"Fast and Furious" filming in Thailand will showcase "culture"...not street racing!

webfact

5 hours ago, morrobay said:

Hello Yinn, can you please tell me if the above statement is widely held among a majority of the Thai population? Are Thais aware/upset by condescending comments by foreigners on English discussion forums? Or if anyone else can answer this question.     

No. Most Thai don’t think about farang because they don’t see or talk to farang. 

Same your country, people talk about the Thai people much? I don’t think so. Maybe thai food, thai massage and May thai is popular a little.

One thing, we smart to know some/most farang is good people. Some is bad. Everywhere the same, have good, have bad.

i work before in Patong hotel high season and songkran. Part time.

80% farang is very nice people, polite. 10% ok. 10% terrible and rude one. Angry small thing too much. Over.

maybe thai visa less than 80% I think. Many people hate us here.

If you nice person, we like you. Want you to have a good time in our country.

เชิญค่ะ

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Yeah... got that, that's why I edited my post. 

However YouTube returns tons of Hobbs and Shaw results when searching for F&F 9.

Why you think there would be trailers from a movie that is far from completed yet?

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

No. Most Thai don’t think about farang because they don’t see or talk to farang. 

Same your country, people talk about the Thai people much? I don’t think so. Maybe thai food, thai massage and May thai is popular a little.

One thing, we smart to know some/most farang is good people. Some is bad. Everywhere the same, have good, have bad.

80% farang is very nice people, polite. 10% ok. 10% terrible and rude one. Angry small thing too much. Over.

เชิญค่ะ

Most nice people don't refer to us as Farang. They use the word expat.

Farang is not even Thai in origin, it's Persian and means person of white skin, also strange that the expression farang dam means coloured or black.

Just sayin'

7 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

From the official trailers releases Thailand does not feature much in the action scenes...

/Edit: Must have got the sequence numbers wrong... there seems to be another F&F 9 under production. See here.

Hob's and Shaw is a spinoff of the Fast and Furious franchise, it's not Fast+Furious #9 which won't be out till 2020.

5 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

So many strange issues with their plan. 

1. Depending on how far south they go, the culture is decidedly Malay, not Thai.

2. If they want to showcase Thai culture, maybe they can try a couple ideas:

2a. Vin Diesel is revving up a souped up Toyota pick up getting ready to start the race, when 

2b. a Thai driver comes flying out of a soi and crashes into him, 

2c. then a bunch of random Thais gather around gawking and as one bad bystander starts to blame Vin, the whole mass of Thais within earshot join in and start blaming Vin

2d. Vin tries to flee but is beaten by every Thai who can get to him to kick and punch him

2e. Vin ends up in hospital but where they refuse to treat him because he doesn't have a Thai health insurance plan 

2f. Vin dies in hospital from his injuries 

2g. The next day, there are numerous, suspicious stories of Thai taxis returning millions of Baht, Euros and Dollars to Farangs all over Thailand. 

2c/1 The crowd gather round, saying being a Farang, it was your fault, you pay up 20000 now ( if it was a Thai 5000 baht).

Fast and Furious to be filmed in Thailand

By Sitthichai Sikhawat 
The Nation

7eb52832d4b41ae9e1a856dfb2e954c1.jpeg

Thailand's world-renowned scenery will be featured in the latest edition of action-packed Fast And Furious franchise, as the filming of FF9 will take place in Phuket, Phang Nga, Krabi and Surat Thani from July 1 to 27.

Piya Pestonji, the film's production manager, met with Krabi governor Pol Lt-Colonel ML Kitibodhi Prawit and Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) representatives on Wednesday to discuss filming and setting up a temporary office in Krabi.

The exact locations for filming were not revealed.

Kitibodhi welcomed the filming as it will involve a Bt340 million investment in Thailand, result in many jobs and will be an opportunity for Thais to create connections and boost film-making. 

He said the famous franchise's latest edition would showcase Thai culture, history and nature to the world and urged communities to be good hosts as the movie would also boost Thai tourism.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30371065

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-13

8 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

So many strange issues with their plan. 

1. Depending on how far south they go, the culture is decidedly Malay, not Thai.

2. If they want to showcase Thai culture, maybe they can try a couple ideas:

2a. Vin Diesel is revving up a souped up Toyota pick up getting ready to start the race, when 

2b. a Thai driver comes flying out of a soi and crashes into him, 

2c. then a bunch of random Thais gather around gawking and as one bad bystander starts to blame Vin, the whole mass of Thais within earshot join in and start blaming Vin

2d. Vin tries to flee but is beaten by every Thai who can get to him to kick and punch him

2e. Vin ends up in hospital but where they refuse to treat him because he doesn't have a Thai health insurance plan 

2f. Vin dies in hospital from his injuries 

2g. The next day, there are numerous, suspicious stories of Thai taxis returning millions of Baht, Euros and Dollars to Farangs all over Thailand. 

I seem to remember you popping up on an old thread about the Thai film industry making ridiculously snide remarks, and I chipped in with my industry knowledge of how top rate the production standards are here and you sneered.  Now another Hollywood production comes here and you just denigrate Thais in general instead because you can't bear to believe that Thai people can excel in an industry (that you know nothing about).  What a sad life.

Another poster gave a good link to some other films produced here - amazing production standards.  I have worked on more than one of those films and even the Hollywood guys were blown away by the locations, by the equipment, and by the skill and work rate of the crew.

