"Fast and Furious" filming in Thailand will showcase "culture"...not street racing!

webfact

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Two way street. Maybe this subject should have a thread of its own so posts don't get removed: Yinn initially said, in a removed post,  approx. "another farang- calling Thais stupid and now calling Thai culture stupid " Well Yinn-you sure are suggesting that Thais dislike farangs because of what they say/think about them. Unlike your present denials. 

Read last sentence of #53 for explain it

most farang at the hotel I meet love Thailand and polite. I like them. If you rude to us, I don’t. I think normal situation.

i don’t care if you farang or thai, I care if you polite and good manners.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, overherebc said:

When in uk I meet someone from Asia I don't even use the word asian. I would say that 'person' over there. Maybe they are 3rd generation british or american and have never been to asia.

Maybe just call them tourists.

I can’t change the language for you. Farang use the word farang. Up to them. I am not everyone boss.

if I work at the hotel, boss say take the drink to the tourist, one is farang and one is Asian. Easy to just say farang or Asian. If say the tourist, then maybe mix up.  

Only you have the problem. Nobody care.

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Read last sentence of #53 for explain it

most farang at the hotel I meet love Thailand and polite. I like them. If you rude to us, I don’t. I think normal situation.

i don’t care if you farang or thai, I care if you polite and good manners.

In all honesty you cannot take statements like 'I love Thailand' from an expat/tourist. They are saying it because they are on holiday and to be polite.

Would you be willing to enter into conversation with them if you asked 'how was your night out?' and they replied 'really bad, taxi ripped us off and the food was terrible and overpriced'

??

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

I can’t change the language for you. Farang use the word farang. Up to them. I am not everyone boss.

if I work at the hotel, boss say take the drink to the tourist, one is farang and one is Asian. Easy to just say farang or Asian. If say the tourist, then maybe mix up.  

Only you have the problem. Nobody care.

I don't have a problem. If someone calls me farang I either ignore them or call them pineapple. ????????

25 minutes ago, overherebc said:

She has had many visas to UK, each one for 6 months and we drive around UK stay in B&B or hotels or self catering rentals and we don't have to report to anyone.

I would love to hear your views on that, ie, if we stay one night in different places for a month we report to no-one, not police or immigration.

She get the UK visa because she marry you.

i am not visa to Thailand expert. You should ask at Immigration.

but I know you can come to Thailand for holiday with no visa.

when I finished the uni I want to go visit my friend in Sydney.

For 3 weeks. 

I can not just buy the ticket and go. I must go to the Aussie embassy first in Bangkok.

Then pay a lot of money. Must pay for three months, but only want to go there stay 3 weeks. Then must wait for answer. Then they say I can not go there! They take my money for what?

Because I have no job. They say I am going to work. But they wrong. If have a job, I not have free time to go.

Crazy

i think UK same as that. 

28 minutes ago, Yinn said:

She get the UK visa because she marry you.

i am not visa to Thailand expert. You should ask at Immigration.

but I know you can come to Thailand for holiday with no visa.

when I finished the uni I want to go visit my friend in Sydney.

For 3 weeks. 

I can not just buy the ticket and go. I must go to the Aussie embassy first in Bangkok.

Then pay a lot of money. Must pay for three months, but only want to go there stay 3 weeks. Then must wait for answer. Then they say I can not go there! They take my money for what?

Because I have no job. They say I am going to work. But they wrong. If have a job, I not have free time to go.

Crazy

i think UK same as that. 

Not really.

You are missing some important points.

If you go to UK on holiday and unfortunately have injuries in an accident you will be treated at a hospital just the same as a UK person. You will not be ignored until you can prove you have insurance.

It's very unlikely you will be presented with a bill

If you can't pay it will not be logged to Immigration to prevent you leaving.

Keep replying, your english is getting better.

Have you worked that out yet?

No insults intended in my replies. ????????

My wife didn't get visas because she's married to me. She's got long term visas for USA, Australia and New Zealand because of family business.

On 6/13/2019 at 4:10 PM, Fex Bluse said:

So many strange issues with their plan. 

1. Depending on how far south they go, the culture is decidedly Malay, not Thai.

2. If they want to showcase Thai culture, maybe they can try a couple ideas:

2a. Vin Diesel is revving up a souped up Toyota pick up getting ready to start the race, when 

2b. a Thai driver comes flying out of a soi and crashes into him, 

2c. then a bunch of random Thais gather around gawking and as one bad bystander starts to blame Vin, the whole mass of Thais within earshot join in and start blaming Vin

2d. Vin tries to flee but is beaten by every Thai who can get to him to kick and punch him

2e. Vin ends up in hospital but where they refuse to treat him because he doesn't have a Thai health insurance plan 

2f. Vin dies in hospital from his injuries 

2g. The next day, there are numerous, suspicious stories of Thai taxis returning millions of Baht, Euros and Dollars to Farangs all over Thailand. 

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I think this has got to be the funniest post I’ve ever read on Thai Visa!

14 hours ago, overherebc said:

Not really.

You are missing some important points.

If you go to UK on holiday and unfortunately have injuries in an accident you will be treated at a hospital just the same as a UK person. You will not be ignored until you can prove you have insurance.

It's very unlikely you will be presented with a bill

If you can't pay it will not be logged to Immigration to prevent you leaving.

Keep replying, your english is getting better.

No insults intended in my replies. ????????

My wife didn't get visas because she's married to me. She's got long term visas for USA, Australia and New Zealand because of family business.

How can I go to free UK hospital if I can not get the visa to go??????

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

How can I go to free UK hospital if I can not get the visa to go??????

'If' is a very small word with a very big meaning.

'If' you booked as part of a package holiday the first time you may have had a different result. The first visa is always the most difficult to get.

Unfortunately many people in the past got visas for a holiday in the UK and USA and decided not to return to Thailand and got jobs etc, as some tourists to Thailand have done.

To get a holiday visa now to UK you have to convince UK authorities there is a compelling reason for you to return home at the end of the holiday and you have sufficient money so you will not arrive with only 500 baht in your pocket and end up in the position of relying on what is termed 'public funds' ie hand outs from the government so you don't have to sleep on the street, have food supplied or have to work illegally.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:57 AM, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes that no one mentioned illegal street racing that has been a huge problem in Thailand for decades.

Hmmm...why is that, I wonder?

Oh yeah...

It will bring in 340 million baht that will benefit Thailand and the local film industry, reported Naew Na. 

How much tax did they pay to 'import' the cars into Thailand?

Will they export them after filming or will the well diguised 1500cc toyota/honda/nissan engines that the sound track wiil make sound like V8 supercars just be scrapped?

Or will they have an auction?

On 6/13/2019 at 1:37 AM, DavisH said:

Showcase "culture", that's what the director said. I'm sure this movie will involve gangs, drugs, prostitution, street brawling, and souped-up motocy's and honda jazzes - that kind of Thai culture:)

Wow. I will miss brothels fronting as bars, farangs assuming whores are GFs, and the lure of pimping bar managers/owners  that create a non-stop flow of farangs to live in this land by pretending as tourists year round. 

Archived