Why do Thai people ask my GF how much $ I send her?

Elkski

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

Money is the basis of 95%+ at least of Thai-farang relationships.

yeah.....never the basis of  farang/farang relationships.  UNTIL THE DIVORCE

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Having run a GoGo Bar in the past, I'm well aware of the money guys were sending, but never had a dancer saying they had anywhere near that amount sent by a guy.

In the late eighties early nineties I was a regular in a Bangkok bar, I knew the girls well & they used to ask me to read their letters (explanation: a archaic form of communication) it used to surprise me back then how many were receiving money from punters they had only met with a few times, there's always been suckers!

1 minute ago, CGW said:

In the late eighties early nineties I was a regular in a Bangkok bar, I knew the girls well & they used to ask me to read their letters (explanation: a archaic form of communication) it used to surprise me back then how many were receiving money from punters they had only met with a few times, there's always been suckers!

It's a bit like marriage in the west.

You get married thinking you're gonna bang her every night, she bangs you once a month for a year or two and departs with your house, savings and pension.

The bar girls are way better value for money no matter how much you send them.

6 hours ago, simon43 said:

I guess you're not living in Thailand are you?

They want to know how much money you send her so that they can compare the amount with how much her other foreign 'Johns' send her ????

It baffles me why the OP even had to ask the question?

7 hours ago, Elkski said:

And I want to chastise all you retards who have sent so much money to your girlfriend's every month and ruined it for the rest of us.   

Its a question of perception .. I usually remind mine of how lucky they really are to cop for a Westerner .. She usually wants some money to listen to it but hey it seems to work as its been 10 yrs now .. Off and on .. 

37 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You get married thinking you're gonna bang her every night, she bangs you once a month for a year or two and departs with your house, savings and pension.

Reminds me of the "Foreplay" two hours of begging.................

Which is why IMO there are so many "suckers" they come out of such lousy relationships that they are amazed there is someone who treats them decently, they don't care if they throw away a few $ worth it for the empathy from a fellow human that is generally been lacking in their lives.

It's not only Thailand;   In Indonesia taxi drivers or even complete strangers would fire a series of questions at me on the bus, the train, in a taxi.  "Where are you from?"  "What is your religion?  "What is your salary?"   "How much rent do you pay?.   

They rarely got a straight answer and they didn't like me asking them similar questions.

4 hours ago, Elkski said:

actually that is my plan to get a condo and live together for two or three months and see how that goes before we decide anything more but I have already done this for 1 + 3 weeks many times

No offense, but you should change the the "months" to years.

Unfortunately,  no matter how long you are with them,  you are always a 'customer' in their eyes.  Even the non-p4p Thai ladies look at things this way.  They can't or won't tell their Thai friends that I get little or nothing monthly but I stay with him because I love him.  Different culture, different people. If they tell their Thai family/friends that they get nothing monthly then the usually reply is "why you want to stay with farng?".  It doesn't make them bad or evil, just different than their western counterparts.  Just my opinion. Maybe yours is different.  lol.

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

Its a question of perception .. I usually remind mine of how lucky they really are to cop for a Westerner .. She usually wants some money to listen to it but hey it seems to work as its been 10 yrs now .. Off and on .. 

i don't understand.  Is  "cop"  short for copulation ?   ???? 

4 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

Prostitutes are prostitutes.

ALL of the bar girl/street girl/freelancer girl types I have met through the years in Thailand were motivated with nothing but pure greed.  Most of their friends were back home in Khon Kaen just barely scraping it buy, with Thai husbands, who were also barely scraping it by.  But they were barely scraping by with dignity.

These girls were sometimes making more money than I was, these Esan Farang bloodsucker types.  I'm talking bar girls making over 100,000 baht a month.  The smart ones stashed it all away in bank accounts.  The foolish ones spent it all on clothes, cosmetics, motorcycles, cars, you really name it.  I was actually foolish enough to MARRY two of these type of girls, and I was taken to the cleaners both times.  Literally SCAMMED, going beyond just simple violations of trust and infidelity.  I'm talking romance fraud.

