"Fast and Furious" filming in Thailand will showcase "culture"...not street racing!

webfact

"Fast and Furious" filming in Thailand will showcase "culture"...not street racing!

5pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Filming for the latest edition of the Fast and Furious franchise will take place in the south of Thailand next month. 

"The Fast and the Furious 9" is hoped to be a great advertisement for the nature, culture and history of the kingdom, according to the Krabi governor.

This comes despite the fact that many films in the series feature illegal street racing and other crime.

Filming will be from 1st to 27th July in Phuket, Phangnga, Krabi and Surat Thani. 

It will bring in 340 million baht that will benefit Thailand and the local film industry, reported Naew Na. 

204095.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Yesterday Piya Pestonji, the film's production manager, paid a courtesy call on the Krabi governor M.L. Kittibadee Prawit and TAT representatives at Krabi city hall. 

The governor welcomed the franchise as an opportunity for Thailand's culture, history and nature to be showcased to the world through the film.

Thaivisa notes that no one mentioned illegal street racing that has been a huge problem in Thailand for decades. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-13

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, webfact said:

The governor welcomed the franchise as an opportunity for Thailand's culture, history and nature to be showcased to the world through the film.

Thaivisa notes that no one mentioned illegal street racing that has been a huge problem in Thailand for decades. 

Maybe they could have Van Diesel, driving in a hi so's illegally imported Porsche, leading a car chase through a pack of racing teenagers on their fart box scooters. ????

They will do what they always do- ignore real Thai culture for the tourist version they like to promote, fantasy over reality. They will certainly not be taking an honest look at Thai history, unless they want to be banned or slung in prison.

"Maybe they could have Van Diesel, driving in a hi so's illegally imported Porsche, leading a car chase through a pack of racing teenagers on their fart box scooters."

...then hitting a policeman on a motorbike, killing him and dragging his body 200 meters under the front of the car. Vinny tries to pin the accident on his valet, but the police charge him anyway. He flees justice and is seen, years later, at parties in Japan and England, where he meets some hot chick and lights his Gauloises with 500 euro notes. 

From the official trailers releases Thailand does not feature much in the action scenes...

/Edit: Must have got the sequence numbers wrong... there seems to be another F&F 9 under production. See here.

2 minutes ago, stillhereandlovinit said:

Wrong movie, this is Hobbs and Shaw. Not Fast 9

Yeah... got that, that's why I edited my post. 

However YouTube returns tons of Hobbs and Shaw results when searching for F&F 9.

So many strange issues with their plan. 

1. Depending on how far south they go, the culture is decidedly Malay, not Thai.

2. If they want to showcase Thai culture, maybe they can try a couple ideas:

2a. Vin Diesel is revving up a souped up Toyota pick up getting ready to start the race, when 

2b. a Thai driver comes flying out of a soi and crashes into him, 

2c. then a bunch of random Thais gather around gawking and as one bad bystander starts to blame Vin, the whole mass of Thais within earshot join in and start blaming Vin

2d. Vin tries to flee but is beaten by every Thai who can get to him to kick and punch him

2e. Vin ends up in hospital but where they refuse to treat him because he doesn't have a Thai health insurance plan 

2f. Vin dies in hospital from his injuries 

2g. The next day, there are numerous, suspicious stories of Thai taxis returning millions of Baht, Euros and Dollars to Farangs all over Thailand. 

3 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

From the official trailers releases Thailand does not feature much in the action scenes...

/Edit: Must have got the sequence numbers wrong... there seems to be another F&F 9 under production. See here.

Looks  like "yet another" total load of crap.

1 hour ago, Farrows3399 said:

Well a million farangs-cant be wrong. 1) Pattaya. 2)Thai girlfriend, beach. 3)do not want to learn to speak, seeing is enough. 4)+5) speak for yourself. 6) outside of Thai girlfriend, don't want any. 

Your mother must be so proud of you! 

So some manufactured 'dangerous'?? driving scenes and some people want to see and meet the stars who were sitting drinking coffee while the stuntmen who no-one ever sees put their lives on the line.

Then later on the big star is found out to be a junkie/alcoholic but never mind, after a year or so he/she will appear and say 'I've been clean now for 10 months' and all the idiot sheeple will scream and clap their hands and next time pay even more to see the stars next movie.

????????????????

Edit.

Forgot to add   just because it's in colour doesn't make it a true story.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

"The Fast and the Furious 9" is hoped to be a great advertisement for the nature, culture and history of the kingdom, according to the Krabi governor.

Yep, you can bet that is the intent of the movie producer since the demographic that watches these movies are exactly the people that would be interest in the culture and would immediately buy tickets to come visit and leave their money in the Kingdom.

6 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Ok Somchai.

You win. :coffee1:

Ok, please just be polite. I think nobody like foreigner go to your country if they complain about the people everyday like that. We try to be welcome to foreigner, be polite. Thailand is a little bit crazy country, we know that, not perfect everything, but we like polite.

Be careful of the wonder wall, it's fantasy,  they are only actors, you know. :jap:

Yes I know. Just want to maybe meet them. I not going to by them house, farm, car, give money to their family. I like it, fun movie. 

Ps, i do salute you for coming on a Falang forum, you got some Kahuna's.  :thumbsup:

My English teacher suggest it for the reading and writing. One hour everyday. I surprise that many farang hate us so much, but still want to live here.

Good luck na.

ps I know that my English not yet perfect

Archived