Making a Will

Badrabbit

15 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Thanks, maybe someone will recommend a lawyer for making a Will.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Whilst not wishing to recommend a particular lawyer, what I strongly recommend is that you get one with good English skills and thoroughly proof read the translated English version of the will.

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

Wife and I both made wills some years ago, through a lawyer.   Can't comment on the legality of a DIY type will, but my gut feel doesn't recommend it.

We did the same. But DIY and notarised by the Local Mayor's office. I have every confidence this is good enough here in Thailand.

We did the same. But DIY and notarised by the Local Mayor's office. I have every confidence this is good enough here in Thailand.

Could you explain how you did DIY I have no clue how to do. Did you have it translated into Thai and where is the Mayors office?

13 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Could you explain how you did DIY I have no clue how to do. Did you have it translated into Thai and where is the Mayors office?

Do you expect me to believe you don't know where your local government office is located.... ????

We typed it on a Word program in Thai and then used Google translate for me to read in English. No big deal for me. I left her everything. Just a legal document to smooth it all all out. She die first I get everything but we all know property issues. 

Do you expect me to believe you don't know where your local government office is located.... [emoji849]

We typed it on a Word program in Thai and then used Google translate for me to read in English. No big deal for me. I left her everything. Just a legal document to smooth it all all out. She die first I get everything but we all know property issues. 

Nope that's why I asked you!!

That's good for her and makes life easier for you.

But the ampher officer will only set up a registered will for you if you could speak thai or you bring a certified translator or lawyer.

Why is it so difficult here!! I found a little law office just down the road from my house I'll go in there and ask if they can do.

Archived