Why do Thai people ask my GF how much $ I send her?

Elkski

2 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

I wouldn't consider yourself a serious partner with this person unless you're physically living together.  i pray for you man.  I hope this girl hasn't conned you the way I have been conned by so many of them.  This is the exact reason why I gave up on love in SE asia.  I hate being a walking ATM.  I am a real man with feelings and thoughts and hobbies, as you point out, of my own.  I'm nobodys pay day. 

After reading further posts you answered 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Elkski said:

It just seemed weird to ask how much does your Foreigner boyfriend send each month?  It's like a measure of how good of a boyfriend did you catch.  Why don't they ask how good the sex is or how nice he is or something else?

Has it occurred to you that your GF's friends never asked her that?  She's saying they asked her because she doesn't want you to think that she's even thinking about it, but would like you to consider sending her money.

5 minutes ago, luk AJ said:

Yes, this is your side of the story...
So you were scammed 2 times?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I married a bar girl from wanchai.  Wanchai bar girl got here and used me as a dormitory and ATM while she went to university and get her greencard.  Greencard came, she turned openly hateful, and GTFO.  A few years later, I married an esan girl who was very good at hiding her status as a former bargirl and CURRENT FREELANCER.  This girl stole thousands from me.  Yes, twice.  I'm not interested in real dating or marriage anymore.  Not ever.  I don't trust ANYONE, especially any female under 50.

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Has it occurred to you that your GF's friends never asked her that?  She's saying they asked her because she doesn't want you to think that she's even thinking about it, but would like you to consider sending her money.

Bingo.  The best girls at doing this are the ones who don't just say "hey give me 3000 baht".  They know how to work it.  "You know, my friend, her fiance send her money for wedding clothes.  He so nice".  "You know, papa his knee no good!  Papa need to go to hospital.  Papa he poor.  I dont know what to do!"  "My sister, she not good!  She quit taking university class!  She say she need go back work at factory.  She has no money."  They will invent the best stories and even get other family members and thais to fill in and act the part so the story sounds more credible.  They will stop at NOTHING.  Thailand - land of scams

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

I have seen her five different times in the last 18 months.  She has a regular job in the medical industry not high up in the pay scale but not the poorest bloke in the world. She has no debt, but also no assets. She is over the hill , over 40,  but still very beautiful and unbelievably I was her first boyfriend.............Why don't they ask how good the sex is? 

Haha - well, according to you, she has not had anyone to compare "how good the sex is" 

Good luck sir....wish I had had a job where I could travel for 2-3 weeks 5 times in 18 months. 

11 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

....... They know how to work it.  "You know, my friend, her fiance send her money for wedding clothes.  He so nice".  "You know, papa his knee no good!  Papa need to go to hospital.  Papa he poor.  I dont know what to do!"  "My sister, she not good!  She quit taking university class!  She say she need go back work at factory.  She has no money."  They will invent the best stories and even get other family members and thais to fill in and act the part so the story sounds more credible.  ......

Hmmm, you forgot the ...... Buffalo is Sick....

Thailand, land of scam?

For us farang but surely not for Thai between them.
If a Thai girl lets herself ask for money from her "kik" or even her husband, he will answer: you only have to work or find yourself a "kik" farang who will believe the bullshit that you go tell him: your dad has to go to the hospital or the buffalo is sick ..
Most of the farang who arrive here are so convinced of their sex appeal, of their financial superiority that they are systematically <deleted>.
It is well done for them;
that they begin to try to understand this other culture, this other mentality, this writing and language so different from theirs ... and then they will open their eyes .. can be a little bit.

It should not be forgotten that marriage here has nothing to do with marriage as we understand it in the West.
99% of the Thai are married in the village and not in the town hall;
in fact they are in concubinage;
moreover, many guys run away from their "kik" finds herself pregnant and whatever the age of the girl;
to meet the needs of the BB the girl does not have thirty six solutions especially that most of them have not been to the university so can not find a real job.

Is it really so bad as most here appear? I have seen both sides, and now 3. Year in to my relationship, it is all up to me. The whole relationship is based on what I want, but I do alot for her as well, and her family. I like to say I invest in the future, but I do not know if its going to last in to the future, but I think thats up to me. She is dedicated, and easy going, not to much drama, and have small needs when it comes to the economic sides of it. Everything we do together, and no big surprises yet. But I know where she coming from, and I guess trough her history she learned a hard lesson or two. Enough to land safely and know what she need, and want. 

1 minute ago, watcharacters said:

Where did you read this?

