Immigration busy fining Thais and foreigners - US man pays 5,000 baht fine for not doing 90 day report

webfact

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Do you have a wife/gf/bf? If so, use them.

Yes I do have a wife but she works.

Bedsides, as stated in another post (post # 78) I said "they have insisted that I have to go to the office myself", so the even if she wasn't working, asking the wife to go would not be an option.

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

Yes I do have a wife but she works.

Bedsides, as stated in another post (post # 78) I said "they have insisted that I have to go to the office myself", so the even if she wasn't working, asking the wife to go would not be an option.

Anyone can do the 90 day report for you.

3 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

no, only when you go back home. the hotel reports your stay comrad

I asked at my IO if I need to fill in a TM30 if I stay in BkK for a week, I got the answer, "no don't bother if it's only a week". When my daughter came to Thailand for a holiday I met up with her in BKK and stayed 4 days in a hotel, the hotel took down all my details and said things are getting strict now. I didn't do a TM30 and about 2 months later I did my 90 day report half expecting a fine or at least some questioning, nothing, so I think it has more to do with the IO you are registered at.

5 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Anyone can do the 90 day report for you.

No they can't.

When my local Immigration turn away our company driver and state that I have to do the report myself, I really don't have any other choice, do I?

As has become evident on this thread and many before it, each Immigration office deems and therefore twists the rules to the way that they believe/think that they should be.

You cannot argue against that.

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

You didn't have any problems with the P/lok office, did you? 

Not really. I've learned to keep my mouth shut and just do what they ask. When I quit working in Thailand, I initially got the retirement visa but only a few months ago changed to a marriage visa mainly because I got tired of having B800,000 in a Thai bank doing nothing. Now it is only B400,000 sitting in a Thai bank. When I changed the immigration officials visited for the first time ever.

immigration.JPG

Just now, Bert got kinky said:

No they can't.

When my local Immigration turn away our company driver and state that I have to do the report myself, I really don't have any other choice, do I?

As has become evident on this thread and many before it, each Immigration office deems and therefore twists the rules to the way that they believe think that they should be.

You cannot argue against that.

They are just showing there love and respect to you.

As you could be Just one more Evil Bar Steward Falang , who needs to be watched all the time. in case you brake the Law, and disgrace the good name of Thailand, as we do so often.  :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, SammyT said:

Do your 90 day check in then, like the rest of us do. It's not rocket science. It's not even particularly hard.  

I recently did mine in Jomtien and was in and out in 2 minutes, 45 seconds. Amazing.

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

There are still tons of foreigners who still want to stay long term in Thailand after all these harassment akin to a police state.

It's starting to sound more like North Korea.  Now if only they could organise the traffic and drivers!!

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

Immigration could substantially reduce their workload by abolishing the 90 day physical appearance (mine doesn't do online) and granting PR to retired/married/employed residents after three trouble-free years in the Kingdom.

A further incentive would be to include a  'no drink-driving' clause to deter the many that indulge in the practice when they wouldn't dare do it at home.

All good ideas until you think where they’d be able to make up the lost revenue. It’s not entirely xenophobia, it’s primarily greed that causes the ever changing “rules”

8 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

All good ideas until you think where they’d be able to make up the lost revenue. It’s not entirely xenophobia, it’s primarily greed that causes the ever changing “rules”

90 day reports generate nothing except unnecessary man hours. Redundancies might help although I doubt if that was the answer you were looking for.

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

There are still tons of foreigners who still want to stay long term in Thailand after all these harassment akin to a police state.

With that in mind I just wanted to point out something that a lot of people are missing .

"Thailand is under the rule of the National Council for Peace and Order since the military coup on 22 May 2014."   Essentially it has been a quasi police state since then. One of the mildest I have ever seen but true none the less.  The changes that may occur after the restoration of non-military government control are yet to be seen but generally things are usually a hell of a lot worse during

times like these.  True, people are ratting on their neighbors but at least there are no firing squads or people being pushed out of airplanes over a remote desert . As in the Military Junta's of my days.

I believe these type news bytes are an attempt to flush out the more serious 19 year type overstays who got comfortable and thought they were forgotten.........

