Jump to content
BANGKOK 17 June 2019 07:32
webfact

Motorbike passenger dies, crushed under truck in Bangkok

Recommended Posts

 

Motorbike passenger dies, crushed under truck in Bangkok

By The Thaiger

PHOTOS: Phetkasem Foundation

 

62352973_1524565461011049_32889050211895

 

A motorbike passenger has died after colliding with a pickup truck and then being crushed by a passing truck in Bangkok.

 

Police News report that Kannayao Police were notified of the incident on Ramintra Road last night. Police and emergency responders arrived to find a damaged motorbike and pickup truck. The truck was still sitting in the middle of the road.

 

The body of the motorbike passenger, 24 year old Duangruedee Thepthong, was found under the truck’s wheel. Her head had been crushed by a wheel of the truck. She was wearing a bike helmet at the time.

 

The motorbike driver, 24 year old Alongkorn Roadrai, sustained minor injuries and was taken to Nawamin 9 Hospital.

 

The truck driver told police that while driving he heard the crashing noise. He saw the motorbike had collided into the back of the pickup truck and that the motorbike passenger bounced off under his truck. He has been assisting police with their inquiries.

 

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/motorbike-passenger-dies-crushed-under-truck-in-bangkok

 

 
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, webfact said:

Police and emergency responders arrived to find a damaged motorbike and pickup truck. The truck was still sitting in the middle of the road.

  

The body of the motorbike passenger, 24 year old Duangruedee Thepthong, was found under the truck’s wheel. Her head had been crushed by a wheel of the truck.

What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

on Ramintra Road last night

 

Quote

He saw the motorbike had collided into the back of the pickup truck and that the motorbike passenger bounced off under his truck.

In the night, running into the back of a pickup.

Questions?

 

Night: poor reporting that they can not even give an estimate time.

But obviously in the dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

n the night, running into the back of a pickup.

Questions?

Yes. Did the pickup driver fled the scene?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We continuously read about lives wasted because these dipshi ts drive and ride like absolute numpty's.

 

Another one bites the dust for no good reason.

 

RIP lady

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Yes. Did the pickup driver fled the scene?

No. Much more detailed reporting in Thai (Khaosod etc.).

 

"Pickup truck of Isuzu brand, gray, registration 2ฒญ 8555 Bangkok parked on the far right lane. The tail light on the left cracked."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

We continuously read about lives wasted because these dipshi ts drive and ride like absolute numpty's.

 

Another one bites the dust for no good reason.

 

RIP lady

 

 

Just heard on news last night that motorbike accidents are on the rise. This is in Austria. Bikers think they are immortal, they race down high mountain roads and every so often one takes off into space over the edge or hits something. Bikers leave their brains at home when they get on the bike. Same everywhere, not only Thailand.

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

No shortage of rubber necks...……...morbid!

I agree!  I hate these people who want to see the gore of some poor victim.

 

Such a sad horrible way to go.  RIP young lady...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Letseng said:

Just heard on news last night that motorbike accidents are on the rise. This is in Austria. Bikers think they are immortal, they race down high mountain roads and every so often one takes off into space over the edge or hits something. Bikers leave their brains at home when they get on the bike. Same everywhere, not only Thailand.

Buying a big bike is the first step into the Coffin. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JMSIII said:

I agree!  I hate these people who want to see the gore of some poor victim.

 

Such a sad horrible way to go.  RIP young lady...

I have to admit that while I would not stay long nor stare for a long time, I would take a glance at seeing that.  DaVinci used to ask for permission to take the dead from a battle field for his art and anatomy research.  I make no such claims but as an engineer, a little bit of me would be curious to see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thailand is just over represented in regards to road accident and mortality due to the sheer numbers of arrogant, self centred road users. Not all bikers or vehicle users leave their brain at home and quite often the biker is the victim of road hogs in cars and trucks. 

Most Thais leave their brains splattered over the road.

 

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

 

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...