Well, my gf´s and my x wife told me, so I believed them. And they really have served me well. Some more than others, and some was better in kitchen than others, while the others was better in bedroom, and some not all any place, but if I never had one who was extremely good at both.

One cannot generalize there are many good Thai gals but odds are very small you will find them in a bar or gogo or a freelancer hiding her identity.  What the hell do you expect if running around with hookers?  It's like hanging out with strippers and hookers back home and then complaining to everyone that the gals are not genuine.  Screw your head on straight and things can change.  As per the guys who have been fleeced I feel sorry for them as many of these gals are simply atm assassins. 

Another thing to note is that a very high number of gals actually working regular jobs are freelancing whether it is posting online or going to a bar or nightclub.  They go out to have fun and if they can pocket a couple grand in the process a great majority will do this.  Many Thais grow up with the idea that keeping face outweighs any lies so you better be aware of this.  Best to do some digging and find out what is going on before any commitment.  As per someone posting a 40 year old thai gal has never dated sounds like more of the "tell them what they want to hear" bs we get here.

4 hours ago, Elkski said:

her co-workers and friends only asked how much money do I send her each month. 

They want to know how much of a cheap charlie you are or if their farang boyfriends are cheap charlies

I am constantly reminded how much her friends husband gives her friend, subsequently i constantly remind her that how ever much he gives her she spends it it all on gambling and the lottery and therefore refuse to fall into that trap.

Whilst also reminding her that she has more than twice the wages of anyone in the village

Status is a strange thing here and if they see someone else doing something they have to be seen to be able to do the same

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems talking about how much money people "earn" is not unusual with Thais.

Thai's? fact is most are interested in how much others earn, the web is full of rich lists, search "rich list" into google there are over a billion "hits", not only Thai's, only natural it seems for us poorer folks wanting to know how much better off other's are.

3 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

I can tell you this with about 70% percent accuracy.. Don't ask me where I get these figures.  Its just life experience.. But with 70% accuracy, if you aren't there, and you are sending her money every month, you ARE NOT the only man in the picture.  Think about this, if you could work in a factory or a restaurant, and have 5-6 (or more) send you western union transfers every month, wouldn't that be enticing?  You're getting maybe 400-700 baht per day in your stupid little job, if you're lucky.  Farang man a sends you 10,000 baht per month, farang b sends 6000 baht per month, farang c 3000 baht.  Suddenly salary is 40,000, or whatever.  And it can continue to grow, just add more farangs.  Listen to me, I hate to be a bad guy, rambo cupid killer, etc.  Its just the cold hard truth about Thailand.  I wouldn't consider yourself a serious partner with this person unless you're physically living together.  i pray for you man.  I hope this girl hasn't conned you the way I have been conned by so many of them.  This is the exact reason why I gave up on love in SE asia.  I hate being a walking ATM.  I am a real man with feelings and thoughts and hobbies, as you point out, of my own.  I'm nobodys pay day.  All of the gold digger witches can bugger off themselves.

Best of luck.

They now have mobile Phones and with it is a camera the boyfriend can see

if his girl is back in the Village, and the farang who leaves his GF in Pattaya/Phuket or any major Farang plenty place is in a queue not a relationship. Sorry . 

The best defence against the kind of heartache I went through more than once is just not to get too serious with any Southeast Asian woman.  Its difficult enough with most young girls thesedays in the west.  Materialism culture and vapid greed out the wazoo everywhere, you know.  Young women are looking at men as nothing more than walking ATMs.  Unfortunately the obsession with money is even worse in SE Asia than it is in the West, probably in part because the majority in SE Asia never had money.  So when they see a European face, the first thing on most young women's minds is going to be first and foremost MONEY and what kind of life you will be able to enable she and her family with.  Unfortunately, this is not love.  But they are in love with something and this is where it gets tricky and you can be fooled easily.  They LOVE THE LIFESTYLE AND MONEY YOU PROVIDE THEM.  So many of these ladies will be able to whole-heartily cry their little eyes out at the hint that you might leave them.  They're not crying because they're losing you, though, they're crying over the lost 60, 70, 80k+ baht you were bringing to their feet every month.  I got suckered this way in both instances.  I'll never go back to Thailand again.  I'm over it.  Philippines?  Okay, but I'm not getting into any serious relationships there either.  Too much risk.

10 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

I'll never go back to Thailand again.  I'm over it.  Philippines?  Okay, but I'm not getting into any serious relationships there either.  Too much risk.

Well, who to blaim? A whole country, because of your own mistakes and experience? 

