BANGKOK 26 June 2019 01:20
webfact

"Fast and Furious" filming in Thailand will showcase "culture"...not street racing!

This time Fast and Furious will just be filmed from dash cams showing what others are doing on the road... Production costs: 0 (other than car rental, insurance - very important, some fuel, and dash cams). They planned to do it in Russia but everyone already saw their videos on Fail Army...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, morrobay said:

Hello Yinn, can you please tell me if the above statement is widely held among a majority of the Thai population? Are Thais aware/upset by condescending comments by foreigners on English discussion forums? Or if anyone else can answer this question.     

No. Most Thai don’t think about farang because they don’t see or talk to farang. 

Same your country, people talk about the Thai people much? I don’t think so. Maybe thai food, thai massage and May thai is popular a little.

One thing, we smart to know some/most farang is good people. Some is bad. Everywhere the same, have good, have bad.

i work before in Patong hotel high season and songkran. Part time.

80% farang is very nice people, polite. 10% ok. 10% terrible and rude one. Angry small thing too much. Over.

maybe thai visa less than 80% I think. Many people hate us here.

If you nice person, we like you. Want you to have a good time in our country.

เชิญค่ะ

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Yinn said:

but we like polite.

Oh that explains the driving, thanks

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I surprise that many farang hate us so much

Many don't hate  you at all many hate  your countries systems of govt control.

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

If you nice person

Whats a "nice person"?

Troll/slur removed and all the bickering replies

6 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Yeah... got that, that's why I edited my post. 

However YouTube returns tons of Hobbs and Shaw results when searching for F&F 9.

Why you think there would be trailers from a movie that is far from completed yet?

32 minutes ago, newhero said:

Why you think there would be trailers from a movie that is far from completed yet?

Maybe in the can already and waiting for the right time to release it to the market. Maybe not. Who cares.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yinn said:

No. Most Thai don’t think about farang because they don’t see or talk to farang. 

Same your country, people talk about the Thai people much? I don’t think so. Maybe thai food, thai massage and May thai is popular a little.

One thing, we smart to know some/most farang is good people. Some is bad. Everywhere the same, have good, have bad.

i work before in Patong hotel high season and songkran. Part time.

80% farang is very nice people, polite. 10% ok. 10% terrible and rude one. Angry small thing too much. Over.

maybe thai visa less than 80% I think. Many people hate us here.

If you nice person, we like you. Want you to have a good time in our country.

เชิญค่ะ

Most nice people don't refer to us as Farang. They use the word expat.

Farang is not even Thai in origin, it's Persian and means person of white skin, also strange that the expression farang dam means coloured or black.

Just sayin'

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

From the official trailers releases Thailand does not feature much in the action scenes...

/Edit: Must have got the sequence numbers wrong... there seems to be another F&F 9 under production. See here.

Hob's and Shaw is a spinoff of the Fast and Furious franchise, it's not Fast+Furious #9 which won't be out till 2020.

5 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

So many strange issues with their plan. 

1. Depending on how far south they go, the culture is decidedly Malay, not Thai.

2. If they want to showcase Thai culture, maybe they can try a couple ideas:

2a. Vin Diesel is revving up a souped up Toyota pick up getting ready to start the race, when 

2b. a Thai driver comes flying out of a soi and crashes into him, 

2c. then a bunch of random Thais gather around gawking and as one bad bystander starts to blame Vin, the whole mass of Thais within earshot join in and start blaming Vin

2d. Vin tries to flee but is beaten by every Thai who can get to him to kick and punch him

2e. Vin ends up in hospital but where they refuse to treat him because he doesn't have a Thai health insurance plan 

2f. Vin dies in hospital from his injuries 

2g. The next day, there are numerous, suspicious stories of Thai taxis returning millions of Baht, Euros and Dollars to Farangs all over Thailand. 

2c/1 The crowd gather round, saying being a Farang, it was your fault, you pay up 20000 now ( if it was a Thai 5000 baht).

• Haha 1

Fast and Furious to be filmed in Thailand

By Sitthichai Sikhawat 
The Nation

7eb52832d4b41ae9e1a856dfb2e954c1.jpeg

Thailand's world-renowned scenery will be featured in the latest edition of action-packed Fast And Furious franchise, as the filming of FF9 will take place in Phuket, Phang Nga, Krabi and Surat Thani from July 1 to 27.

Piya Pestonji, the film's production manager, met with Krabi governor Pol Lt-Colonel ML Kitibodhi Prawit and Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) representatives on Wednesday to discuss filming and setting up a temporary office in Krabi.

The exact locations for filming were not revealed.

Kitibodhi welcomed the filming as it will involve a Bt340 million investment in Thailand, result in many jobs and will be an opportunity for Thais to create connections and boost film-making. 

He said the famous franchise's latest edition would showcase Thai culture, history and nature to the world and urged communities to be good hosts as the movie would also boost Thai tourism.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30371065

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-13