Prayut poised to take over party leadership: source

webfact

Prayut poised to take over party leadership: source

By The Nation

165100c49a35bf2d2e02c7a1292c6ec1.jpeg

Former junta leader Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha is to become the official leader of the military-aligned party, Phalang Pracharat after the new Cabinet is installed, a source in the party said.

A party assembly to change the executive board is expected next month, the source said.

Uttama Savanayana would purportedly step down to give way to Prayut while Sontirat Sontijirawong would continue as the secretary-general. 

The move to push Prayut as the party leader is to reportedly transform the general into a full politician and weaken the association with the junta. 

Prayut planned to stay in politics for the long term, the source said. Without the party membership, it had also been difficult for the general to help the party campaign and build up popularity.

Prayut's leadership of Phalang Pracharat was also to resolve the issue with the Sam Mitr or Three Allies group, which is influential in the party. The group had been a stumbling block in recent Cabinet portfolio allocation.

Deputy prime minister Wissanu Krea-ngam, in charge of the government’s legal affairs, said yesterday that Prayut could take the position if he wanted.

However, Wissanu also warned that if anything went wrong, Prayut would inevitably be affected as a party executive.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30371031

thenation_logo.jpg

Viroj had to step down because he was not an MP while the Constitution demands the leader of the opposition must be the party leader and an MP.

From  another thread from the Nation. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1106150-pheu-thai-set-to-name-new-opposition-leader/

As the PM can be elected from outside in accordance with the constitution, how can he lead the party if he is not an MP? Was he a member 30/90 days prior to the election as required by relevant laws? Sooo many other questions. Not even going into his ability to negotiate....

Excellent ....  The move to push Prayut as the party leader is to reportedly transform the general into a full politician. Thailand welcome's Khun Prayut Chan O Cha as the officially elected Prime Minister.

213439881_KhunPrayuth.jpg.8aefd14f3afe347cfc4f1d5f6bd19f4d.jpg

57 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Thank god for that ......   

Steven, I am really touched by your devotion to Prayut.

He truly should honour you in some way, perhaps with a burnished, hand-signed trophy of appreciation, fashioned from pure Thai gold. I think you must be one of Prayut's most loyal and faithful (Western) supporters in the whole of Thailand (indeed, the world). That deserves a medal, surely (or he should grant you permanent residence in Thailand - with no need for 90-Day Reporting)!

23 minutes ago, Eligius said:

He truly should honour you in some way, perhaps with a burnished, hand-signed trophy of appreciation, fashioned from pure Thai gold. I think you must be one of Prayut's most loyal and faithful (Western) supporters in the whole of Thailand (indeed, the world). That deserves a medal, surely (or he should grant you permanent residence in Thailand - with no need for 90-Day Reporting)!

Eligius,  thank you for your kind words regarding Khun Prayut. Yes, he has worked hard to ensure Thailand does not fall back into the old days of mayhem, lawlessness, road blocks and protests.

I am sure you understand the Thai political system in that it cannot function properly without someone who can take control and instill leadership and direction.

Could you imagine Yingluck or Suthep doing the same .....  I really don't think so.

Ok, the Junta is not perfect, Khun Prayuth doesn't always initiate things that some of us agree on but at least he is there and in control.

I prefer peace and stability and a functioning government, which is what Thailand currently has in place ... no one like instability and fighting.

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Eligius,  thank you for your kind words regarding Khun Prayut. Yes, he has worked hard to ensure Thailand does not fall back into the old days of mayhem, lawlessness, road blocks and protests.

I am sure you understand the Thai political system in that it cannot function properly without someone who can take control and instill leadership and direction.

Could you imagine Yingluck or Suthep doing the same .....  I really don't think so.

Ok, the Junta is not perfect, Khun Prayuth doesn't always initiate things that some of us agree on but at least he is there and in control.

I prefer peace and stability and a functioning government, which is what Thailand currently has in place ... no one like instability and fighting.

Me thinks you are delusional

18 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I always appreciate your polite and reasoned posts, Steven - even if I disagree with your political views!

50 minutes ago, Eligius said:

He would blend in very well with the sanctimonious and delusional that supposedly affords democracy here

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Cue Abba song - The Winner Takes It All.

pray.jpg

I seem to remember that group (yes.I've still got their albums, and play them occasionally) fell apart shortly after that song came out...

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The move to push Prayut as the party leader is to reportedly transform the general into a full politician and weaken the association with the junta.

Oh yea. Brilliant move. That will certainly fool everyone and convince the whole world that at last the Thai military have stopped interfering in politics.

Viva Prayuth...........viva junta democracy...........now we can all vamos a la player and let the good times roll. Yeeee ha.

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

Oh yea. Brilliant move. That will certainly fool everyone and convince the whole world that at last the Thai military have stopped interfering in politics.

Viva Prayuth...........viva junta democracy...........now we can all vamos a la player and let the good times roll. Yeeee ha.

Junta democracy. Boy you sure is right about that ????.I think you should include the catchphrase of the PPRP ‘dictatorship democracy’. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy prime minister Wissanu Krea-ngam, in charge of the government’s legal affairs, said yesterday that Prayut could take the position if he wanted

Indeed and he does have form for that sort of thing .. 

20 minutes ago, Artisi said:

More like - money money money 

Well it is certainly not "Thank You For The Music"!

There are others:

Dun Dum Diddie

Hasta Maniana

Me and I

On and On and On...

13 minutes ago, JAG said:

Well it is certainly not "Thank You For The Music"!

There are others:

Dun Dum Diddie

Hasta Maniana

Me and I

On and On and On...

Certainly not his music ????

I've almost spit my coffee all over the keyboard reading this.

Is it possible to transform him back to a soldier and "reunite him with the Junta" if it turns out that it was a bad decision? 

2 hours ago, Denim said:

It's good to see and for those who disagree ... they can f ....  *%3  fly the coop so to speak.

Go to the Philippines or Lao or Cambodia ...

I love Thailand  !!

35 minutes ago, Paul944 said:

It would be interesting to seen how the assets and bank accounts of Uttama Savanayana developed this  year.

Regarding my Psychologist, the suicide rates under teenagers and younger folks have skyrocketed since he took what he wanted and that with a very negative tendency.....

He's right that foreign ladies shouldn't wear bikinis on a Thai beach. You don't need a suntan, it's only causing cancer. 

He's such a smart man and together with his fortune tellers, we can look into a bright aeeh future. 

Why not swimming in jeans and a sweater, it's so much more fun!

14 minutes ago, steven100 said:

It's good to see and for those who disagree ... they can f ....  *%3  fly the coop so to speak.

I love Thailand  !!

Or try the Thai dogs in Vietnam! A bit pricey, but we only live once, innit? 

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

More like - money money money 

I would like to think that Waterloo

was nearer the mark.

Still, if not now , for sure in the not

too distant future.

I reckon about 3 more.years will be enough to convince even Shutdown Bangkok supporters that they have been played for the the fools that they are.

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

I love Thailand  !!

You love Thailand.. Glad to hear it Steve. 

#savethailand...join the millions of Thais who love Thailand too. 

Archived