Video: Warring students attack each other with knives as police arrive to make arrests

webfact

Video: Warring students attack each other with knives as police arrive to make arrests

6pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A video taken from a revenue office on Petchkasem Road in the Krathum Baen area south west of Bangkok showed two groups of students attacking each other with knives. 

There is also an explosion as the helmeted youths brazenly fight in broad daylight on the main road. 

Towards the end of the video police on motorcycles arrive to break up the fighting and arrest some of the combatants. The incident happened on Monday.

A local Som Tam (papaya salad) seller told Daily News it was frightening - the youths had swords and she heard two explosions she thought were "ping pong" bombs. This was the second time she had seen such an incident. 

The chief of the Krathum Baen police Phakphoom Srilapphamat said that his men were quickly on the scene and made five arrests. 

Others had been followed up and the police have been working with the teachers and parents of those fighting to try and stop further outbreaks of violence. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-13

13 minutes ago, steven100 said:

When students have nothing to do they become bored and will most certainly end up in trouble.

If these groups of students had responsibilities and interests then scenes like this wouldn't occur.

Unfortunately, their interests ARE fighting rival students, it's a face thing, our school is better than yours. Been going on for as long as I can remember.

6 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

What's wrong with these idiots?
What are they trying to achieve?  

your right .....  and someone with high authority should get them all in a room sitting down and ask them exactly that .... and explain to them that they are being seen by everyone else as knuckleheads and stupid idiots,  and they need to respect each other and join fitness clubs and the likes.

But ... you know what I mean ..

the schools need to held responsible and the teachers of the classes these idiots are in be suspended, they are supposed to be stopping their students from doing this but in many cases the teachers are encouraging it. It will only stop when the schools/teachers start to lose out financially, it is really pathetic the amount of times we see this happening, parents need to be involved as well, the students themselves need to be locked up and their bikes confiscated too. All they get is a slap on the wrist, time to come down very hard on them

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

If they want to fight then the simple solution is to conscript them into the army and send them down south.

I think you would find these brave young men would suddenly put on dresses and make-up and claim to be transgenders first !

Over 50 years ago we had mods and rockers and those glorious weekends down in Brighton when we tried our best to kick the sh*t out of each other.  Kids will always find a reason to fight each other.  Stupid but most of us grow out of it eventually.

Another normal day in paradise.

When previously trying to teach Thai students, I witnessed many incidents involving students with weapons, but being a low life farang,  I could say nothing because the school were to concerned with lose of face plus revenue.

Students are allowed to do as they please because they are the schools

meal ticket. Sad..

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

your right .....  and someone with high authority should get them all in a room sitting down and ask them exactly that .... and explain to them that they are being seen by everyone else as knuckleheads and stupid idiots,  and they need to respect each other and join fitness clubs and the likes.

But ... you know what I mean ..

what a lovely world you live in. I'm stuck here in this real world where its a little more complicated. 

The smug face on this weapons dealer say's it all. Thai boys without supervision or studies to keep them occupied, very little or no parental authority. I attended a Catholic school from 1st thru 12th grades, took the summer off, joined the Air Force enlisted, night school to degree then commission, did 20 years plus 21 days. Didn't have time to even think about fighting with classmates other than a 6th grade slap up and a note to the parents resulted in heavy restrictions at home. When I see the Thai boys with their knives and pipes I see killers, not students.

6 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

If they want to fight then the simple solution is to conscript them into the army and send them down south.

If they are so badass, they could always step into the Muay Thai ring and take on some who is not afraid to go one on one.....without helmets and knives!

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think you would find these brave young men would suddenly put on dresses and make-up and claim to be transgenders first !

LOL...I agree!

20 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Exactly, talking to them is a waste of time, as soon as they meet each other they will fight again.

Arrest them, charge them, sentance them to 6 months in the army in a location far from their home town and kick them out of the University.

End of the fight.

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

sentance them to 6 months in the army in a location far from their home town and kick them out of the University.

Bingo  !   and this is why I say conscription is good. It give school leavers responsibility and respect.

Should happen in Australia, there would be less drug users and addicts running around.

Archived