BANGKOK
webfact

British expat and Hua Hin bar owner arrested on eight year overstay

His passport expired in 2011. Why did he not ask for a new passport at the embassy ? Only explanation he is wanted in the UK for something. 

Studio_20190614_085307.png.f1c131fe1bcd4bb27c340acb96677f08.png&key=4a7c9047f49b48c51038c7e72118bf77254a809633e19226f68cabdf882ca541
Nonsense

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

Nonsense

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think bye 2011 he couldn't get new passport from the embassy in Bangkok they moved it to Hong Kong 

30 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I think bye 2011 he couldn't get new passport from the embassy in Bangkok they moved it to Hong Kong 

That's right, you simply sent the application off to Hong Kong with DHL and they returned it via DHL.

It was much easier to renew a passport back then when it was handled in Hong Kong. I did it myself in 2011.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I can sympathise with anyone who has lost their partner, but it is still no excuse for such an overstay. He must have had some moments of clarity in 8 years. 

He may well have gone into depression but he had enough wits about him to keep running the BAR plus, anyone with a Brain , knows that an expired PASSPORT is a recipe for disaster outside your home country. Sorry he gets ZERO sympathy from me. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, balo said:

His passport expired in 2011. Why did he not ask for a new passport at the embassy ? Only explanation he is wanted in the UK for something. 

Does the UK do checks before issuing Passports ?

9 hours ago, Benroon said:

eh ? You walked into the post office to send a letter and they asked you for your passport ? 

I think that its the same for Thais as well , they have to show I.D when posting letters

8 hours ago, ttrd said:

Not the only explanation - If he walked in at the UK Embassy in BKK and requested a New Passport without to have a valid visa would not have been the smartest to do … :thumbsup:

the embassy not care about your visa status they need to replace it regardless of the visa status!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, OJAS said:

Would he, in fact, need to go through the rigmarole of applying for a new passport? Would it not be possible for him to be admitted back into the UK on his latest long-expired passport? Or at least obtain an emergency travel document from the Embassy who are presumably providing him with consular assistance?

He would also have to apply for emergency travel documents , in the same way that you apply for a passport and they cost about the same as well .

Dont think thAT HE WOULD BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE tHAILAND ON AN EXPIRED pp .

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

They moved the PP issuing office to Trendy building in BKK  , he could have applied there (or CM)

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Rather an inane post... IMHO

I don't see what is inane to assume someone in close proximity to him stuck him in who knew his situation.

23 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Balls of brass to have overstayed that long.

Probably shot his mouth off to too many customers about his overstay situation....

Probably told absolutely no one

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, freedomnow said:

Balls of brass to have overstayed that long.

Probably shot his mouth off to too many customers about his overstay situation....

Possibly Not. 

1 hour ago, Jiggo said:

Possibly Not. 

Yes, possibly not. OK.

Wild guesses.

I guess after his wife died he did not have the required 800k sitting around... or the income from out of thailand..so there goes another falang who had supported a thai family and may still have been doing so.. cut your nose off to spite your face.. poor bloke.. 

• Confused 1

On 6/14/2019 at 4:11 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

Plus when 40 drown in a boat - no one gives a shit, the Thais make some half-arsed apology to President Xi and it's back to business as usual. 

They were  not  whiteys , no human rights. RIP.

Move on..

Edited by elliss