Are points being recorded for driving offenses

A local driver took me to the airport using my truck, I've just received notification from the Thai police for speeding while he drove it back, my question is are points now being issued for driving offences? the paperwork is in Thai so its not clear to me and I've seen news reports that they will be introduced.      

It won't matter anyway.  It looks as though 30% of the population drives without licenses anyway.  So when the points system hits, 50% of the population drives without a license. Stopped at a roadblock.  Pay your 500 THB fine and get issued a receipt that allows you to drive the rest of the day without being fined at other roadblocks.

Welcome to Amazing Thailand.  Worried about 'points?'  Just Go Native!

11 hours ago, connda said:

It won't matter anyway.  It looks as though 30% of the population drives without licenses anyway.  So when the points system hits, 50% of the population drives without a license. Stopped at a roadblock.  Pay your 500 THB fine and get issued a receipt that allows you to drive the rest of the day without being fined at other roadblocks.

Welcome to Amazing Thailand.  Worried about 'points?'  Just Go Native!

Reading comprehension not a positive with you? 

It seems obvious that the infringement would have been by a speed camera or similar. No opportunity to engage in corruption as you suggest.  Isn't there forum rule about promoting illegal activities? 

Some Land Transport offices, like Chatuchak, have a Police department. You'll get pulled when you go to do your tax. Same happens when buying a vehicle from someone else, you go to transfer it into your name only to find that the seller had unpaid tickets.

Da Roadrunner uses an office which lacks a Police dept. Just as well with my record! If I get a ticket I just bin it, isn't Thailand wonderful.

Some Land Transport offices, like Chatuchak, have a Police department. You'll get pulled when you go to do your tax. Same happens when buying a vehicle from someone else, you go to transfer it into your name only to find that the seller had unpaid tickets.

Da Roadrunner uses an office which lacks a Police dept. Just as well with my record! If I get a ticket I just bin it, isn't Thailand wonderful.

Bought and sold loads of cars here over the years ( taxes etc ) this is the very first time I’ve heard of unpaid fines having to be paid.

Is this first hand info?

I never pay my tickets, straight in the bin!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Bought and sold loads of cars here over the years ( taxes etc ) this is the very first time I’ve heard of unpaid fines having to be paid.

Is this first hand info?

Where I live there is a link between LTO and the BiB regarding unpaid fines. Mrs.Trans has the T-shirt, went to pay her bike road tax and was told to go to the police station to pay an unpaid parking fine that she knew nothing about. The BiB actually showed her a photo of her dodgy parking on their PC. She paid the fine..

Where I live there is a link between LTO and the BiB regarding unpaid fines. Mrs.Trans has the T-shirt, went to pay her bike road tax and was told to go to the police station to pay an unpaid parking fine that she knew nothing about. The BiB actually showed her a photo of her dodgy parking on their PC. She paid the fine..

Tut tut, very naughty....

Are speeding fines and parking fines same dept?

I must have hundreds of unpaid fines....

17 hours ago, emptypockets said:
23 hours ago, VYCM said:

It's always a good idea not to let anyone drive your vehicle.

get a local company/driver to drive you to the airport in their vehicle, not alot of money.

Often called a taxi

In the west, yes a taxi.

ask for a taxi in Thailand you may end up with a tractor and cart to the airport.

1 hour ago, VYCM said:
19 hours ago, emptypockets said:
On 6/15/2019 at 7:36 AM, VYCM said:

It's always a good idea not to let anyone drive your vehicle.

get a local company/driver to drive you to the airport in their vehicle, not alot of money.

Often called a taxi

In the west, yes a taxi.

ask for a taxi in Thailand you may end up with a tractor and cart to the airport

image.png.a2bfeea0f0124fc3ddeb52e2e78e494c.png

14 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Is this first hand info?

Yes JaiLai, this is first hand info, actually happened to me, buy then anything can happen in Disneyland. I bought a car and the Police office in the Chatuchak LTO gave me all the previous owners fines, which I had to pay if I wanted it registered in my name. Later, I confronted the previous owner who denied all.

This being Thailand, I suspect every office is different!

The LTO I now use has no Police dept.

Yes JaiLai, this is first hand info, actually happened to me, buy then anything can happen in Disneyland. I bought a car and the Police office in the Chatuchak LTO gave me all the previous owners fines, which I had to pay if I wanted it registered in my name. Later, I confronted the previous owner who denied all.

Interesting - thanks for confirming that.

17 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Which just goes to show why this country is the laughing stock to others...The BiB know who owes them money but they will not go out and knock at his door, they would rather you pay than get off their ass...

Archived