Immigration busy fining Thais and foreigners - US man pays 5,000 baht fine for not doing 90 day report

webfact

And I can tell you, that after visiting our very good local imigration office. ... That now, if you leave the country on your Multiple entry ... retirement visa that costs just a bit more, as most of you probably know. ... You now have to go to your local imigration dept and report where your address is as soon as you return, and re entre the kingdom. Which is a new requirement also. ... like it can be you your self .. or the Thai people you stay with. Not just them. As long as your address is reported ... so they say. Like the stamp in at Savanabumi does not count so they told me. You have to go to your local imigration office as soon as you arrive your self. Like with in 24 hrs I guess ? 

And they also told me that the 800,000 bart has to be in one bank account only. And not more than one book. ... so they say. ... So there goes using my fixed deposit that I have to keep in BBL to back up my Credit cards. ... 

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

All this reporting is online now so not much worries of officer’s daily moods here. According to what you have said so far I won’t be able to do my next 90 days report online cos I have stayed in several hotels all around Thailand since my TM30, reported online earlier this year. And this would have somehow changed situation about my residence. I can’t see how it could be possible so you must be clearly wrong. Or BKK has changed the instructions last week.  So which is it?

Several threads in the immigration forum indicating that online 90 day reports are now being rejected when there's no current TM30 on file. 

5 hours ago, madmen said:

Thats the type of post that should be reported to the Thai authorities !! it's beyond sick..I bet my condo somebody will 

The Thai authorities believe the Swastika to be a fashion symbol. 

I wonder why they don’t give a small booklet of all the reporting requirements listing all the forms you need, the reporting back to local immigration if away from usual residence etc, when you receive your first visa?

i am sure that many are unaware of the requirements. 

20 hours ago, EricTh said:

There are still tons of foreigners who still want to stay long term in Thailand after all these harassment akin to a police state.

There are still foreigners who are proud of themselves and dont want to suffer this kind of humiliation have put a cross on it. 

8 hours ago, madmen said:

Just carry a pic in your phone ya big sissy. Chances of being randomly pulled over just for an ID check alone is to close to zero to worry about.

As far as I am aware, the personal details contained in your passport need to be married up with the Admitted Until stamp you receive when entering the country. Otherwise, what is the point and how can they tell if you are on overstay? As a big sissy, I don't see how you can do that on a mobile phone. The same applies if you carry a photocopy. Maybe the police carry a device with which they can type in the passport details from your phone passport picture to check your status. I don't know. Do you?

As for close to zero chance, I've long read of people being stopped, sometimes for passport checks or even while riding a taxi and being told to exit the vehicle for a drug check in some central areas of Bangkok. The latter happened to a friend of mine on holiday, and he was unused to such treatment and told me he was shaking. Happy holidays. He'll not be back.

21 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Thailand, Welcomes your wallet, but not you.

Nothings changed... it's always been like that.

I've lived here 11 years now, yesterday I went to my local talat to do some shopping, nearby within walking distance is a famous Thai temple called Phra Pathom chedi, I've been in there hundreds of times... to my surprise there is a new sign at the entrance

"foreigners pay 60 baht entrance fee" a Thai man walked up to me with his hand out and said 'you pay 60 baht, not free for you" 

I said I'm not a tourist I've lived here 11 years, my home is 5 minutes away.. he just said "you not Thai, you pay me" I replied I not pay you anything... keep your temple for yourself!

And I walked away... 

Phra Pathom Chedi.jpg

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I wonder why they don’t give a small booklet of all the reporting requirements listing all the forms you need, the reporting back to local immigration if away from usual residence etc, when you receive your first visa?

i am sure that many are unaware of the requirements. 

Because they’d have to reprint it every 2 minutes to keep up with the changes

12 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

That is not true. Bangkok does no such nonsense. Actually very few people have been fined in Bangkok for TM30. Some still lately got yearly extensions approved in BKK and have never done TM30.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yesterday I went for renewing my extension of stay for another year and I was fined 800 Bht at Bangkok Chaeng Wattana for not being registered in their computer for TM30.  90 days report via mail is up to date.  My land lady has never used a computer...  So TM7: 1900 Bht, TM8: 3800 Bht, TM30 Fine for failing residence notification: 800 Bht.  Total: 6500 Thb.

12 hours ago, thainet said:

But very curious why Swampy immigration were pleased that you had done your 90 day report?  Swampy only has an interest on your current status, and/or overstay. 

Please explain.

Perhaps he solicited and craves approval.

22 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

I do agree with you.

But people enjoy there, Sex and Drugs and Rock n roll. its all my brain and body needs. 

and that all costs money, so they win what ever we do. unless we leave.

