Immigration busy fining Thais and foreigners - US man pays 5,000 baht fine for not doing 90 day report

webfact

4 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

Its not that difficult to understand.

no fine for 90 day reports UNLESS you stay more than 90 days without leaving thailand  and dont report

Will be fined for not doing a notification of residency, ( TM 30) everytime you come back to your condo from being away from it. Will depend on which immigration, ( so ask) 
if staying in a hotel counts or if ONLY leaving the country counts

for Phuket

Anytime ur away from ur home and come back you need report in.
But for us its easy, takes less than 5 minutes using the drive thru

For some it represents a 2 hour round trip- just to say you went on holiday for a few nights.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

Anytime ur away from ur home and come back

I get that every office...indeed every officer has different rules on TM30 (and everything else) but just suppose you have different homes in different provinces. You could be spending half your life TM30ing.

It just beggars the question what on earth are they so scared of!

I get that every office...indeed every officer has different rules on TM30 (and everything else) but just suppose you have different homes in different provinces. You could be spending half your life TM30ing.
I live in 2 different provinces and I have been asked to file a TM30 twice a week. Just register to do it on-line, then it should be simple.
They need to know where you always are because foreigners do nasty things, like blow up the Erawan shrine.
So all foreigner are treated the same.
If you are a criminal, you will ignore all of this anyway.
TIT

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

2 hours ago, Rolanddrums said:

Hi I see a few people twitchy or not understanding the rules. (Including me).

So if like me and  in Thailand on a Retirement Visa, own my own condo ( Same one for 6 years) go back to UK typ 3 times per year for 10-20 days each time (Savarnabhumi to Heathrow..direct). Will I be fined on 90 day reports for either:-

1) Not doing a TM30 just after each re-entry...or..

2) Staying in a 4-5 star hotel at any point ( Say for 4 nights) in Thailand?

So far never been fined/questioned during my 90 day reports at JOMTIEN. Never done a TM30 as far as I can remember. I have house blue book which I supply copy's of each time I do new retirement visa + 800k + updated bank book+ bank letter btw....that's it...again no problems here either.

Answers from people please who have EXPERIENCE (either way)  with a similar situation to mine. ..thanks

More interested in experience at Jomtien more than what the rules actually state.

Wow.

No copies for passport.

No copies of TM6 

No Photos

Why copy of bluebook, it's meaningless.

I have no experience at all as well. :jap:  :sorry:

Hi OK i forgot to mention passport + photos as is pretty obvious tbh. The TM6 stapled inside but yes that provided to . Yes they did require blue book and copys of it. So was not meaningless as without it = no new retirement visa.  I suppose I could ask at my immigration about all this & TM30 etc but I don't want to open a (maybe) unnecessary can of worms for them. I prefer to ask here first . As mentioned the immigration concerned is JOMTIEN...Anyone with similar scenario to me using JOMTIEN ? ...thanks. As stated never been asked yet, but I did go to Hua Hin 5 star hotel 1.5 months ago for a few nights. Latest retirement visa was after this ( A week ago) but I've not done a 90 report since as is not due for another month as went out/in Thailand briefly just 2 months ago. (Therefore 90 day is reset from re-entry date)

28 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

Hi OK i forgot to mention passport + photos as is pretty obvious tbh. The TM6 stapled inside but yes that provided to . Yes they did require blue book and copys of it. So was not meaningless as without it = no new retirement visa.  I suppose I could ask at my immigration about all this & TM30 etc but I don't want to open a (maybe) unnecessary can of worms for them. I prefer to ask here first . As mentioned the immigration concerned is JOMTIEN...Anyone with similar scenario to me using JOMTIEN ? ...thanks. As stated never been asked yet, but I did go to Hua Hin 5 star hotel 1.5 months ago for a few nights. Latest retirement visa was after this ( A week ago) but I've not done a 90 report since as is not due for another month as went out/in Thailand briefly just 2 months ago. (Therefore 90 day is reset from re-entry date)

Blue book, means nothing, your name is not in it. :jap:

3 hours ago, Rolanddrums said:

Hi I see a few people twitchy or not understanding the rules. (Including me).

So if like me and  in Thailand on a Retirement Visa, own my own condo ( Same one for 6 years) go back to UK typ 3 times per year for 10-20 days each time (Savarnabhumi to Heathrow..direct). Will I be fined on 90 day reports for either:-

1) Not doing a TM30 just after each re-entry...or..

2) Staying in a 4-5 star hotel at any point ( Say for 4 nights) in Thailand?

So far never been fined/questioned during my 90 day reports at JOMTIEN. Never done a TM30 as far as I can remember. I have house blue book which I supply copy's of each time I do new retirement visa + 800k + updated bank book+ bank letter btw....that's it...again no problems here either.

