of them.  I don't like it, but I get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Borzandy said:

It's nice to know that Thai engineer are able to work in hotel.

Engineer??  Mmmm.....................buy his qualifications along Khao San Rd?  🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

These stupid "reenactments".

How do the victims feel about this circus?

Normally I'm not in favour of re-enactments, but in the case of foreigners, tourists or expats being subjected to serious attacks on holiday islands then I think the more media attention it gets the better.

People who might not otherwise know can make an informed judgement on where they might take their next vacation.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Crash999 said:

It’s a bad translation. He’s not an engineer he is a technician. 

Translates to "anyone with a  hammer and screwdriver" you can probably mange without the hammer if you use a rock!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

These stupid "reenactments".

How do the victims feel about this circus?

As long as I get my property returned I would have no problem participating in the show.

plus I get my pic on Thai Visa 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Well done to the German couple and to the police. Job done.

 

The re-enactments are quite important in a country where poverty is common and it is easy to pay someone to take the fall for the crime. A 'stand in' would fail at the re-enactment.

 

Let me get this straight. A seemingly poor person steals a gold chain. They then pay someone to take the fall for them as it's cheap. Where they get the money from for this I don't know. It must be very cheap. And the way to stop this illogical course of action from happening is to enforce a re-enactment? Jesus wept. 

 

This is nothing more than a photo op. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Let me get this straight. A seemingly poor person steals a gold chain. They then pay someone to take the fall for them as it's cheap. Where they get the money from for this I don't know. It must be very cheap. And the way to stop this illogical course of action from happening is to enforce a re-enactment? Jesus wept. 

 

This is nothing more than a photo op. 

 

 

"This is nothing more than a photo op." so beloved by RTP. All about "face", they just cannot help themselves.

 

But they did arrest someone and that has to be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

"This is nothing more than a photo op." so beloved by RTP. All about "face", they just cannot help themselves.

 

But they did arrest someone and that has to be good.

That is good. It’s also their job. But my criticism here is purely the re-enactment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Let me get this straight. A seemingly poor person steals a gold chain. They then pay someone to take the fall for them as it's cheap. Where they get the money from for this I don't know. It must be very cheap. And the way to stop this illogical course of action from happening is to enforce a re-enactment? Jesus wept. 

 

This is nothing more than a photo op. 

 

 

A cheap snipe taken out of context.

 

I was not talking about this particular case. Please try and understand my English.

 

" The re-enactments are quite important in a country where poverty is common " I did not mention this case or Koh Samui. This was in response to the criticism about the general usefulness of re-enactments.

 

A good friend of mine was murdered. The very rich guy who ordered the hit paid for a fall guy to hand himself in to the police. The fall guy failed the re-enactment. The real shooter went to gaol for a very long time. So did the guy who arranged for the hit and so did the rich guy who ordered it.

 

Without the re-enactment, they would all be free.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 11:19 AM, KhunBENQ said:

These stupid "reenactments".

How do the victims feel about this circus?

Well, they got their stuff back ! so they probably are pretty well Ok with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

A cheap snipe taken out of context.

 

I was not talking about this particular case. Please try and understand my English.

 

" The re-enactments are quite important in a country where poverty is common " I did not mention this case or Koh Samui. This was in response to the criticism about the general usefulness of re-enactments.

 

A good friend of mine was murdered. The very rich guy who ordered the hit paid for a fall guy to hand himself in to the police. The fall guy failed the re-enactment. The real shooter went to gaol for a very long time. So did the guy who arranged for the hit and so did the rich guy who ordered it.

 

Without the re-enactment, they would all be free.

Wow! That sounds like a big story. You have some links to some news articles about this murder? Would be fascinated to read more about it. 

 

Anyway, the person who stole the gold chain clearly isn’t rich. So worrying about him paying someone to take the fall really isn’t a concern. 

Edited by rkidlad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...