BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

EXCLUSIVE: Farang checkout thief who stole 2,000 baht from Thai shopper returns the money - He's British

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

No.

People from California are not fat thieves..

Except in politics?

• Haha 1

There certainly seems to be a worldwide negativity against Brits nowadays.

I do not know why.

I would suggest telling people you are from Australia. You can probably get away with that.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

I do not know why.

I would suggest telling people you are from Australia. You can probably get away with that.

You are telling people that they should lie ?

• Like 2

So is the bloke English, Welsh, Scots, Irish or given a Brit passport.......😋

47 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I do not know why.

But oh the shame!

51 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I do not know why.

Yes but every time I do an Australian accent I sound like a Pakistani.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But oh the shame!

Whenever I’m talking to a Thai in English I always like to throw in the following words/phrases to cover my tracks:

Cobber
Git er done
Aboot
To be sure, to be sure.
Yer canny wee lad
Throw another tinnie on the barbie

It certainly hides my English heritage but does tend to bring the conversation to an abrupt end !!

Troll posts, off topic posts and flames leading to bickering removed

19 hours ago, justin case said:

for me, he did not steal ...that dumb b. dropped her money, careless...

if brit did not pick it up, someone else would have

give it to the cashier and it is their lucky day...

I wonder how come this footage is giving out to the public without court or police order

Did it ever occur to you that the Brit guy could have easily brought the dropped money to the attention of the lady who dropped it?

Wouldn't that be the right thing to do?

I sure hope I never lose anything in your presence.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BradinAsia said:

Who shoulda locked him up? The police did not get involved at all. He said sorry, returned the cash

and as is usual for Thais, she forgave him. Story finished (fortunately for him).

I don't think Brits are so bad -- most Brits I meet, I understand only about half what they're saying

-- with all their mumbling, problems with rhotic R, etc. If they could just speak clear English...

It was reported to the police, from a non TV source it was quoted that the could not trace him because he did not leave by taxi, it was also stated:

Jeab is now satisfied that the case is over and has dropped her complaint with the Pattaya police.

I suspect they are looking for him on new charges of making them look stupid... 😂

On 6/13/2019 at 9:35 PM, Thaiwrath said:

I predict 30 plus pages of Brit bashing now, par for the course on here, but you cannot tar everyone with the same brush. (From a proud Brit !).

Totally agree, from one who has British Heritage on my fathers side but also proudly Australian

Likewise you cannot tar all Thais will the same brush because of the actions of some individuals, despite what some on this site would have us believe.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:52 PM, Golden Triangle said:

Oh well, after my post on the other thread hoping he wasn't gonna be a Brit I suppose I'll have to suck up (buttercup) all the anti Brit posts for the next few months, but hey that's chuff all new on here, far too many people wanna knock us Brits, I think it's jealousy, but hey, I'm a proud Brit so have your fun people I really don't give a toss. 😎

Not as much as they want to knock the Thais.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vogie said:

Rubbish, he watched her drop it, he stalked her, and when she moved he was like a rat up a drainpipe.

"Floated down from the checkout" being carried by the 'good luck fairies' no doubt.😂😂

...really...take another look.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/13/2019 at 11:22 PM, Golden Triangle said:

Actually I want to ask a serious question, how do we know he is British ? We only have the lady,s word to go on, he may have spoken English but could be from a multitude of different countries, the police were not involved so no sighting of his passport or drivers licence, I mean he could easily come from the USA, NZ, SA, AUS or God forbid even the Isle of Wight......................

May I suggest that he probably belongs on the Isle of Wight in that government building providing free board and lodgings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1