Urgent advice needed about extension based on marriage.

OK I have just been to the Nong Khai immigration office to extend my visa based on marriage.  I presented all my documents including bank statements showing 80-100k international deposits into a Krungsri account in my name every month for the last 12 months.  Now they are requesting a document to say where the money is coming from but as it is coming from a company in Hong Kong (where I am not required to pay tax as I'm not living in Hong Kong) I don't know what to do.  Does anyone have any advice here?

Does the bank statement show the the funds came in from abroad?

They appear to wanting proof of the source of your income. Proof that you're getting paid as  return on your investment in the company and etc would be accepted.

6 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I don't think Immigration deals with tax matters.

I agree. Some IOs are, for their own reasons, concerned about the source and may even want to confirm it is a 'pension'. Best just to supply some documentation and hope that appeases them. 

14 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

would you have to pay tax here? is this salary? maybe thats what they want?

No

They would only want to see tax payments to prove the income if working here legally or earning it from investments here.

@ubonjoe yeah it does show it is an FX(Foreign eXchange) transaction.  I pointed that out to the IO but she said she needs something to show where the money is coming from.  I tried to explain that I have no documentation nor even know how to go about getting anything like that.  I am assuming they are asking for something to take the place of the stat decs they used to ask for but I don't know what to do!

2 minutes ago, Baldrik said:

I tried to explain that I have no documentation nor even know how to go about getting anything like that.

I would think you should be able to get something from the company in Hong Kong stating it is coming from them and the reason it was being paid.

2 minutes ago, Baldrik said:

@GeorgeCross I would love to be able to pay tax here as then I would have tax docs that make life easier but as I have no WP I can't.

You don't have to have a work permit to pay taxes.

You can declare the money you are bringing into the country and pay taxes on it.

6 minutes ago, Baldrik said:

Ok so just a letter from them you think?

Yes that should be enough.

6 minutes ago, Baldrik said:

How do you declare it and pay tax?

By filing a annual tax return between January and March 31st the local Thai revenue office.

You might need some help from an accountant to do it the first time.