Answers from people please who have EXPERIENCE (either way)  with a similar situation to mine. ..thanks

More interested in experience at Jomtien more than what the rules actually state.

I was told very friendly at my 3rd. showing in Jomtien office for TM30 in 2 months after short trips to BKK. You only need to come and report again, when you change your address, as you are on retirement extension. That was more than a year ago and never any issues. Regards. MS>

Ok thanks. So being on retirement Visa and not changing where I live=  no need for TM30? 

Your correct in saying my names not in blue book BUT the blue book/copys of been required EVERY year so far for retirement visa renewal so is important

My book colour is DARK BLUE. I bought as farrang on my own. (Not Thai or Company).

19 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

Ok thanks. So being on retirement Visa and not changing where I live=  no need for TM30? 

Your correct in saying my names not in blue book BUT the blue book/copys of been required EVERY year so far for retirement visa renewal so is important

My book colour is DARK BLUE. I bought as farrang on my own. (Not Thai or Company).

I would be careful, about TM30, they are making the rules up as they go along, 

and changing them,  on a, who you see and what they feel like on the day basis.

As one poster said way back, its almost worth ignoring it and paying the fine.

as it can be a real pain for some people.

And i think you still don't get the blue book thing.

( it's not required for retirement extension unless you take it in with your Chnoote.)

then it has meaning. 

But again, depends on the, guy your sitting in front of and how he feels that day. :jap:

4 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Thats interesting, what did they change. ? 

https://www.dejudomlaw.com/asean-today-march-2019/ 

The Immigration Bureau at Chaengwattana announced new regulations regarding the Notification of Residence of Foreigners (TM30) that went into immediate effect on March 28, 2019. The Immigration Bureau uses the TM 30 as a mechanism to track and update the addresses of foreigners in Thailand. At this time, for persons who do not have an official receipt for the Notification of Residence of Foreigners (TM30), the Immigration Bureau at Chaengwattana will not provide the following services:
• All types of visa extension applications, both first-year and renewal applications
• 90-day reporting
• Multiple Re-entry Permits

For the Notification of Residence of Foreigners (TM30), the owner of the house, the lessor, or the owner of the hotel or residence is responsible for notifying the Immigration Office in the concerned area within 24 hours from the time of the foreigner’s arrival. For failure to do so, the owner of the house, the lessor, or the owner of the hotel or residence shall be imposed a fine not exceeding Baht 10,000. Please see Section 38 below

Although the reporting process is the responsibility of the owner or lessor of the residence and foreigners are not liable, they must ensure that the Notification of Residence of Foreigners (TM30) has been completed. Otherwise, their applications will be declined or it may cause delays for their applications.

Starting March 28, 2019, all foreigners who plan to file the above applications at the Immigration Bureau at Chaengwattana must ensure that the owner or lessor of their residence has completed the notification process and properly filed the form TM 30 with the Immigration Bureau. Without the official TM30 receipt, any of the above applications filed by a foreigner will be rejected or delayed.

As of now, this Announcement is applicable and required by the Immigration Bureau at Chaengwattana Bangkok and the Provincial Immigration Offices in Samuthprakarn, Chonburi, and Nonthaburi Provinces. However, we see the possibility that these rules might be adopted by other Immigration Offices countrywide and at the One Stop Service Center.

This is what he means, was publish on 28. March

Although the reporting process is the responsibility of the owner or lessor of the residence and foreigners are not liable

This however gets properly ignored 

Ok well they wanted copies of my blue book...even got me to sign them. I got retirement visa no problems ( June 2019). I appreciate many things depend on the guy on the day. Always try be presentable in every way. Also I've never had any issues regarding reporting within 24 hrs of coming back into country. (If that's supposed to be some TM30 requirement). Always got 90 day reset from that re-entry date on any 90 day report.

On 6/15/2019 at 2:32 PM, CMNightRider said:

After attempting to read your incoherent comment, I believe you are a Thai attempting to make Thai Immigration look like they are not harassing westerners.  Well, it's time to rub those sleepy little eyes and wake up.  Westerners are on the move looking for less restrictive environments to live in.

Good luck on your Journey.

17 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

https://www.dejudomlaw.com/asean-today-march-2019/ 

This is what he means, was publish on 28. March

This however gets properly ignored 

Although the reporting process is the responsibility of the owner or lessor of the residence and foreigners are not liable

Be interesting to see how many people just get to walk out of Bkk Immigration , just saying it's the landlords fault, he did it. i not pay you.  !!!!!!!!!! :cheesy:

What a can of worms. it all is.

