Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

EXCLUSIVE: Farang checkout thief who stole 2,000 baht from Thai shopper returns the money - He's British


Jonathan Fairfield

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, moe666 said:

God she got her money back, still it doesn't matter weather the guy was a brit, thai, Frenchor american a thief is a thief, if he will steal her money he will steal yours. He just didn't realize he was on the cam.

Yes I think his nationality is fairly irrelevant.  The guy only gave the money back because he was caught stealing it and was afraid of the consequences.  If there was any remorse there he should have given her back at least double the money and a large bunch of flowers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Surasak said:

The headline implies all Brits are thieves. Anyone want to sue for deformation? 

It does not imply that.

 

"Anyone want to sue for deformation?" 

Has someone deformed [sic] you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Perhaps he told her that he was from Britain.

Of course he would, the first thing you do when you've stolen off someone is to discuss your life history, can you imagine the conversation, 'before I pay you the money I stole off you, can I tell you a little about myself, my name is Olaf and I am from Milton Keynes' 😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thais , in their narrow minded view of the world have an equally narrow minded view of “ farang”. They have no idea of world or race diversity nor critical thinking capabilities. A haven for poor “ farangs”, until Big Joke arrived. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, usviphotography said:

Was a wrong thing to do even if he didn't know it clearly belonged to the woman right next to him. I saw a dirty 200,000 dong bill on the side of the road yesterday and just kept walking. Very poor form to pick up money that is no yours and is dangerous and stupid thing to do in a foreign country. 

If you see money lying on the side of the road and just walked past, the next person to come along will just take it.

In the UK I have found a wallet with money and other things in it, so I handed it in to the police, but if I find any decent amount of money lying in the road here in Thailand, I would not hand it into the police for obvious reasons, but no way would I keep it to myself.

Now there's a good topic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's so good to so many good honest persons on Thai Visa forum who put him down.

 

Personally I have found money on the street and kept it, I have driven a bike and car over the limit, I have had a few fights, I have bought food knowing it is the wrong price, been under charged for drinks etc and of course paid for the girls, I am just surprised that I am in the minority.

 

Especially when I see all those fat thieving vicious foreigners around spouting how righteous they are!  (not saying there are not some church goers out there!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, vogie said:

Of course he would, the first thing you do when you've stolen off someone is to discuss your life history, can you imagine the conversation, 'before I pay you the money I stole off you, can I tell you a little about myself, my name is Olaf and I am from Milton Keynes' 😂😂😂

Did I say that it was the first thing that he blurted out?

Perhaps, during the conversation that they had in which he was very likely to have been very polite due to the circumstances, she asked him where he was from?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pdavies99 said:

It's so good to so many good honest persons on Thai Visa forum who put him down.

 

Personally I have found money on the street and kept it, I have driven a bike and car over the limit, I have had a few fights, I have bought food knowing it is the wrong price, been under charged for drinks etc and of course paid for the girls, I am just surprised that I am in the minority.

 

Especially when I see all those fat thieving vicious foreigners around spouting how righteous they are!  (not saying there are not some church goers out there!)

Perhaps you should read what actually happened in this case.....THEN, you can go back to doing what you do daily, oh slim, smiley, non farang chap........ 😘

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, transam said:

Perhaps you should read what actually happened in this case.....THEN, you can go back to doing what you do daily, oh slim, smiley, non farang chap........ 😘

Big deal..an old man who thought it was his birthday! All I'm saying is that worse happens, get over it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pdavies99 said:

Big deal..an old man who thought it was his birthday! All I'm saying is that worse happens, get over it!

I don't have to get over anything, in life worse happens but excusing an a__hole because worse happens is incredibly daft....But you carry on until you are taken..

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Did I say that it was the first thing that he blurted out?

Perhaps, during the conversation that they had in which he was very likely to have been very polite due to the circumstances, she asked him where he was from?

The most likely scenario is he spoke english to her, most Thais I guess cannot differentiate english accents from westerners where ever they come from.

Seriously I don't think for one minute she was interested where he came from as long as she got her money back. Unless he stated 'I am British and she said, oh that explains it then'

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Did I say that it was the first thing that he blurted out?

Perhaps, during the conversation that they had in which he was very likely to have been very polite due to the circumstances, she asked him where he was from?

Yes maybe she said  "You hansum man, where you come from".  Wouldn't be the first time those words were uttered in Pattaya 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Estrada said:

He should still leave Thailand immediately before he gets arrested for Lese Majeste for stepping on the KIng's portrait on the 1,000 Baht notes.

Not that old chestnut!

I keep hearing it bandied about, and very occasionally a Thai makes a slight fuss where a note is handled. But they are also kept in wallets on my rear end and coins jangle around with other items. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, evadgib said:

I have been half expecting it too 😁

“To be born English is to win first prize in the lottery of life.”

 

Rudyard Kipling

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, vogie said:

The most likely scenario is he spoke english to her, most Thais I guess cannot differentiate english accents from westerners where ever they come from.

Seriously I don't think for one minute she was interested where he came from as long as she got her money back. Unless he stated 'I am British and she said, oh that explains it then'

"The most likely scenario is he spoke english to her"

 

Why is that more likely?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I apologize here to Khun Jeab and perhaps TV for being overly cynical when the 20 baht became 1000 baht, then 2000 baht, which seemed to flutter down to the ground in an unlikely way. 

Not the first time I have been overly or wrongly cynical. 

 

7 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

I need to apologize, too!

Two reasonable posters, 25 others to go!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

You made the assumption that the bus driver was as dishonest as you and therefore decided to steal it first. 

He could have handed it in to the police, but that would be even worse than giving it to the driver.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

"The most likely scenario is he spoke english to her"

 

Why is that more likely?

Because it makes more sense than your interpretation. Perpetrators and victims are not usually interested each others private lives.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Actually I want to ask a serious question, how do we know he is British ? We only have the lady,s word to go on, he may have spoken English but could be from a multitude of different countries, the police were not involved so no sighting of his passport or drivers licence, I mean he could easily come from the USA, NZ, SA, AUS or God forbid even the Isle of Wight......................

Even Scotland.😲

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JamJar said:

Where is Bazle? Just interested in why he tried to convince everyone, on more than one forum, that the money came from the Brit.

Where are the other 25 members, with seemingly nothing better to do than cast aspersions and Thai-bash, who have gone very quiet today?  Maybe they're busy composing the apologies they should be posting. 

 

HenrikAndersen, Berybert, Scouse123, Hey Hey Hey, to name a few, in no particular order, for starters, where are you all?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I predict 30 plus pages of Brit bashing now, par for the course on here, but you cannot tar everyone with the same brush. (From a proud Brit !).

Yes - the headline seems to take great pleasure in pointing out that the "fat geezer" was a Brit.

 

How's about someone fining him for damaging the image of Britain, or adding him to a "Brits Behaving Badly" list. It seems that in this case the adverse publicity has had the desired effect:- "I asked him about being shamed on social media but he didn't respond. I think that he saw himself or people who know him saw him on the video." And he probably doesn't know what a "wai" is - probably thinks it's a question! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

for me, he did not steal ...that dumb b. dropped her money, careless...

 

if brit did not pick it up, someone else would have

 

give it to the cashier and it is their lucky day...

 

I wonder how come this footage is giving out to the public without court or police order

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, justin case said:

for me, he did not steal ...that dumb b. dropped her money, careless...

 

if brit did not pick it up, someone else would have

 

give it to the cashier and it is their lucky day...

 

I wonder how come this footage is giving out to the public without court or police order

Same ilk eh....:whistling:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...