Brexit supporter Johnson far ahead in contest to replace British PM

webfact

On 6/14/2019 at 2:10 AM, blazes said:

Good.  We're on the right track now.....

He could get squeezed, those who voted for him in the first ballot do not have to in the next round and now the focus will be on who comes second, many of his supporters may well turn to supporting a hardliner to keep out a moderate candidate.

tortoise-and-the-hare-race-image_orig.jpg.e9764763dcd273dd30bd4103cc5b1d65.jpg  

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

If in the future Boris were to be a backbench MP, and that were his only income, he would've given himself a big tax cut, also for his backbench mates.

"If" 

So let me see if I've got this cunning plan of yours right, Boris, once he's pm, passes a law giving a 20% tax cut to people earning between 50-80k and then in order to be able to claim this himself, he then quits his post as pm earning 150k in order to benefit from this tax cut? Of course, that also supposes that he doesn't go back to writing a newspaper column on 250k a year in addition to his salary as an mp.

"If"  ????

31 minutes ago, nahkit said:

"If" 

So let me see if I've got this cunning plan of yours right, Boris, once he's pm, passes a law giving a 20% tax cut to people earning between 50-80k and then in order to be able to claim this himself, he then quits his post as pm earning 150k in order to benefit from this tax cut? Of course, that also supposes that he doesn't go back to writing a newspaper column on 250k a year in addition to his salary as an mp.

"If"  ????

Tax cuts for the wealthier, tax rises for the poorer, very Tory of him. also, Is he really the best that the Tories can come up with? He comes with lots of "baggage".

I don't believe he will be PM for very long, and that's if he wins rather than Hunt, I think there'll be a general election in the autumn where the Tories will be toast. I voted Tory, a very long time ago, never again.

21 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The 'footsie' (FTSE) is UP from around 6700 at the start of 2019 to around 7400 now. And the FTSE generally will go in the opposite direction to the pound, i.e. pound falls, FTSE rises. 

Who is crap spewing? ????

the ftse was 7000 on 12/12/1999 its barely moved in 19 years,does anything in the UK rise these days? Great Britain my backside,my dad was right years ago when he told me there's nothing great about it.

2 hours ago, nahkit said:

"If" 

"If"  ????

Boris voted for Mays deal at the 3rd attempt,he will barely get any changes to it although its possible but one thing we know is MPs wont allow a no deal,so its still Boris's only chance otherwise he will be gone before xmas and replaced with another remainer and the next remainer will revoke A50

Just now, BritManToo said:

Nah, I used to compare Amazon USA, Amazon UK, Amazon Germany and AliExpress before buying.

Germany always worked out most expensive for price and for shipping.

poor brits cannot afford to shop in germany these days,never mind those germans will soon be flooding to dover in their passat estates to shop at lidl and aldi,how ironic ????  

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Not sure why you think that.

Shipping costs from China or the USA are usually cheaper than from Germany.

Can't see that Europe has anything that the UK can't source cheaper from the rest of the world.

Multiculturalism is a failed experiment, the lower quality culture always drag standards down to their primitive level. Cultures need to be kept strictly separated, or your home country will be destroyed.

Interesting reason for Brexit.

Question is if the rest of the world will trade with you since they have agreements with the EU? I forgot, you got an agreement with Faroe Islands. 

But isn't it a bit late to "keep cultures separate"? All those folks from Commonwealth countries who are now Brit. nationals but have nothing in common with your culture. Thinking of e.g. India  Pakistan, Bangladesh and West Indies to name a few.

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nah, I used to compare Amazon USA, Amazon UK, Amazon Germany and AliExpress before buying.

Germany always worked out most expensive for price and for shipping.

Consider exchange rate. 

On 6/14/2019 at 2:19 PM, BritManToo said:

Multiculturalism is a failed experiment, the lower quality culture always drag standards down to their primitive level. Cultures need to be kept strictly separated, or your home country will be destroyed.

a lot of the Issan/pattaya/samui public might agree with you,slobs in singha vesta/england shirts rolling around drunk and fighting,keep them separated ????   the thai's might build a wall and take back control ????

On 6/14/2019 at 12:03 PM, Andrew65 said:

This report is from the Daily Telegraph, his current employer:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/london-mayor-election/mayor-of-london/10490792/Take-the-IQ-quiz-that-Boris-Johnson-failed.html

Boris Johnson has admitted that IQ is not the “only measure of ability” after failing to give a single correct answer when he was tested.