But you just carry on believing Thais are beneath you, it's fine.  And you obviously hate it here, I honestly could not stay in a place I hated so much, so why do you?

16 hours ago, Yinn said:

เชิญค่ะ

Thank you for the reply. 

But, I think I do not agree. 

Percentage of lower people who think about higher people is very different from percentage of higher people who think about lower people. 

Poor Thais think about rich Thais MUCH MORE than rich Thais think about poor Thais. 

I think that MOST Thais dislike Farang. 

19 hours ago, overherebc said:

Most nice people don't refer to us as Farang. They use the word expat.

Farang is not even Thai in origin, it's Persian and means person of white skin, also strange that the expression farang dam means coloured or black.

Just sayin'

What if tourist? Most farang who come to Thailand are not the “expat”, just the tourist. We going to call them all “expat”?

Expat can be black, yellow, Arab etc. Farang just mean Caucasian.

Dont worry about it, not bad word. If we don’t like you we use the different words. Many “expat” people use farang word also.

I thought it from ฝรั่งเศส= Farangset= French. Because they take over Cambodia, Laos etc. Maybe the fruit, white and sweet!

i not can know if the white “expat” is English, French, American etc only looking at them.

Similar word to “Asian”

Who tell you It is a not polite word? We don’t think that. Not the bad intention.

We don’t use the word expat. What you want me to call farang tourist? Expat?

the normal prostitutes, driving without any care for any other beings, low value of life ( see previous) , how to lie, lie like a Thai then use buddhism as excuse for behaviour, ?

I think I have got the plot,

only thing missing was the love story, which is prostitute thing mini remake pretty women

3 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Thank you for the reply. 

But, I think I do not agree. 

Percentage of lower people who think about higher people is very different from percentage of higher people who think about lower people. 

Poor Thais think about rich Thais MUCH MORE than rich Thais think about poor Thais. 

No, most don’t care. More interested about neighbor, friend, people they see.

Most Thai don’t think or care about farang. Not important for most Thai people.

If you believe that one, why you live in Thailand if you think everyone dislike you.

Really up to the person, I like nice farang more than bad Thai. I like nice Thai more than rude farang.

like that.

Oh Dear...going south ? they ignored all the USA and western governments travel warnings ?...

..BREAKING NEWS !!!......A sneek preview of the storyboard of the movie shows Vin Diesel getting fined for delay in his 90 day reporting and then getting expelled because he lit a cigarette on a beach.....they also rob a 7/11 in the movie as they need to get 6 x 800K THB to open a bank account for their visas......

47 minutes ago, Yinn said:

What if tourist? Most farang who come to Thailand are not the “expat”, just the tourist. We going to call them all “expat”?

Expat can be black, yellow, Arab etc. Farang just mean Caucasian.

Dont worry about it, not bad word. If we don’t like you we use the different words. Many “expat” people use farang word also.

I thought it from ฝรั่งเศส= Farangset= French. Because they take over Cambodia, Laos etc. Maybe the fruit, white and sweet!

i not can know if the white “expat” is English, French, American etc only looking at them.

Similar word to “Asian”

Who tell you It is a not polite word? We don’t think that. Not the bad intention.

We don’t use the word expat. What you want me to call farang tourist? Expat?

When in uk I meet someone from Asia I don't even use the word asian. I would say that 'person' over there. Maybe they are 3rd generation british or american and have never been to asia.

Maybe just call them tourists.

5 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Two way street. Maybe this subject should have a thread of its own so posts don't get removed: Yinn initially said, in a removed post,  approx. "another farang- calling Thais stupid and now calling Thai culture stupid " Well Yinn-you sure are suggesting that Thais dislike farangs because of what they say/think about them. Unlike your present denials. 

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

If you believe that one, why you live in Thailand if you think everyone dislike you

Because my life is not about seeking pleasure. It is about being useful, and I have been extremely useful and successful. 

I don't care that most Thais don't like me. Most of them will never have any significant impact on the world. Their lives are useless. 

On 6/13/2019 at 9:57 AM, webfact said:

This comes despite the fact that many films in the series feature illegal street racing and other crime.

So this will be a Fast & Furious cultural review of Thailand that features no 'illegal street racing and other crime.'  And of course, all scenes with guns or weapons will be pixilated and there will be many 'near kisses' and 'almost hugs' between stars and starlets although no touching, and of course a light-hearted, romp-filled Buffalo racing scene though a rice field to the endearment of all. 

Man, I can't wait to get my tickets!!! 

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

No, most don’t care. More interested about neighbor, friend, people they see.

Most Thai don’t think or care about farang. Not important for most Thai people.

If you believe that one, why you live in Thailand if you think everyone dislike you.

Really up to the person, I like nice farang more than bad Thai. I like nice Thai more than rude farang.

like that.

Yinn, in a way we are all tourists even if married to a Thai.

My wife is Thai, she was my boss at work when we met having returned to Thailand when her father died and his company had to be restructured. 

We both do a lot of travelling now and she really wants to leave Thailand and live in either UK or somewhere in Europe.

She does not want to go there because she can get a passport in X years or social benefits, it's because we prefer the lifestyle and she also thinks that it's wrong that I have to report to whoever every time we go somewhere in Thailand for a weekend or overseas when I return.

She has had many visas to UK, each one for 6 months and we drive around UK stay in B&B or hotels or self catering rentals and we don't have to report to anyone.

I would love to hear your views on that, ie, if we stay one night in different places for a month we report to no-one, not police or immigration.

Archived