Well, it is as simple as you get shot by a police man in USA, because he thought you where going for your gun, but you only wanted to show him your driverlicense in your wallet which was in your pocket, and you did not listening to the warning he already give you about keeping your arms where he could see them. 

Everyone coming to Thailand, do get all information as a newbie first day, first week, and also see and hear all the stories. Even read the bible Thai fever, but still manage to f... up big time. 

2 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

They're not crying because they're losing you, though, they're crying over the lost 60, 70, 80k+ baht you were bringing to their feet every month.  I got suckered this way in both instances.  I'll never go back to Thailand again.  I'm over it. {snipped}

How much?

Are there really guys giving this sort of money to their 'girlfriend' every month - just to support them?

Shirley you cannot be serious?

Having run a GoGo Bar in the past, I'm well aware of the money guys were sending, but never had a dancer saying they had anywhere near that amount sent by a guy.

We had stories from broken hearted customers of how they'd sent large amounts to build a house - which were supported by photos of the house being built as the monthly payments were received. Once the house was completed was when the girl moved her Thai husband in and told the sponsor to eff off.

17 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

Young women are looking at men as nothing more than walking ATMs.  Unfortunately the obsession with money is even worse in SE Asia than it is in the West,

Female greed is the same, in the west enabled by our own governments and justice system.

How many of us had a relationship in the west that ended with her saying, "You paid for the house so you can keep it".

At least in Asia they actually have to bang you for it.

39 minutes ago, CGW said:

Thai's? fact is most are interested in how much others earn, the web is full of rich lists, search "rich list" into google there are over a billion "hits", not only Thai's, only natural it seems for us poorer folks wanting to know how much better off other's are.

Really?

I never looked at any of the rich lists. Who cares how many million actor X or CEO Y gets.

But I am interested in "normal" people's earnings. Some get less than I expected and some a lot more than I thought.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

I never looked at any of the rich lists. Who cares how many million actor X or CEO Y gets.

But I am interested in "normal" people's earnings. Some get less than I expected and some a lot more than I thought.

I check regularly in case I might just have appeared on there.

I'll try again next week.

39 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I check regularly in case I might just have appeared on there.

I'll try again next week.

Im sure I met you before and I bought you a beer, because your Hi So lady went off with your Lamborgini with your money and cards in it. You where a former CIA agent, that run a drug cartell, and startet your carrier as a hitman before arrested by FBI and sent off the CIA school? Right? 

????

Im also thinking about all those guys coming here, and make the thai girls life a hell as well, some thai girls brake down a good farang or two on their way to a better life, but there is enough idiots who make them like that as thai men as falangs. 

A long distance relationship can be difficult in any country. Many men make payments to their g.f. as if it is some kind of insurance that their g.f. will be faithful. The man forgets that a woman has a sex drive of her own whether she is a bar girl or a bank manageress. How many of these absent men are actually faithful themselves?

4 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

Thai ask many questions that I would never ask in the west.  Questions like, "How old are you?" How much money do you have?" , "How much do you weigh?" etc. The call you fat, short, etc. They don't mean any insult at all. If I don't want to answer I don't or make something up like "I'm 50+ or older than you, so you can call me "pee".

If they ask about money, I reply indirectly like, It's too much for me but not enough for her".

BTW When people ask where are you going or where have you been, it not being nosey. It means they care. We ask "How are you?" Which is a way to say I care about you.

Or the classic one...  "Have you Eaten"? or "Have you taken your Lunch/Dinner" (used to be more or less the 1st thing I'd be greeted with in the Philippines) 

4 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

Money is the basis of 95%+ at least of Thai-farang relationships.

She works?  My advice?  STOP SENDING ANY MONEY.  She's strong and able bodied and if she can't take care of herself, its a scam, and not worth it.

Be careful with SE asian women.  I am a walking example of what can happen.  If you want to talk more, message me.  I have some stories that will make you cry.

IMO, it's not only in Thailand and I'd set the number even higher.

Why sending money to a woman who's together with other men while the OP isn't there? And that's for 99.9 % sure.

I've answered letters for friends of my bargirl friend many moons ago and it was truly amazing how naive many people are.

"Me go back to village, me love you so much, I kill meself you not come back. I miss you 2 much and all that stuff. Tirac, my mom had a heartatatckn ow in hospital if you no help me I must work bar.

There are plenty of people who write such letters near bars, usually not for free. It wasn't fun to do it, but after knowing them for a couple of years, I just did them a favor.

You can't buy the love of a bargirl, nor any other girls, no matter what they're doing.

Archived