Immigration busy fining Thais and foreigners - US man pays 5,000 baht fine for not doing 90 day report

webfact

On 6/13/2019 at 9:48 AM, SammyT said:

Do your 90 day check in then, like the rest of us do. It's not rocket science. It's not even particularly hard.  

I have never and will never because I prefer to cross a border and do not need to ever talk to any immigration idiot. My real address also does not appear anywhere, so I am waiting for them 5555+

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh wonderful fining of foreigners! Great!!! At least everybody is going to be happy! 
Yes, immigration get some more of our money and we get to complain amongst ourselves

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

If you are planning to stay at your FIL house for 3 or 4 days out in the sticks Isaan, where exactly does he have to report you to if there are no govt offices nearby?
Nearest police station, but seriously... Not worth the effort.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Last time I looked there is no law requiring any of us to live here. No law against complaining either. Personally IMO the complaining is worse than any laws here. 

Mimimi there's no law forcing us to live here... Yeah right we just leave our kids, work and family here and off like it's usual here...

And you can't just stop reading here, right?

Do you ever use your brain ? [emoji848]

On 6/13/2019 at 10:26 AM, Gecko123 said:

Greedy control freaks. Very very little to do with effective law enforcement, and everything to do with revenue. The only power you have here is spending power. Stop spending money until they start treating you like a human being.

Never gonna happen.

In Thailand, a foreigner is always a persona non grata.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:51 AM, crickets said:

Have to go and wait 2 hours with a hand full of paperwork just for my friend to stay a few days at your house within 24hours. Understandable to do this if you could do it in English online but the anxiety of waiting and photocopying everything in that small office in Chonburi is just ridiculous. 

Ridiculous EVERYWHERE. Just flat out ridiculous, but This Is Thailand and that is their way here...Silly.

19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I've been living and working in Thailand for around 40 years.

I have also lived and worked in Turkmenistan, Cuba and the People's Republic of China.

Thailand isn't a police state.

Not in the same sense as the countries you mentioned, but it's on that spectrum.  Many worrying developments in the past few years, but, still, it does have a ways to go before it's in the same class.

I live since 2000 permanently here in Thailand. 

So far, no problems;

Never had a contact with the police;

I do my 90 days on line;

Once a year I go to Immigration, as I do my extension based on a Letter of Income, it takes, except the waiting time, about 5 minutes to the officer to handle it. 

It can of course all change tomorrow. 

I know what I can financially, and what I am prepared to undergo to stay here. 

I listen to/read the experiences of others, but I don't give any advice, only personal involvements. 

Each of us, in particular, has is own "limits", and should act accordingly. 

Wouldn’t it be nice if they reallocated some of their police resources to catch motorists / motorcycles who run zebra crossings and red lights, impound and destroy their vehicles while broadcasting it on TV News.
Problem solved!

12 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Mimimi there's no law forcing us to live here... Yeah right we just leave our kids, work and family here and off like it's usual here...

And you can't just stop reading here, right?

Do you ever use your brain ? emoji848.png

OK... let's take your 'use your brain' argument and apply it to Wake Up's earlier postulation of lying in your own bed.

There are no Thai laws forcing us to get a job here, shack up with a local or breed either.

21 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Why? You looking for a new paradise already?

Any country who requires 90 day reporting and all the other nonsensical requirements these people dreamed up for westerners is far from being a paradise.  At one time, Thailand was a wonderful country for western retirees.  Those days are long gone.  Nothing more to see here folks, please keep the line moving towards the exit.

On 6/14/2019 at 1:36 PM, NanLaew said:

I've been living and working in Thailand for around 40 years.

I have also lived and worked in Turkmenistan, Cuba and the People's Republic of China.

Thailand isn't a police state.

Maybe if you stopped roflmao'ing do much and actually took notice of whatever enables your life here, you would already be aware of this.

I have travelled to China and easily received a 10 year tourist visa there.  I have easily travelled to Cuba.  What's your point?  Repeat... "a junta govt and martial law".

3 hours ago, fotog said:
Wouldn’t it be nice if they reallocated some of their police resources to catch motorists / motorcycles who run zebra crossings and red lights, impound and destroy their vehicles while broadcasting it on TV News.
Problem solved!