Nah,  to much of a laugh here. :jap:

Ask My Tailor He's called Simon…..

4 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Several threads in the immigration forum indicating that online 90 day reports are now being rejected when there's no current TM30 on file. 

12 minutes ago, yimlitnoy said:

I was fined 800 Bht at Chaeng Wattana yesterday for not being registered in their computer for TM30.  My land lady has never used a computer...

I was replying to ThomasThBkk who was spreding a false rumour about Bangkok Immigration Office instructing and fining people for not RE-doing TM30 after a stay in a hotel in Thailand. There might be few exceptions still but the general rule country wide is that you make a new TM30 registration every time you enter the country and have a new TM6. Not everytime you stay in a hotel.

It is great that the reports are getting connected and online, who knows maybe we could have one less in the future.

I was replying to ThomasThBkk who was spreding a false rumour about Bangkok Immigration Office instructing and fining people for not RE-doing TM30 after a stay in a hotel in Thailand. There might be few exceptions still but the general rule country wide is that you make a new TM30 registration every time you enter the country and have a new TM6. Not everytime you stay in a hotel.

It is great that the reports are getting connected and online, who knows maybe we could have one less in the future.
You are the only one spreading rubbish here. I have a 5 year pe visa, you think i can travel around in thailand for 5 years without giving them my new address nowadays?
Sorry i can only laugh at you, the whole point of this is to have your address. They don't know what addresses are residential, hotels etc.

They only see ur last reported address and if it's not the same as your 90 day reporting address they will obviously decline it if they are in the mood.

Your whole reasoning doesn't even make sense. Why would we have to do any of this if it's not about them knowing your current address. [emoji848][emoji849][emoji19]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, SammyT said:

I don't think you understand the true definition of a police state. I've been able to live my life hassle and worry free, throughout all coups and martial law. 

So your observations and conclusions are based solely on personal opinion gee how objective lol.

5 hours ago, pattayadgw said:

Can anyone tell me if they know of any other country who do same or similar to this '90 day check'?

Quite possibly many of them do not even give you 90 days in the first place ! ... Have you ever tried to get a visa to Ukraine ? or any where else in the eastern Block ? ... Just try it ! ... and then start complaining about Thailand. ! ... and well though they ignore it, I do believe even the EU only gives you 3 Moths when they stamp you in ... IF you come from a good country like Australia any way ? ... Like the Thais, and all other Asians Including Philippine seaman on their way to their ship in Norway !!! ....  have to have a visa before they even arrive I think ? ... and it probably is not even 3 moths !   

... Like you are supposed to go to an Immigration office there in Europe, and extend you visa after 3 moths = 90 days, ... though I have heard that yes Money talks and bullshit walks in this case on the upside, ... that you can just over stay, a month of so ... and as long as you have not committed a crime, and are Leaving they just let you go. ... Still you RE supposed to "Report" and get an extension after 3 moths in the EU. ... JFYI.

22 hours ago, SammyT said:

I don't think you understand the true definition of a police state. I've been able to live my life hassle and worry free, throughout all coups and martial law. 

How many coups have you managed to survive in Thailand?

According to your earlier post you have only lived here a couple of years but the last coup was in May 2014 (5 years ago) and the one prior to that was in September 2006 (13 years ago).

If you have only been here for a few years then you would not have seen a coup and martial law would be normal for you as you would not have lived under any other rule since you have been here. :crazy:

5 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

Quite possibly many of them do not even give you 90 days in the first place ! ... Have you ever tried to get a visa to Ukraine ? or any where else in the eastern Block ? ... Just try it ! ... and then start complaining about Thailand. ! ... and well though they ignore it, I do believe even the EU only gives you 3 Moths when they stamp you in ... IF you come from a good country like Australia any way ? ... Like the Thais, and all other Asians Including Philippine seaman on their way to their ship in Norway !!! ....  have to have a visa before they even arrive I think ? ... and it probably is not even 3 moths !   

... Like you are supposed to go to an Immigration office there in Europe, and extend you visa after 3 moths = 90 days, ... though I have heard that yes Money talks and bullshit walks in this case on the upside, ... that you can just over stay, a month of so ... and as long as you have not committed a crime, and are Leaving they just let you go. ... Still you RE supposed to "Report" and get an extension after 3 moths in the EU. ... JFYI.

You are comparing apples with oranges tho.

If you have a proper long term EU or US visa no one will bother you with this. My GF has a 10 year US visa and there's no need for address reporting, the whole point of a visa is to already screen the individuals before giving them entry rights imo.

If you have a chinse business or work visa you also do not have to report your address the whole time, you just register your residential address once at the local police...