Thai Television should run a series called  " The Overstayers"  a Quinn/Martin production (blatant rip off of "The Fugitive" ).  

1 hour ago, paulbrow said:

I've got another question about this topic. I live with my legal Thai wife in her home. I do my 90 day reports religously. Is she supposed to do this TM-30 report or is that only if she's renting to a non-related foriegner? We been here for thw last 19 years and have never heard anything about the TM30 until yesterday while reading this thread.

The boss of Phuket imm has said that you dont need to file a tm30 more than once if you are on a non-imm visa.

2 hours ago, SammyT said:

I don't think you understand the true definition of a police state. I've been able to live my life hassle and worry free, throughout all coups and martial law. 

SammyT, why don't you leave this forum if it does not concern you?

Rubbish. "Maybe he got sick" - for 22 days? You can go 15 days before or 7 days after and still complete the check-in. But you already knew that and that was the best excuse you could come up with for why someone might miss their 90 day check in?

Also, great strawman argument you show there with your suggestion I must enjoy living in a Police state because I pointed out that the 90 day check in isn't that much of an issue if you do it right. Nope, I don't see it as a police state, but then again, I don't see a 30 minute appointment, once every three months as overly restrictive either. Why? Because it's not. 

Can i use I.O office ? I went for my 90 day last week, went day 1, gave up after more than 2 hours

Day 2 again gave up after nearly 3 hours

finally called the 3rd day, managed to get seen to after only 1.5 hours

Not sure what is happening in our offices, but used to be quick and easy, now they queue out of the door

24 minutes ago, missoura said:

Not really. I've learned to keep my mouth shut and just do what they ask. When I quit working in Thailand, I initially got the retirement visa but only a few months ago changed to a marriage visa mainly because I got tired of having B800,000 in a Thai bank doing nothing. Now it is only B400,000 sitting in a Thai bank. When I changed the immigration officials visited for the first time ever.

immigration.JPG

same same

4 hours ago, brokenbone said:

why not electronic ankle bracelet monitor to go with any kind of visa ?

And Foreigners already get a special sim card. I remember dtac some years ago telling me it was mandatory for foreigners to exchange sim card for new sim. When I asked if it was for tracking foreigner I'm sure said yes.

9 minutes ago, yimlitnoy said:

SammyT, why don't you leave this forum if it does not concern you?

I've been through 1 war, 1 revolution and a few coups with no trouble.  Should I leave too?  I find many things on this forum that I am interested in.  

2 minutes ago, RBOP said:

And Foreigners already get a special sim card. I remember dtac some years ago telling me it was mandatory for foreigners to exchange sim card for new sim. When I asked if it was for tracking foreigner I'm sure said yes.

It is not really difficult to get a new sim not in your name.  

21 minutes ago, Benmart said:

I recently did mine in Jomtien and was in and out in 2 minutes, 45 seconds. Amazing.

same for me in Phitsanulok, in and out in a couple of minutes, and that was even before the office officially opened at 0830. 

8 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Can i use I.O office ? I went for my 90 day last week, went day 1, gave up after more than 2 hours

Day 2 again gave up after nearly 3 hours

finally called the 3rd day, managed to get seen to after only 1.5 hours

Not sure what is happening in our offices, but used to be quick and easy, now they queue out of the door

i suspect it's the usual problem in Thailand.

Money not flowing the right way or incorrect amount.

Surely move to London then, if you love it that much? Or would you rather stay here and complain about everything, just because the cost of living and the cost of romance is cheaper? Take the good with the bad, my friend. 

I don't think you have the power or authority to tell the poster what to do

He was merely pointing out the difference in police attitudes between the countries and I believe the poster is quite right. It is refreshing to go to a person in uniform who just politely does their job as opposed to thinking their uniform entitles them to privileges over the average citizen

Real romance does not carry a cost by the way with regards to your other comments.

2 hours ago, SammyT said:

LOL - accuse me of being Thai or an immigration officer because my perspective is different to yours. Nice one. 

