Motorbike passenger dies, crushed under truck in Bangkok

webfact

Motorbike passenger dies, crushed under truck in Bangkok

By The Thaiger

PHOTOS: Phetkasem Foundation

62352973_1524565461011049_32889050211895

A motorbike passenger has died after colliding with a pickup truck and then being crushed by a passing truck in Bangkok.

Police News report that Kannayao Police were notified of the incident on Ramintra Road last night. Police and emergency responders arrived to find a damaged motorbike and pickup truck. The truck was still sitting in the middle of the road.

The body of the motorbike passenger, 24 year old Duangruedee Thepthong, was found under the truck’s wheel. Her head had been crushed by a wheel of the truck. She was wearing a bike helmet at the time.

The motorbike driver, 24 year old Alongkorn Roadrai, sustained minor injuries and was taken to Nawamin 9 Hospital.

The truck driver told police that while driving he heard the crashing noise. He saw the motorbike had collided into the back of the pickup truck and that the motorbike passenger bounced off under his truck. He has been assisting police with their inquiries.

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/motorbike-passenger-dies-crushed-under-truck-in-bangkok

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Police and emergency responders arrived to find a damaged motorbike and pickup truck. The truck was still sitting in the middle of the road.

The body of the motorbike passenger, 24 year old Duangruedee Thepthong, was found under the truck’s wheel. Her head had been crushed by a wheel of the truck.

What?

on Ramintra Road last night

He saw the motorbike had collided into the back of the pickup truck and that the motorbike passenger bounced off under his truck.

In the night, running into the back of a pickup.

Questions?

Night: poor reporting that they can not even give an estimate time.

But obviously in the dark.

32 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Yes. Did the pickup driver fled the scene?

No. Much more detailed reporting in Thai (Khaosod etc.).

"Pickup truck of Isuzu brand, gray, registration 2ฒญ 8555 Bangkok parked on the far right lane. The tail light on the left cracked."

2 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

We continuously read about lives wasted because these dipshi ts drive and ride like absolute numpty's.

Another one bites the dust for no good reason.

RIP lady

Just heard on news last night that motorbike accidents are on the rise. This is in Austria. Bikers think they are immortal, they race down high mountain roads and every so often one takes off into space over the edge or hits something. Bikers leave their brains at home when they get on the bike. Same everywhere, not only Thailand.

31 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Just heard on news last night that motorbike accidents are on the rise. This is in Austria. Bikers think they are immortal, they race down high mountain roads and every so often one takes off into space over the edge or hits something. Bikers leave their brains at home when they get on the bike. Same everywhere, not only Thailand.

Thailand is just over represented in regards to road accident and mortality due to the sheer numbers of arrogant, self centred road users. Not all bikers or vehicle users leave their brain at home and quite often the biker is the victim of road hogs in cars and trucks. 

7 hours ago, Letseng said:

Buying a big bike is the first step into the Coffin. 

8 hours ago, JMSIII said:

I agree!  I hate these people who want to see the gore of some poor victim.

Such a sad horrible way to go.  RIP young lady...

I have to admit that while I would not stay long nor stare for a long time, I would take a glance at seeing that.  DaVinci used to ask for permission to take the dead from a battle field for his art and anatomy research.  I make no such claims but as an engineer, a little bit of me would be curious to see.

Thailand is just over represented in regards to road accident and mortality due to the sheer numbers of arrogant, self centred road users. Not all bikers or vehicle users leave their brain at home and quite often the biker is the victim of road hogs in cars and trucks. 

Most Thais leave their brains splattered over the road.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/14/2019 at 1:58 AM, roo860 said:

Most Thais leave their brains splattered over the road.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They have a lot to learn about road safety and common sense. Its a shame they share with the likes of Indonesia and Vietnam. Carnage rules and every man to himself. I wish it were otherwise for both them and me

On 6/13/2019 at 4:39 PM, Letseng said:

The news from Austria?  ????    from last night  :biggrin:

2/10 for this deflection. 

Archived