What is the benefit of the 5 year retirement visa

On 6/14/2019 at 1:29 PM, fforest1 said:

They rolled out the 3 ring circus on the introduction of the O-X .....People were excited we were finally going to get a long term visa....

This great new visa just turned out to be a pig with lipstick....

I would be surprised if they have even issued 100 of them.....

Perhaps less than 50? 

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you read the full list of requirements I posted before.

You have to a checkin within immigration every year to prove you still meet the requirements.

Info is here on the London embassy website. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#8

I cannot answer most of you questions since there is not enough info available and have seen no reports from anybody that has gotten one to use.

Many thanks ubonjoe

Yes i did read the full list of requirements. Was just thinking on how the Non O X could be used over the duration of the visa, to any advantage, of not having to deal with Immigration Offices. 

54 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Yes i did read the full list of requirements. Was just thinking on how the Non O X could be used over the duration of the visa, to any advantage, of not having to deal with Immigration Offices. 

The written requirements do mention a annual visit to immigration to confirm you still meet the requirements.

Foreigners must report, in person, to the immigration officer every 1 year for the examination of the qualifications and supporting documents.

- Stay permit of the Non-O-X visa holders may be revoked due to following conditions:

1) Foreigners do not have financial evidence as per stipulated by above qualifications such as:

- The sum of money in the bank account is less than 3 million Baht at the end of the first year of stay period in Thailand.

- the sum of money in the bank account is less than 1.5 million Baht at the end of the second year of stay period in Thailand, and/or the money in said account was spent outside Thailand.

2) Foreigners do not have insurance as per stipulated by above qualifications.

But the previous post by a person that has one does not mention doing it. Perhaps that is due to immigration not wanting to have a any thing to do with them other than 90 day reports. The info states that immigration can issue them but that has not happened in reality.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the first 5 year visa expires. Where will they apply to get it? Perhaps a trip to the embassy that issued the first one will be needed.