Immigration busy fining Thais and foreigners - US man pays 5,000 baht fine for not doing 90 day report

webfact

Immigration busy fining Thais and foreigners - US man pays 5,000 baht fine for not doing 90 day report

4pm2.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na reported that immigration police in two provinces had fined Thais for not reporting the whereabouts of foreigners in their properties within 24 hours. 

An American man was also fined 5,000 baht for not making a 90 day report.

In Kanju sub-district of Muang, Petchabun three Thai householders were fined a total of 6,000 baht for failing to report foreigners staying at their addresses in contravention of Article 38, 1979. 

An American was fined 5,000 baht for not completing a 90 day report contrary to Article 37 (5), 1979. 

In Saraburi immigration went to a construction site in Nong Pring sub-district and fined Preeda Ninthida, aged 70, 1,600 baht for not reporting a foreigner at their address. 

Pol Maj-Gen Thanakorn Phikunkaew, chief of Saraburi immigration, said they were acting on the orders of acting chief of Thai immigration Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang.

Sources: Naew NaNaew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-13

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

they  keep this up, thai's wont rent to Farangs anymore ;-(

Yes they will. Just the lazy ones won't. My landlords during my time in Thailand have been great, and fully compliant with the law. In return I treat his house with respect. It's a relationship that works well.  

Have to go and wait 2 hours with a hand full of paperwork just for my friend to stay a few days at your house within 24hours. Understandable to do this if you could do it in English online but the anxiety of waiting and photocopying everything in that small office in Chonburi is just ridiculous. 

34 minutes ago, webfact said:

An American was fined 5,000 baht for not completing a 90 day report contrary to Article 37 (5), 1979. 

My 90 day was about due so a trip to town was necessary. And I have to admit that my heart did skip a beat upon seeing the paddy wagon and I have been legal for years...

immigration truck.JPG

10 minutes ago, lazeeboy said:

I was registered and stayed at a hotel one night next 90 day report fined 1600 baht 

Feel the Love and respect for the ex-pat community.

can't you feel it growing,  day by day.

Thailand, Welcomes your wallet, but not you. 

28 minutes ago, missoura said:

My 90 day was about due so a trip to town was necessary. And I have to admit that my heart did skip a beat upon seeing the paddy wagon and I have been legal for years...

immigration truck.JPG

Because it's the equivalent of going to naples italy, sitting on the beach and a bunch of mafiosi in black suites turn up behind you, it's not you, it's them.

Same kind of people -.- I was really happy when i was in london earlier this year and i could just ask a cop for the way to the next pub and guess what, he said have a good holiday and didnt rob me, it's amazing.

hahahaha, did my 90 day this morning, my new slip had me needing to report again on june 11 2020 so I got them to fix it, somehow I doubt they would have been happy if I stuck to the date

2 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Because it's the equivalent of going to naples italy, sitting on the beach and a bunch of mafiosi in black suites turn up behind you, it's not you, it's them.

Same kind of people -.- I was really happy when i was in london earlier this year and i could just ask a cop for the way to the next pub and guess what, he said have a good holiday and didnt rob me, it's amazing.

Surely move to London then, if you love it that much? Or would you rather stay here and complain about everything, just because the cost of living and the cost of romance is cheaper? Take the good with the bad, my friend. 

29 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Do your 90 day check in then, like the rest of us do. It's not rocket science. It's not even particularly hard.  

Maybe the guy got sick or God forbid, forgot to check in with immigration for his 90 day reporting.  You must enjoy living in a police state.  Communist China, as restrictive as they are don't even have a 90 day reporting requirement.

Maybe it's time you rub those sleepy little eyes and wake up.  Westerners who reside in Thailand, are living in one of the more restrictive environments in the world and the noose is slowly tightening. ????

Greedy control freaks. Very very little to do with effective law enforcement, and everything to do with revenue. The only power you have here is spending power. Stop spending money until they start treating you like a human being.

6 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Maybe the guy got sick or God forbid, forgot to check in with immigration for his 90 day reporting.  You must enjoy living in a police state.  Communist China, as restrictive as they are don't even have a 90 day reporting requirement.

Rubbish. "Maybe he got sick" - for 22 days? You can go 15 days before or 7 days after and still complete the check-in. But you already knew that and that was the best excuse you could come up with for why someone might miss their 90 day check in?

Also, great strawman argument you show there with your suggestion I must enjoy living in a Police state because I pointed out that the 90 day check in isn't that much of an issue if you do it right. Nope, I don't see it as a police state, but then again, I don't see a 30 minute appointment, once every three months as overly restrictive either. Why? Because it's not. 

4 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Greedy control freaks. Very very little to do with effective law enforcement, and everything to do with revenue. The only power you have here is spending power. Stop spending money until they start treating you like a human being.

Or just leave if you despise it that much? I presume you hate your home country more? I struggle to see how a 90 day check in is everything to do with revenue when it costs literally nothing if you do it every 90 days. 

Looks like the TM 30 is another source of revenue they've discovered. Every year, with every extension, you'll need to fill out and pay the fine on the TM 30 for any time you've been away during the year. Would be okay, if they would just make it a little easier.

The Chief has to tell his officers to do the job their are paid to do. ???? Next in line will be the police chief. Get the police to fine the idiots who don't know how to use a roundabout for a start. 

10 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Surely move to London then, if you love it that much? Or would you rather stay here and complain about everything, just because the cost of living and the cost of romance is cheaper? Take the good with the bad, my friend. 

Not your damn business.

Don't give a rats ass about cost of living or romance here, none of that is any cheaper than where i am from.

This is a thai expat/touri forum, i am a thai expat/touri and i and others discuss what we want here, if it bothers you then stop browsing the forum.

10 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I do agree with you.

But people enjoy there, Sex and Drugs and Rock n roll. its all my brain and body needs. 

and that all costs money, so they win what ever we do. unless we leave.

Nah,  to much of a laugh here. :jap:

36 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Feel the Love and respect for the ex-pat community.

can't you feel it growing,  day by day.

Thailand, Welcomes your wallet, but not you. 

you do realize the wallets leave with the expats?!

no expats, no wallets

2 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Not your damn business.

Don't give a rats ass about cost of living or romance here, none of that is any cheaper than where i am from.

This is a thai expat/touri forum, i am a thai expat/touri and i and others discuss what we want here, if it bothers you then stop browsing the forum.

Nope, if you come on an open forum and discuss how much you hate the Thai law enforcement but loved British law enforcement, it's a logical question to ask why you don't leave the country you appear to hate so much. If those sorts of questions bother you, I'd suggest you take your own advice? As you said, it's an open forum. 

Every expat knows the 90 day reporting rule. Some choose to ignore it so immigration target them. It's not really the robbery you suggested. 

1 minute ago, quandow said:

I live in Jomtien, and when the mood hits me, I rent a room near LK Metro so I don't have to worry about drunk driving. Am I required to do a new TM30 every time I rent a room?

no, only when you go back home. the hotel reports your stay comrad

Archived