Video: Thai man slaps Japanese guy at Koh Chang ferry - police hunt on

snoop1130

Video: Thai man slaps Japanese guy at Koh Chang ferry - police hunt on

Untitหหหled-1-1280x720.jpg

Caption: Damage to Thailand's image - 77kaoded.com

A video posted on Facebook that showed a Thai man (the white haired guy with the goatee) having a go at a Japanese man at the ferry ticket office on Koh Chang.

The Thai doesn't know he is being filmed as he slaps the Japanese guy who does nothing in response.

The ticket lady then starts arguing with the man threatening him with the police.

Ferry owner Phisoot Ratanawong said it was disgraceful. He said the Japanese man was a business owner on Koh Chang with a Thai wife and didn't deserve this.

He promised to do everything he could to get the Thai man prosecuted for damaging the image of tourism in Thailand.

Local police chief Pol Col Suradech Wutthisarot said the pair were arguing after the Japanese man cut in front of him in his vehicle.

The case would only result in a fine, he said, but the police would make an effort to find the Thai man.

Though he said it might take time.

Source: 77kaoded.com 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-13

56 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Queue jumping? In Thailand?

That is very hard to believe.

Then you've never experienced banks and post offices, and more 20 years ago. No such thing as a queue, not even known, go for it, jostle your way to the front and talk over the top of the other customers. I recall it well.

An American colleagues from my office  at that time tells a story about going to the bank, eventually got to the actual counter, bank lady asks what he wanted, he explained quickly and gave the lady his bank book, passport etc.

But within a second there's a mid-aged Thai lady trying to get in front of him and she has put a big wad of cash on the back of the hands of the bank teller with bank book etc., and is demanding service now.

Bank lady says just a moment please, Thai lady says she wants now. Farang (speaks good Thai) asks the Thai lady to please wait a moment. Thai lady customer leans over the counter and pushes the farangs money and bankbook away and again puts her wad of cash on the hands of the bank teller.

Farang (known to have a quick and hot temper) leans over grabs the wad of cash from the Thai customer, puts his hand high in the air then with some force throws his arm around in a semi-circle and slings the wad of cash all over the place.

Lady customer how all over the floor etc., trying to gather her cash, other customers ignore her. Bank teller goes back to finishing the transaction for the farang and says quietly with a smirk 'geng mark' (basically 'very clever'). 

And as always in these situations, the greatest fear is the image of Thailand in the world!
It seems that the pirate is a taxi or songtaew driver.
Piracy in Thailand has not been eradicated, modern piracy has moved to the mainland and pirates have become public drivers.
Send all the drivers of public transport to a special school of education and behavior!

12 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

The assault doesn't matter....only the 'Image of Thailand' !

You got it in one there... prosecute him for damaging the image of Thailand.. never mind the assault charge !!!!

The first slap you could say was a freebie... if he did it again I would have acted in self defense, twisted that pointing finger and inserted it where the sun don't shine!!

13 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Guy does'nt know about an English headbutt.

He would have if he'd done that to me.

That would have brought tears to his eyes.

Would also have made a mess of his nose.

Idiot.

Me to

Sadly this is Thainess. Thai have become very brash, bitter, aggressive and lawless.

'I'm Thai so I can do what I like', attitude.

Thai are mostly racist lacking in respect  for law and order especially toward foreigners who bring a great deal of revenue to Thailand.

They call Thailand  'paradise', I call it unsafe, uncaring, unfair, lawless, expensive, dictatorial, racist modern day Thailand.

The Thai lady deserves credit for standing up to an aggressive hill-billy in- breed, in a prodomently male chauvinistic society, but she is one of just a very few Thai with the guts to do so and to also understand the meaning of right and wrong.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The case would only result in a fine, he said, but the police would make an effort to find the Thai man.

Though he said it might take time.

There's no money in it.

Archived