The Mayor of London said in a speech that 16% of "our species" had an IQ of less than 85 and just 2% over 130 before adding "the harder you shake the pack, the easier it will be for some cornflakes to get to the top.”

The comments lead to criticism that he viewed human beings as “a breed of dogs.” However when he was given his own IQ test on his regular LBC Radio slot “Ask Boris” he did not give a single correct answer to the questions put to him.

Clearly unhappy to answer the questions by presenter Nick Ferrari Mr Johnson was combative in his answers. Asked how many apples he would have if he took two apples from three apples, the Mayor replied: "You've got loads of apples mate, you've got one apple left."

Mr Ferrari replied: "You say you've got one apple? You haven't, you've got two apples."

He added: “You didn't get any of the IQ questions right so who are you to lecture about IQ, Mr Mayor?"

"No one has said that IQ is the only measure of ability but what I have been saying repeatedly is that our system is letting down people who do have ability and could do much better," Mr Johnson replied.

Senior members of the coalition have been quick to distance themselves from Mr Johnson’s comments in his speech last week at the Margaret Thatcher lecture

Is that a standard IQ question or a sleight of hand, trick question?

The answer would be obvious to anyone with experience of IQ tests or to a presenter with questions and answers in front of him. But to people in the real world perhaps not.

6 hours ago, bomber said:

the ftse was 7000 on 12/12/1999 its barely moved in 19 years,does anything in the UK rise these days? Great Britain my backside,my dad was right years ago when he told me there's nothing great about it.

Great Britain is the name of an island comprised of (besides a number of extra  bits) England, Scotland and Wales.

Bomber which country would you or your dad prefer to the UK?

Say what you want about Boris, but I bet he would never tweet that he met the Prince of "Whales".  So just remember that it could always be worse...

Off topic, how does a whale become a prince anyway?  Must have really stumped Trump who is a blowhard himself and probably thought he was going to meet a kindred spirit.

36 minutes ago, rott said:

Great Britain is the name of an island comprised of (besides a number of extra  bits) England, Scotland and Wales.

Bomber which country would you or your dad prefer to the UK?

saying it wasnt great anymore doesnt mean to say he wanted to emigrate,he did toy with the idea of aussie for a while tho,he's too old to move now,but iam not ????  btw how are you enjoying living in thailand

Not sure why you think that.
Shipping costs from China or the USA are usually cheaper than from Germany.
Can't see that Europe has anything that the UK can't source cheaper from the rest of the world.

So basically you are a racist and somehow have a notion that Britain will return to when the sun never set on the empire, and the "lower cultures" put back in their place.

a_british_man_gets_a_pedicure_from_an_indian_servant.jpg_1718483346.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 hours ago, bomber said:

saying it wasnt great anymore doesnt mean to say he wanted to emigrate,he did toy with the idea of aussie for a while tho,he's too old to move now,but iam not ????  btw how are you enjoying living in thailand

Loving it. I thought I was having it good for a while in Liverpool, Manchester, South  Africa, Rhodesia and London but this place beats them all.

When I was a young man you could within reason go anywhere worth going to but Aus was a bit far and Canada too cold.

You here full time? "

But you never answered my question, where is better than the UK?

And another, does anywhere qualify as great? I can't think of anywhere offhand everywhere is flawed somehow.

3 hours ago, rott said:

Loving it. I thought I was having it good for a while in Liverpool, Manchester, South  Africa, Rhodesia and London but this place beats them all.

When I was a young man you could within reason go anywhere worth going to but Aus was a bit far and Canada too cold.

You here full time? "

But you never answered my question, where is better than the UK?

And another, does anywhere qualify as great? I can't think of anywhere offhand everywhere is flawed somehow.

Liverpool ???? and manchester/london how i envy,you state only good for a while? what hapened? as for better than the UK,probably 50-70% of the planet,money no object probably st tropez,marbella,monaco,singapore,miami,bermuda,barbados,  no iam in the UK for the next few months then off to that dictatorship nation run by unelected criminals called the EU ????????

Well I have been to St Trop, Monaco and Singapore, OK but rather have here or London.

Have you actually been to any of the others? They were places everyone dreamt of years ago when pretty much nobody had been anywhere, don't hear of people dreaming of them now.

14 minutes ago, tebee said:

Borris's report from eton - nothing seems to have changed

D9HdY_IWwAA5_4b.jpg

Better than any of my reports, the best I ever got was "the improvement in his handwriting has revealed his inability to spell"

The Telegraph.

Archived