BANGKOK 19 June 2019 14:38
webfact

Self-appointments and nepotism cited in committee

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The disclosure of names for the selection committee for the Senate has revealed that many of them likely picked themselves and their relatives.

No no no! That´s just the biggest coincident in history of mankind. Everybody was of course the best option choosen for their skills in every single area they were appointed. Everything else would be self-appointments and nepotism. That´s somthing they do not engage in this stable, strong and upstanding senate and upcoming government.

• Like 1

it's all about not what you know, but who you know...

combined with having to always look after your fishing mates!

anyways the people are letting all this happen...

sad when they are now stuck with leaders being promoted beyond their levels of competence

The day ministers and senators are picked based on merit, will be the day Thailand can start moving forward and becoming a great nation. Until then? Mediocrity. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The day ministers and senators are picked based on merit, will be the day Thailand can start moving forward and becoming a great nation. Until then? Mediocrity. 

Spidermike007, you are being far too generous to Official Thailand: 'mediocrity'???? Thailand is way, way below that point. Mediocrity is a level that Thailand has not even yet glimpsed, let alone aspired to. Thailand is centuries (literally) behind the modern, democratic, civilised world.

I think we will be lucky if, under Prayut, Thailand even advances one step (in a thousand) towards 'mediocrity'. More likely is that this beautiful land, with its beautiful people, will be forced to remain mired down in appalling FEUDALISM!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Disgusting !!

Agree, but I wonder if you have forgotten the behaviors of your idol in appointing his cronies and red shirt leaders to ministerial positions which they were totally unqualified for and they were known as instigators of violence. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

What a surprise from the corruption free junta. Who'da thunk they would appoint themselves and their relatives? Well I suppose Jack Kennedy did it, so why not the junta?

The man Jack Kennedy was highly qualified and capable. Not quite the same thing.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

While the law prohibits them from picking themselves for a position

It may be a case of 'scratch my back and I'll scratch yours'!

14 hours ago, tifino said:

leaders being promoted beyond their levels of competence

Competence??????

• Like 1