Accused Christchurch gunman pleads not guilty to all charges in New Zealand court

webfact

I have no sympathy or anything for this low life mass murderer but I spent 13 years of my life trying to prevent people like this hurting let alone killing anyone in Society. only to see them Acquitted on technicalities because their rights as an Accused were abused. Due process must seen and observed to be done correctly. Every mistake made by the prosecution, Every infringement of his rights under law. Give a Silk mouthed Quick thinking lawyer a means to get their Client acquitted. 

Your emotional out burst and rage may be warranted but it is due process that Convicts Criminals. When you Circumvent the law or break it in acts of revenge you unravel the system and at the end of the Day it is the justice system that must convict him. I hope he gets 663 years of maximum Security. But justice must prevail And political Acts and Jail yard attacks may only lead to this Lowly Individual getting out with a lesser Sentence.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO a massive mistake to charge him with terrorism. Apparently the statute has never been used before, and a good lawyer can use it to confuse the issue.

He's going to jail for a while regardless, so adding something not necessary does not enhance the trial. IMO it's just more grandstanding.

In a country that pretends the gangs are not a problem worthy of doing something effective about, it's hard to take the government's stated position about this guy seriously. The gangs kill way more people than he did with the filth they sell to addicts.

I agree and How many of them get off with lesser sentences because of bungled prosecutions and Good lawyers

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No we won't agree on conviction without procedure.

I think in some posters' case, it's more of a country/topic related position.

"Lock her up! Lock her up!" might ring a bell.

Archived