Jump to content
BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

EXCLUSIVE: Farang checkout thief who stole 2,000 baht from Thai shopper returns the money - He's British

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, chuang said:

Shame to those who insinuated that she dropped ONLY ONE THOUSAND baht...thai bashing...

None of them insinuated it, they stated it, categorically!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, moe666 said:

God she got her money back, still it doesn't matter weather the guy was a brit, thai, Frenchor american a thief is a thief, if he will steal her money he will steal yours. He just didn't realize he was on the cam.

Yes I think his nationality is fairly irrelevant.  The guy only gave the money back because he was caught stealing it and was afraid of the consequences.  If there was any remorse there he should have given her back at least double the money and a large bunch of flowers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Surasak said:

The headline implies all Brits are thieves. Anyone want to sue for deformation? 

It does not imply that.

 

"Anyone want to sue for deformation?" 

Has someone deformed [sic] you?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Perhaps he told her that he was from Britain.

Of course he would, the first thing you do when you've stolen off someone is to discuss your life history, can you imagine the conversation, 'before I pay you the money I stole off you, can I tell you a little about myself, my name is Olaf and I am from Milton Keynes' 😂😂😂

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thais , in their narrow minded view of the world have an equally narrow minded view of “ farang”. They have no idea of world or race diversity nor critical thinking capabilities. A haven for poor “ farangs”, until Big Joke arrived. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he had been an expat and not a tourist his life could have been turned seriously upside down if the girl wasn’t so forgiving.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, usviphotography said:

Was a wrong thing to do even if he didn't know it clearly belonged to the woman right next to him. I saw a dirty 200,000 dong bill on the side of the road yesterday and just kept walking. Very poor form to pick up money that is no yours and is dangerous and stupid thing to do in a foreign country. 

If you see money lying on the side of the road and just walked past, the next person to come along will just take it.

In the UK I have found a wallet with money and other things in it, so I handed it in to the police, but if I find any decent amount of money lying in the road here in Thailand, I would not hand it into the police for obvious reasons, but no way would I keep it to myself.

Now there's a good topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's so good to so many good honest persons on Thai Visa forum who put him down.

 

Personally I have found money on the street and kept it, I have driven a bike and car over the limit, I have had a few fights, I have bought food knowing it is the wrong price, been under charged for drinks etc and of course paid for the girls, I am just surprised that I am in the minority.

 

Especially when I see all those fat thieving vicious foreigners around spouting how righteous they are!  (not saying there are not some church goers out there!)

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, vogie said:

Of course he would, the first thing you do when you've stolen off someone is to discuss your life history, can you imagine the conversation, 'before I pay you the money I stole off you, can I tell you a little about myself, my name is Olaf and I am from Milton Keynes' 😂😂😂

Did I say that it was the first thing that he blurted out?

Perhaps, during the conversation that they had in which he was very likely to have been very polite due to the circumstances, she asked him where he was from?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pdavies99 said:

It's so good to so many good honest persons on Thai Visa forum who put him down.

 

Personally I have found money on the street and kept it, I have driven a bike and car over the limit, I have had a few fights, I have bought food knowing it is the wrong price, been under charged for drinks etc and of course paid for the girls, I am just surprised that I am in the minority.

 

Especially when I see all those fat thieving vicious foreigners around spouting how righteous they are!  (not saying there are not some church goers out there!)

Perhaps you should read what actually happened in this case.....THEN, you can go back to doing what you do daily, oh slim, smiley, non farang chap........ 😘

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, transam said:

Perhaps you should read what actually happened in this case.....THEN, you can go back to doing what you do daily, oh slim, smiley, non farang chap........ 😘

Big deal..an old man who thought it was his birthday! All I'm saying is that worse happens, get over it!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Did I say that it was the first thing that he blurted out?

Perhaps, during the conversation that they had in which he was very likely to have been very polite due to the circumstances, she asked him where he was from?

The most likely scenario is he spoke english to her, most Thais I guess cannot differentiate english accents from westerners where ever they come from.

Seriously I don't think for one minute she was interested where he came from as long as she got her money back. Unless he stated 'I am British and she said, oh that explains it then'

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Did I say that it was the first thing that he blurted out?

Perhaps, during the conversation that they had in which he was very likely to have been very polite due to the circumstances, she asked him where he was from?

Yes maybe she said  "You hansum man, where you come from".  Wouldn't be the first time those words were uttered in Pattaya 😁

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...