Can confirm I'm western, not Thai - have lived here a few years. I'm not necessarily justifying or saying I agree with the rules, but they are rules I knew full well about when I decided to move here for an extended period of time. A quick google search would tell you exactly what the rules and regulations are in regards to Thai immigration laws and procedures. No one can reasonably say they didn't know without coming across as highly ignorant. 

If you "mistakenly" wandered into this country, surely you just wander right back out? Y'all act like you accidentally turned up here expecting you were flying to Spain and you don't have a choice as to whether you live here or not. I can tell you that you do. Every day on here I see the same old people saying "Thailand doesn't want us here, I'm gonna leave/Cambodia looks good right about now" yet months and years later they're still here. Go figure

I make the choice to live here, so I deal with the rules imposed by the Thai government. I'm certainly not an immigration apologist - I guess knowing the rules, choosing to live here and abide by them without whinging too much puts me in a minority for some strange reason.

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree trying to convince people on here that life is a lot easier here when you just abide by the rules that have quite clearly been in place since most of us moved here (check in every 90 days). Moving on. 

You say you know the rules and regulations

please be kind enough to call to Nakhon Phanom offices and explain the rules to them

When i was queering the change of rules for this year, they admitted they did not understand them, so could not explain them to me, but would still refuse me a visa if i get it wrong

Would be nice , as you know the rules, if you could tell me what copies  I need, and what other paperwork i need, each time i go for my retirement visa, my 90 day report, and my notification of entry after a holiday ?

Seems to change every time i go, so seem to spend a long time and waste a lot of copy's trying to guess what they actuall want 

4 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Because it's the equivalent of going to naples italy, sitting on the beach and a bunch of mafiosi in black suites turn up behind you, it's not you, it's them.

Same kind of people -.- I was really happy when i was in london earlier this year and i could just ask a cop for the way to the next pub and guess what, he said have a good holiday and didnt rob me, it's amazing.

if  u r so happy in London plz stay there, nobody puts a gun on yr head to come to Thailand.

Dumb unfair remark about Thai police. My experiences with Thai police is they are profesional friendly and corteous. 

4 hours ago, zydeco said:

Looks like the TM 30 is another source of revenue they've discovered. Every year, with every extension, you'll need to fill out and pay the fine on the TM 30 for any time you've been away during the year. Would be okay, if they would just make it a little easier.

Yes, I got fined for this yesterday. When I complained to my landlord, I found out they have not even registered the building/apartment at all!!! Since it was their responsibility to register me they actually returned the fine I paid to me. At immigration they told me I can register myself on line and do my own reports, which since I travel a lot, I do not trust my landlord to do. Trying to do that now. So there is an online option for doing the notification of residence. 

3 hours ago, mania said:

Look at those two farmers in the OP picture

You think those guys ever knew they were to report because some never enforced till now

side booked law from 1979??

At the end of the day those two Imm vultures collecting from them are just grabbing beer money

Well I guess they will eat their own too not just falangs ????

You actually make a good point here. As members of TV, and the information we are privy to through that membership, we sometimes forget that it can be difficult for people not reading this site, or any other platform, to know the requirements.

Especially laws and regulations, which have always been there, but only enforced some of the time and not promulgated properly to those that need to know. Until it is time to pay the fine.

Even in this day and age, not everybody is computer savvy....................

5 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

if  u r so happy in London plz stay there, nobody puts a gun on yr head to come to Thailand.

Dumb unfair remark about Thai police. My experiences with Thai police is they are profesional friendly and corteous. 

I see no problem criticizing stupid laws and regulations. If you are happy to follow these stupid laws and don't care about how many restrictions there are over your life, good for you. That's your problem, And for the rest of us, we'll go where ever we feel like it thank you very much. We are not bothering you.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

If the land lady has access to the online system then get her to do a TM30 each time you go overseas. Or sign up yourself for the online system. 

Our land lady does not know how to use a computer.  Our buildings have 288 apartments with only foreigners and all rent receipts are done manually on a typewriter. 

In any case how this land lady will find the time to fill up all the forms online even if she knew how to use a computer?  It is a lost cause for us tenants...

Archived