Zebra crossing has a different meaning. We know them as a place to cross the road whereas here it’s used for target practice 

On 6/14/2019 at 10:57 AM, Mark mark said:

Quite possibly many of them do not even give you 90 days in the first place ! ... Have you ever tried to get a visa to Ukraine ? or any where else in the eastern Block ? ... Just try it ! ... and then start complaining about Thailand. ! ... and well though they ignore it, I do believe even the EU only gives you 3 Moths when they stamp you in ... IF you come from a good country like Australia any way ? ... Like the Thais, and all other Asians Including Philippine seaman on their way to their ship in Norway !!! ....  have to have a visa before they even arrive I think ? ... and it probably is not even 3 moths !   

... Like you are supposed to go to an Immigration office there in Europe, and extend you visa after 3 moths = 90 days, ... though I have heard that yes Money talks and bullshit walks in this case on the upside, ... that you can just over stay, a month of so ... and as long as you have not committed a crime, and are Leaving they just let you go. ... Still you RE supposed to "Report" and get an extension after 3 moths in the EU. ... JFYI.

After attempting to read your incoherent comment, I believe you are a Thai attempting to make Thai Immigration look like they are not harassing westerners.  Well, it's time to rub those sleepy little eyes and wake up.  Westerners are on the move looking for less restrictive environments to live in.

Just to get things right, when I arrive back in Thailand on a new 12month O/A visa next week, I will stay in a hotel in Nong Khai city the first night and they always want my passport so I presume they are reporting. So the next morning do I go with the missus to immigration and get her to do a TM30 within 24 hours to notify I will be staying with her even though we aren’t home?

We live in Nong Khai province but 85kms from the immigration office and like to travel and stay overnight in Nong Khai city at least once a month, so if the hotel does a TM30 for that stay does the missus have to do another TM30 when we return home?

Just to get things right, when I arrive back in Thailand on a new 12month O/A visa next week, I will stay in a hotel in Nong Khai city the first night and they always want my passport so I presume they are reporting. So the next morning do I go with the missus to immigration and get her to do a TM30 within 24 hours to notify I will be staying with her even though we aren’t home?
We live in Nong Khai province but 85kms from the immigration office and like to travel and stay overnight in Nong Khai city at least once a month, so if the hotel does a TM30 for that stay does the missus have to do another TM30 when we return home?

You should TM30 in 24 h after arrival to your home. While doing it you should ask will you need to do it again and again every time after a hotel stay. I highly doubt it. One TM30 for your home should be enough until you exit and enter the country again.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 minutes ago, Brer said:

Just get the Missus to book/check-in the hotel, then the hotel won't file a TM30 for you

Can you say, "Police State."  Thailand is getting more restrictive for westerners every year.  Their message is clear, they would like the westerners to leave Thailand.  The Thai government will keep increasing these restrictive rules until they purge Thailand of these pesky westerners.

The immigration rules only apply to westerners?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What is the situation if you and your wife go away for the weekend? Does your wife have to go and say you are back at the family home? Alternatively what if you own a condo and go away for a day, do you have to say you are back?

What is the situation if you and your wife go away for the weekend? Does your wife have to go and say you are back at the family home? Alternatively what if you own a condo and go away for a day, do you have to say you are back?
The rules state that a TM30 should be filed on you whenever you change where you sleep

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

Hi I see a few people twitchy or not understanding the rules. (Including me).

So if like me and  in Thailand on a Retirement Visa, own my own condo ( Same one for 6 years) go back to UK typ 3 times per year for 10-20 days each time (Savarnabhumi to Heathrow..direct). Will I be fined on 90 day reports for either:-

1) Not doing a TM30 just after each re-entry...or..

2) Staying in a 4-5 star hotel at any point ( Say for 4 nights) in Thailand?

So far never been fined/questioned during my 90 day reports at JOMTIEN. Never done a TM30 as far as I can remember. I have house blue book which I supply copy's of each time I do new retirement visa + 800k + updated bank book+ bank letter btw....that's it...again no problems here either.

Answers from people please who have EXPERIENCE (either way)  with a similar situation to mine. ..thanks

More interested in experience at Jomtien more than what the rules actually state.

Its not that difficult to understand.

no fine for 90 day reports UNLESS you stay more than 90 days without leaving thailand  and dont report

Will be fined for not doing a notification of residency, ( TM 30) everytime you come back to your condo from being away from it. Will depend on which immigration, ( so ask) 
if staying in a hotel counts or if ONLY leaving the country counts

for Phuket

Anytime ur away from ur home and come back you need report in.
But for us its easy, takes less than 5 minutes using the drive thru

Archived