15 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

Ok well they wanted copies of my blue book...even got me to sign them. I got retirement visa no problems ( June 2019). I appreciate many things depend on the guy on the day. Always try be presentable in every way. Also I've never had any issues regarding reporting within 24 hrs of coming back into country. (If that's supposed to be some TM30 requirement). Always got 90 day reset from that re-entry date on any 90 day report.

Just curious.

Was that at Jomtien ?

was it a visa agent you used ? 

On 6/14/2019 at 11:05 AM, ThomasThBKK said:

You are comparing apples with oranges tho.

If you have a proper long term EU or US visa no one will bother you with this. My GF has a 10 year US visa and there's no need for address reporting, the whole point of a visa is to already screen the individuals before giving them entry rights imo.

If you have a chinse business or work visa you also do not have to report your address the whole time, you just register your residential address once at the local police...

Of course it's hard for thai's to get proper longterm visas, but the ones who have the sufficient means ($) or education can easily do it, asians are very welcome to work in europe and countries like germany are in utter demand for skilled workers. And after that getting a permanent residency and passport is just paperwork.

My GF also 10 year visa to USA. Once you're in, you're in. Report your address, are you Fn kidding me? Report myself every 90 days ????, house owners and hotels having to report foreigners ????. Jesus they have no clue how backwards and dumb this makes them look look.

14 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

The official video produced by immigration is clear about this - anyone unregistered is sat at home assembling bombs. 

The xenophobic racism and distrust of foreigners - that we are somehow 'different', hence second-class - gets fed to Thais from an early age. It's the same narrative underlying this current crackdown from Immigration - that we cannot be trusted and must be watched at all times.

Either that, or the crackdown is another money-making wheeze, or maybe the junta is simply following many repressive regimes around the world - blame the foreigner. We're an easy target, the junta look as though they are protecting the people, and it deflects public opinion away from domestic issues.

8 minutes ago, RickBlaine said:

or maybe the junta is simply following many repressive regimes around the world - blame the foreigner.

Your right & it is basically BS National Security & Blame a enemy/scapegoat

Look at the common warning signs & decide how many resemble Thailand? ( May be easier to name those that do not...if any at all)

fascism.jpg

20 minutes ago, mania said:

Look at the common warning signs & decide how many resemble Thailand? ( May be easier to name those that do not...if any at all)...

The only thing I would add is don't forget the human right's abuses of communist states.

Left or right - extremism is always bad news for ordinary people.

Not saying that's where we are in Thailand, just adding to your point about Fascism.

15 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

The Immigration Bureau at Chaengwattana announced new regulations regarding the Notification of Residence of Foreigners (TM30) that went into immediate effect on March 28, 2019. The Immigration Bureau uses the TM 30 as a mechanism to track and update the addresses of foreigners in Thailand. At this time, for persons who do not have an official receipt for the Notification of Residence of Foreigners (TM30), the Immigration Bureau at Chaengwattana will not provide the following services:
• All types of visa extension applications, both first-year and renewal applications
• 90-day reporting
• Multiple Re-entry Permits

So, if someone has successfully completed the 90 day report at Chaeng Wattana during the past month, at least by reporting in person, that means they are good to go for the extension and re-entry permit?

So, if someone has successfully completed the 90 day report at Chaeng Wattana during the past month, at least by reporting in person, that means they are good to go for the extension and re-entry permit?
Would guess so if you didn't travel arround and mess up the tm30 address.

Reentry permit you can also get at the airport btw. And they don't care there at all about this rubbish.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

On 6/13/2019 at 12:41 PM, SammyT said:

A quick google search would tell you exactly what the rules and regulations are in regards to Thai immigration laws and procedures. No one can reasonably say they didn't know without coming across as highly ignorant. 

Hence the need for a massive site called Thaivisa, and daily posts from people seeking clarification etc?

On 6/17/2019 at 9:29 AM, mania said:

Look at the common warning signs & decide how many resemble Thailand? ( May be easier to name those that do not...if any at all)

fascism.jpg

On 6/17/2019 at 12:47 PM, oznomad said:

Hence the need for a massive site called Thaivisa, and daily posts from people seeking clarification etc?

I have been made highly ignorant by the almost daily, and usually hard to understand changes. And made even more ignorant by the clarifications and then once again by the lack of knowledge of the Immigration officers who might have done a better job if their bosses were not ordering their own versions of the changes be followed.

Malaysia may be boring, but you know where you are and can make plans.

On 6/13/2019 at 6:02 AM, amexpat said:

Wrong and wrong again. Thai imm demanded (as stated in the previous post) that the various govs could not reasonably provide.  

Imm did not come up with a new avenue to accommodate. The combination method was widely used instead by people who lacked the means or the desire to lend 800K to a Thai bank. 

Why did only 4 embassies find it impossible to comply? I transfer in excess of 65k baht every month into my Thai bank account, same as I always have done. Not difficult.

Archived