Self-appointments and nepotism cited in committee

webfact

37 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No, his moral compass is fine and balanced.

Whereas some seem to insist on trying to gloss over the corruption and nepotism that were hallmarks of the various Shin regimes. 

Putting your puppet sister in place to do your bidding and not much else runs this a pretty close race.

From the 10-man selection committee, 5 have become senators themselves, 1 has become senator and senate speaker, and 3 have siblings in the senate. 

Would you like to state for the record that this kind of behaviour is fine and balanced? 

40 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Putting your puppet sister in place to do your bidding and not much else runs this a pretty close race.

i remember my Father in law talking about Thaksin's corruption. he got so wound up and angry about it, informing me that this was why he and my wife were out on the street with thier whistles. They agreed that the disruption and fighting was necessary to bring change to the country. 

And now....it's just the same. or worse. Prayut came in to stop corruption and nepotism. But he's doing exactly the same as Thaksin. All my FIL can spout now is "but FF hate the King. We have to fight!!"

54 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Eric, stop trying to ignore the Shin corruption and nepotism and pretend it never happened. Do us all a favor and recognize it did, was massive and a growing cancer in Thailand. 

Criticizing the Junta whilst trying to sanitize previous corrupt civilian regimes isn't moving on. It's narrowing the mind.

You really has became a junta recalcitrant. Shin corruption and nepotism were dealt with some interpretations from the court, assets seized and even forcefully removed. Your dream junta team with full frontal corruptions is untouchable. And those appointed crony nepotistic senators got your pal another 4 years. Your moral compass need calibrating. 

With all the court cases and everything happening it should be an interesting year next year. PT needs to be smart at this stage and tell Thaksin to stay away and not interfere.  They need to act along with the FF in a true political we are looking for the best for Thais and meaning it fashion.

Eventually if they do things right they will be able to defeat the government on a vote and then make the necessary changes.

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Let's hope this starts the cauldron fire burning to boil these guys in their crooked tracks. 

It won't. I don't know any Thais who expected any different.

To foreigners they are not close to, they pretend that nepotism bothers them. However, they know it's a fundamental part of Thai/Chinese culture. 

And, given the power, most of them would act the exact same way. 

Just add a new rule to the "new to make later" constitution:

Politician in national, provincial or city offices or whatsoever shall not appoint relatives or acquaintances in any payed function. In paying is included  any  allowances and reimbursements in cash or in any kind.

That would help right? hahaha

12 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

It won't. I don't know any Thais who expected any different.

To foreigners they are not close to, they pretend that nepotism bothers them. However, they know it's a fundamental part of Thai/Chinese culture. 

And, given the power, most of them would act the exact same way. 

PTP and FFP just vowed to be opposition and bring this up as a major subject to scrutinize. Let's see how far they can get.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

No, his moral compass is fine and balanced.

Whereas some seem to insist on trying to gloss over the corruption and nepotism that were hallmarks of the various Shin regimes. 

'Putting your puppet sister in place to do your bidding runs this a pretty close race  ...'

The key difference is that Yingluck was ELECTED by a sizeable proportion of the voting Thai electorate. She was not simply put into power, without a by-your leave or any say-so from the Thai people!!

2 hours ago, nikmar said:

i remember my Father in law talking about Thaksin's corruption. he got so wound up and angry about it, informing me that this was why he and my wife were out on the street with thier whistles. They agreed that the disruption and fighting was necessary to bring change to the country. 

And now....it's just the same. or worse. Prayut came in to stop corruption and nepotism. But he's doing exactly the same as Thaksin. All my FIL can spout now is "but FF hate the King. We have to fight!!"

Ask your FIL how far he went in his education. This should get you the answers you need.

13 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Ask your FIL how far he went in his education. This should get you the answers you need.

to be fair to the miserable old Chinese b***ard, he studied engineering to degree level and did well for himself and retired well. Worked in Saudi and America. He is pretty knowledgable about his work but questionable political ideals. 

I once told him, while we were eating, that I had some degree of respect for Thaksin and i seriously thought he was going to stab me with his chopsticks. 

I do like to wind him up a little by talking up Tanathorn. just for the sport.

it's all about not what you know, but who you know...

combined with having to always look after your fishing mates!

anyways the people are letting all this happen...

sad when they are now stuck with leaders being promoted beyond their levels of competence

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The day ministers and senators are picked based on merit, will be the day Thailand can start moving forward and becoming a great nation. Until then? Mediocrity. 

Spidermike007, you are being far too generous to Official Thailand: 'mediocrity'???? Thailand is way, way below that point. Mediocrity is a level that Thailand has not even yet glimpsed, let alone aspired to. Thailand is centuries (literally) behind the modern, democratic, civilised world.

I think we will be lucky if, under Prayut, Thailand even advances one step (in a thousand) towards 'mediocrity'. More likely is that this beautiful land, with its beautiful people, will be forced to remain mired down in appalling FEUDALISM!

9 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Disgusting !!

Agree, but I wonder if you have forgotten the behaviors of your idol in appointing his cronies and red shirt leaders to ministerial positions which they were totally unqualified for and they were known as instigators of violence. 

18 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

What a surprise from the corruption free junta. Who'da thunk they would appoint themselves and their relatives? Well I suppose Jack Kennedy did it, so why not the junta?

The man Jack Kennedy was highly qualified and capable. Not quite the same thing.

Archived