Police help stricken colleague with CPR at a police station

webfact

Police help stricken colleague with CPR at a police station

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a post on Facebook under the name of "Luck  Rattanataworn" told how a police colleague passed out at a police station. 

His heart stopped while he was waiting for an ambulance and officers started CPR.

They performed 30 compressions followed by 2 breaths in cycles said the poster. On the third breath the man started to show signs of revival and spluttered. 

He coughed up food into the mouth of the man doing CPR nearly making him retch. 

The ambulance arrived and the officer is now recovering in hospital. 

The poster said this showed the importance of CPR and being able to perform it. 

Source: Thai Rath

If I remember my first aid training, one of the first actions in treating an unconscious/collapsed casualty is to loosen items of tight clothing.

Should keep 'em busy in a police station!

????

6 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

The victim probably wouldnt have vomited if the police officer hadn't started using his tongue while giving him the kiss of life.

Well done to all those that helped the man.

I gave CPR back in England. Unsuccessfully I'm sorry to say. I retched after as well. Removing a mans dentures and applying mouth to mouth is not the most pleasant experience, but if it's successful it's well worth it.

10 hours ago, JAG said:

If I remember my first aid training, one of the first actions in treating an unconscious/collapsed casualty is to loosen items of tight clothing.

Should keep 'em busy in a police station!

????

And quickly clear the throat of any objects, food etc.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:59 PM, Gandtee said:

I gave CPR back in England. Unsuccessfully I'm sorry to say. I retched after as well. Removing a mans dentures and applying mouth to mouth is not the most pleasant experience, but if it's successful it's well worth it.

Damned right and you are a hero for trying. Well done Gandtree

Archived