There's some real nasties out there.  They don't have my sympathy.  None of them do.  I grew up poor too and I never tried to scam anyone.  I'm sorry.

are you bitter ?   are you now single?     or have you learned and made a better choice when choosing a gf ?  i think many of us posting have had the bargirl  gf  experience ,  then moved on to finding a better alternative

A 80 years old friend of my father told me once many decades ago: Son, wife is the most expensive prostitute in a life, remember that when you"ll put your John in the hole. Now on the right side of 50"s I know, what he meant. ????  Dating a bar girl or any poor SE girl isn't relationship, it is renting. If you fall in love, you done. But is still cheaper that a marriage. Have friends whose wives (western) tidied up their accounts and took houses, cars etc.

Many expats live in a dream to meet a young sexy Thai girl in a library, with own successful business. Why would she need a old whining farang whose day is ruined if he has to pay more than 60thb for a bottle of beer? The more ugly, fat, old you are more you pay. Its not different in the west, guys with big bucks have young attractive girls around.

Yes, but my girl is different....????????

2 hours ago, how241 said:

Unfortunately,  no matter how long you are with them,  you are always a 'customer' in their eyes.  Even the non-p4p Thai ladies look at things this way.  They can't or won't tell their Thai friends that I get little or nothing monthly but I stay with him because I love him.  Different culture, different people. If they tell their Thai family/friends that they get nothing monthly then the usually reply is "why you want to stay with farng?".  It doesn't make them bad or evil, just different than their western counterparts.  Just my opinion. Maybe yours is different.  lol.

I think this is the best response to the OP question.   Support= love.   Stability and support for her and mom.   

I think there are some very conservative, women with good morals in Thailand. 

Thanks for all the love life advice guys but nothing I haven't read before.   

The beer bin Thailand is not very good.  It's so nice to return home to a great selection of IPA's for under 90 baht at the store. 

Senor frog it seems you have played with two bar girls and they won. Didn't  you read all the dangers first.  Okay with fire get burned.    I'm sure PH bar  girls are different.  Not!  

Elk

10 minutes ago, Bezdomny said:

A 80 years old friend of my father told me once many decades ago: Son, wife is the most expensive prostitute in a life, remember that when you"ll put your John in the hole. Now on the right side of 50"s I know, what he meant. ????  Dating a bar girl or any poor SE girl isn't relationship, it is renting. If you fall in love, you done. But is still cheaper that a marriage. Have friends whose wives (western) tidied up their accounts and took houses, cars etc.

Many expats live in a dream to meet a young sexy Thai girl in a library, with own successful business. Why would she need a old whining farang whose day is ruined if he has to pay more than 60thb for a bottle of beer? The more ugly, fat, old you are more you pay. Its not different in the west, guys with big bucks have young attractive girls around.

Yes, but my girl is different....????????

Am sure we all feel thoroughly enlightened by your post...????

Bet you are single and live in a caravan...????

9 hours ago, Tayaout said:

So how much did you send her? 

Nobody is asking this to my wife. Only 1 time in some YouTube comment someone asked how much I bought her. 

Yes it's very common, nomal, not rude to ask other Thais what their salary is, etc.

But how many honest answers are given. Inflating salary etc., is human nature, anywhere. 

37 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I think this is the best response to the OP question.   Support= love.   Stability and support for her and mom.   

I think there are some very conservative, women with good morals in Thailand. 

Thanks for all the love life advice guys but nothing I haven't read before.   

The beer bin Thailand is not very good.  It's so nice to return home to a great selection of IPA's for under 90 baht at the store. 

Senor frog it seems you have played with two bar girls and they won. Didn't  you read all the dangers first.  Okay with fire get burned.    I'm sure PH bar  girls are different.  Not!  

Elk

of course there all the same its like saying thieves are different. a thief is a thief and a bar girl is a bar girl. if you swim in a sewer you will only come across rats and low life people with no morals, principals and values. i have met and dated some wonderful beautiful Thai ladies but never met them in a bar or a sewer. i also have a lot more going for me than the average farang here so im sure that helps.

4 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

of course there all the same its like saying thieves are different. a thief is a thief and a bar girl is a bar girl. if you swim in a sewer you will only come across rats and low life people with no morals, principals and values. i have met and dated some wonderful beautiful Thai ladies but never met them in a bar or a sewer. i also have a lot more going for me than the average farang here so im sure that helps.

Amazing how many TV threads get converted to threads about bar grls / marrying bar girls etc. 

Archived