Of course it's hard for thai's to get proper longterm visas, but the ones who have the sufficient means ($) or education can easily do it, asians are very welcome to work in europe and countries like germany are in utter demand for skilled workers. And after that getting a permanent residency and passport is just paperwork.

16 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

You are comparing apples with oranges tho.

If you have a proper long term EU or US visa no one will bother you with this. My GF has a 10 year US visa and there's no need for address reporting, the whole point of a visa is to already screen the individuals before giving them entry rights imo.

If you have a chinse business or work visa you also do not have to report your address the whole time, you just register your residential address once at the local police...

Of course it's hard for thai's to get proper longterm visas, but the ones who have the sufficient means ($) or education can easily do it, asians are very welcome to work in europe and countries like germany are in utter demand for skilled workers. And after that getting a permanent residency and passport is just paperwork.

Yes, you probably are right, ... Re Western Places, the Eastern Block is still Crap, whichever way that you look at it I think. ....

Yes, I enter Europe on a Visa on arrival situation ... at the airport desk, ... and get 3 moths. Whereas, I would only get 30 Days is it ? In Thailand, and I WOULD have to extend it, or leave, when that expired, … whereas the Europeans do not enforce this, so I have heard ? … Well I heard from a guy that was doing it in France, ... over staying, …  and having no problems leaving by just turning up at the airport on the day of his flight. ! ... 

Yes, I think that we could let the Thais off ? Due to just the HUGE volume of Older Foreigners just wanting to stay here ! … So One aging Skippy, in Germany, (Myself, running down the railway platform to catch the waiting fast train at FRA) …..Is nothing to worry about, when compared with half a Million foreigners ? (Or More, ? how many are there, on Long Stay and retirement Visas ? )  Here in Thailand ! And many of them being Criminals, on the run ?  Or just poor scammers any way, (Like the Nigerians)  as the constant arrested, and then also off the odd Foreign / Foreign murder ?  By the Bikies ? Or other Criminal trash on the run, …. Does indicate !!! .... Like fare enough of the Thais, to want to get on top of these Useless Criminal bastards ! …

… Still, reporting where you stay if you are moving !!! YES, that is a REAL Hassle ! ... Still, just stay in Hotels ? Or GH’s and then they are supposed to do it ? Right ? … As part of their Business ? ... 

… Yes things ARE becoming more of a hassle and the 800,000 B in the bank is a BIG part of it ... still they did not make people under that Retirement Visa get health Insurance ! ? ... Which was Nice I thought, ( Well not yet anyway ) … But at 6o + years old, in a foreign country ! ? To have to have Health Insurance is not such a bad thing ! ? I think. ... So well the 400,000 to 800,000 B can be that I guess ? That they have thought. ? ... So well, ... still no real grounds to complain for me here, I think, from my point of view any way.

19 hours ago, Stoker58 said:

Here’s the thing that gets me. They can put all this effort into enforcing a completely pointless requirement because it means taking money off farangs, but they’re completely incapable of enforcing road safety that costs the lives of at least 60 Thai human beings every single day.

No helmets, no seatbelts, riding in the back of pickups? No, go and spend your time checking where the farang spends every night.

Last week they couldn’t find any prostitutes on Walking Street. This week they couldn’t find any illegal motocy taxis in Pattaya.

But turn up a day late for some crappy “report” and they’ll fine you 2,000 baht.

What does that tell you?

38 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

when compared with half a Million foreigners ? (Or More, ? how many are there, on Long Stay and retirement Visas ? ) 

According to the government a couple of weeks ago there are 38,000,000 here

1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

According to the government a couple of weeks ago there are 38,000,000 here

Yes but that number varies between different governmental departments, different people within those different governmental departments, what day of the week it is, what time of the day it is and what propaganda the figures are being used to show. 

On 6/13/2019 at 11:55 AM, tlandtday said:

I recall a number of apologists commenting that the new visa retirement changes disallowing the income letter had nothing to do with xenophobia or a crackdown on farang.  These people are truly delusional.  It's open season on farang lol.

What's delusional is thinking that farangs are of such huge economic, political and social significance that they simply must be banished from this blighted realm.

On 6/13/2019 at 12:04 PM, tlandtday said:

You are living in a country that has had countless military coups and has operated for years at a time under martial law and you are questioning what is a police state... roflmao

I've been living and working in Thailand for around 40 years.

I have also lived and worked in Turkmenistan, Cuba and the People's Republic of China.

Thailand isn't a police state.

Maybe if you stopped roflmao'ing do much and actually took notice of whatever enables your life here, you would already be aware of this.

Archived