BANGKOK 19 June 2019 14:33
webfact

Self-appointments and nepotism cited in committee

19 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Massive nepotism! So this mother of all nepotism where a Prime Minister was grossly selected was to your eyes equal to past nepotism. You really have a poor sense of moral judgement. 

Eric, I am not going to write down all instances when your beloved PTP was engaging in nepotism. That would derail the whole topic. Like i said if you did not see it you were blind.

Its bad then and its bad now. You got bad moral judgement as you seem to think its ok in one instance and not in the other. Nepotism is bad period.

• Sad 1

The one with the yellow writing are senaters now.

The budget to choose was 1,300 million baht. Very expensive.

The other four now have the other government job.

This nine people choose the senate. Who choose the nine who choose? 

CFF037E7-AA64-4484-BAAC-2DF6E705B101.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used the word "nepotism" in a previous news topic but forgot to precede it with "unbelievably blatant"!!

When Suthep was doing the round with his "Bangkok Shutdown" <deleted>, the word nepotism was used every night. Now it's increased big time!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phuketshrew said:

They have no shame, only "face".

That's spelt "farce" 

• Like 2

What a surprise from the corruption free junta. Who'da thunk they would appoint themselves and their relatives? Well I suppose Jack Kennedy did it, so why not the junta?

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Massive nepotism! So this mother of all nepotism where a Prime Minister was grossly selected was to your eyes equal to past nepotism. You really have a poor sense of moral judgement. 

No, his moral compass is fine and balanced.

Whereas some seem to insist on trying to gloss over the corruption and nepotism that were hallmarks of the various Shin regimes. 

Putting your puppet sister in place to do your bidding and not much else runs this a pretty close race.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

What relatives did Yingluck appoint? I don't remember any.

Cousin Number 1 was Foreign Minister for starters.

59 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Others have move away from the but but rebuttal but not you. Moreover I don’t think you fully understand the severity of a crony upper house that resulted in the crook appointment of the Prime Minister. Nepotism is bad but this is toxic. 

Eric, stop trying to ignore the Shin corruption and nepotism and pretend it never happened. Do us all a favor and recognize it did, was massive and a growing cancer in Thailand. 

Criticizing the Junta whilst trying to sanitize previous corrupt civilian regimes isn't moving on. It's narrowing the mind.