songkran dates 2020?

Clive

17 hours ago, TomPu said:

Worst time to stay in Thailand. These days you can only stay safe in the hotel room, if you go out, foreigners are preferential victims of attacks almost everywhere, even with ice water or solid ice cubes (Yes: throwing water at someone who does not want it is aggression). The internal repression that the Thais accumulate throughout the year because their social and political constraints, releases it these days, treating foreigners worse than they dare with their own countrymen. Funny people? Crazy people!

Absolute nonsense

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

Its not about "hating life"

Some of us dont like water fights .

Four days of people throwing water over you .

Many Westerners use it as a means to attack people , deliberately firing water into others eyes and ears and targeting people who dont want to play .

Have a water fight if you want , but you must realise that many people dont like to participate .

Do they have Songkran in the UK now? If not you really don't need to comment on something that will not affect you.

I doubt the OP cares as he has said he WANTS to be here for it.

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Biggest festival of the year and it means a lot to people.  I love seeing (and being part of) the traditional aspect of it - yes there is one - and then the unbridalled joy, dancing in the street, silliness and people letting loose and just having a damn old good time.  

Or you can call it a totally stupid holiday for brain dead people and insult an entire nation.  

I agree. How many of the grumpy old farts celebrate the birth of a long dead ( and badly deluded) Jew? That's what I call stupid.

Yeah, yeah all the druids will chime in no doubt.

A lot of people have chosen the wrong country to settle in, in my opinion, if they can't accept the culture.

enjoyed Sonkran one year...wouldnt do it again.  had a great time ...except for the (mostly) farangs that think it is fun to take the tube and hit you in the face while on motorbike. 2,3 days were great...10 days...not so ......the last day (sunday) that was pretty good.  But the last few days...(farangs again) dont know when to stop.  now...I am not there a week before Sonkran stops...I am not a grumpy old man...just getting old...but what fun is it when the farangs ruin it for most people.