Jump to content
BANGKOK 20 June 2019 13:56

Recommended Posts

regrettably, I failed to say that the landlord is unwilling to provide any assistance to allow self reporting (owners blue book or other docs) Further, I know of cases where the farang tenant has indeed been fined although he only stayed at a hotel within country which was apparently reported to Immigration ( this is in regards to Bangkok Immigration if that matters )

But thank you nevertheless for your input and help

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ugots2Believe said:

Anyone have any clue or advice in the case that a condo unit owner (landlord) will not/does not comply with his TM 30 requirement to report to Immigration. He is also unwilling to assist in any way to allow me to report myself. He seems to feel that this entire procedure is without consequence to him or me in spite of several attempted explanations. What will suffice as evidence that I have notified him upon return from any other place that has reported my stay away from my principle residence ? 
(Example; Will a Line/whatsapp message be enough proof?) 

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue ~

Do you have a TM 30  receipt already for where you are staying ?   if yes, probably no need to report short times away within country.   If out of country and returning then you can go update yourself.

IF NO ORIGINAL TM30 FOR ADDRESS YOU ARE   fined    WHEN CAUGHT OUT ( visa extensions or whatever)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rumak said:

If one wants to be SURE  then go to the immig with owner the day you are going to move in.  Meet him/her there , do the tm30,  hand over money.

Not always possible for owners who live in far of Provinces or live abroad!

Some landlords won't even supply signed copies of their TB and ID card.

 

The foreigner should ensure receipt of signed copies of the owners/landlords documentation before signing any lease, as you correctly suggested. He then has the required documents to submit a TM30 as the tenant/possessor, without the owner/landlords presence.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ugots2Believe said:

regrettably, I failed to say that the landlord is unwilling to provide any assistance to allow self reporting (owners blue book or other docs) Further, I know of cases where the farang tenant has indeed been fined although he only stayed at a hotel within country which was apparently reported to Immigration ( this is in regards to Bangkok Immigration if that matters )

But thank you nevertheless for your input and help

 

 

any immig that wants new report for every side trip is really being a  pain in..................

Just want the money !    Unfortunately,  some farangs get so irate and abusive that those in power just do not care what farangs think.   that is the advantage of POWER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Not always possible for owners who live in far of Provinces or live abroad!

Some landlords won't even supply signed copies of their TB and ID card.

 

The foreigner should ensure receipt of signed copies of the owners/landlords documentation before signing any lease, as you correctly suggested. He then has the required documents to submit a TM30 as the tenant/possessor, without the owner/landlords presence.

If no one would rent from the landlords that don't provide the copies.....I am pretty sure the owners would change their ways  🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ugots2Believe said:

regrettably, I failed to say that the landlord is unwilling to provide any assistance to allow self reporting (owners blue book or other docs) Further, I know of cases where the farang tenant has indeed been fined although he only stayed at a hotel within country which was apparently reported to Immigration ( this is in regards to Bangkok Immigration if that matters )

But thank you nevertheless for your input and help

 

 

Then you have a bad landlord.

My advice go to Immigration and advise them of the situation.

After Immigration have spoken to him, I'm sure you'll find him more compliant.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Then you have a bad landlord.

My advise go to Immigration and advise them of the situation.

After Immigration have spoken to him, I'm sure you'll find him more compliant.

Yes, seems the only option, unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ugots2Believe said:

Yes, seems the only option, unfortunately 

Do you have a lease with the landlords details.

Immigration may accept that as proof of address.

 

Don't wait until you need to report or obtain an extension, go to Immigration with your problem now.

I've witnessed first hand what Immigration can do in these situations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Thanks for that advice. To further complicate my issue ( bearing in mind that when I signed my lease, the TM30 was not being generally enforced ) I do have the lease, but the only 'details of the owner that I have is his telephone number Line ID and bank account to which I send my rent payments. Again, the landlord is disinclined to provide any other 'details' or documentation and I hate to create problems by having to 'blow the whistle' on him (even thought he seems to be forcing me into it) Again, I have tried to explain and furnish all relevant info and websites in Thai language. I also worry about requesting 'details' from condo management and possible repercussions.

 

Re:

26 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Do you have a lease with the landlords details.

Immigration may accept that as proof of address.

 

Don't wait until you need to report or obtain an extension, go to Immigration with your problem now.

I've witnessed first hand what Immigration can do in these situations.

 

Edited by Ugots2Believe
correct spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ugots2Believe said:

Thanks for that advice. To further complicate my issue ( bearing in mind that when I signed my lease, the TM30 was not being generally enforced ) I do have the lease, but the only 'details of the owner that I have is his telephone number Line ID and bank account to witch I send my rent payments. Again, the landlord is disinclined to provide any other 'details' or documentation and I hate to create problems by having to 'blow the whistle' on him (even thought he seems to be forcing me into it) Again, I have tried to explain and furnish all relevant info and websites in Thai language. I also worry about requesting 'details' from condo management and possible repercussions.

 

Re:

 

You have no options left.

Now CW enforce TM30 filing at some point your going to be refused a service for non compliance and probably fined.

You have the landlords name and contact number.

It is essentially his responsibility and he should be grateful that you will take the responsibility provided he supplies the required documents. 

Bite the bullet and report your problem and issue now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...