Big Oud strikes: Foreigners and Thai ladyboys on new immigration chief's radar

webfact

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Just raid every foreign girly bar at odd hours. You should be able to round up at least a plane load a day in Pattaya alone. Good i hope this guys stays . Too many dodgy foreigners throughout Thailand that cause problems. 1-800- GET -DODGY- OUT.

You mean arresting tourists that are looking for fun during their hard earned vacation or expats who enjoy such places from time to time - the only dodgy here is your stigmatizing post and thumbs up for that … :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, outsider said:

image.png.c01560c5963a19c20250bac1e518b051.png

That global map with criss-crossing lines - was that meant to give an 'international' flavour to an otherwise very local circus?

It looks to me like they got some posters from an airline cheap and pasted stuff on top. Sad to see the new guy is posting his picture like big joke did. I thought he might have been better than that.

14 hours ago, webfact said:

And he gave the media a number to call in case people see foreigners behaving inappropriately. 

14 hours ago, webfact said:

The number is 1178. 

Good news for xenophobes, but not very welcoming compared to Vietnam or Malaysia. 

Too bad teen pregnancy, AIDS, road safety does not get the same attention.  A very interesting set of non priorities. 

9 hours ago, PatOngo said:

What is the number to call when foreigners encounter RTP/IO's soliciting illegal bribes?

Quite. Not condoning the behaviour of these people, they should be dealt with. But seems the anti foreigner focus is alive and well. The authorities are doing a good job of continually fuelling the anti foreigner mentality. we are just not wanted folks,,, well time to leave them to it in my opinion.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

And he gave the media a number to call in case people see foreigners behaving inappropriately.

Ja wohl, mein Führer! 

Get the concentration camps built and the branding irons warmed up. 

15 hours ago, JamJar said:

Confused as to what Immigration has to do with the Thai ladyboys. Why not the local police?

It's called mania of grandeur.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai media said that the chief asked for the help of the public in reporting inappropriate behavior of foreigners to his teams. 

how to deal with the problem if the complaint is false? If I insult a Thai who wants to try with my wife I should let him do it because otherwise he calls the Angels of Death? Such orwellian Country is it!

A call for all farang who live in Thailand: we leave the country for a year. No farang in Thailand for a year. Curious to see the effect on the domestic economy.

Could you imagine the stink in the US if they started up a special hot-line in the US to report black criminals?  

Somehow, I find it unnerving to have  special hot-line that targets a group of which I am a member and the vast majority of whose members are law-abiding.  

If there is a crime, what's wrong with just "calling the police."  A crime is a crime, whether it is committed by a foreigner, a Thai, a lady boy or a taxi driver.  Why is one group more culpable than another?

2 hours ago, The Preacher said:

Under different circumstance, I might think that comment was funny . . . 

It wasn't intended to be funny, or offensive to those who suffered in Europe in the 30s and 40s. 

On 6/14/2019 at 9:27 AM, JamJar said:

Confused as to what Immigration has to do with the Thai ladyboys. Why not the local police?

Because  their alledeged ceimes agajnst foriegners 

11 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

It looks to me like they got some posters from an airline cheap and pasted stuff on top. Sad to see the new guy is posting his picture like big joke did. I thought he might have been better than that.

Haha I don't think it's just Big Joke. It seems most, if not all, of these senior types in law-enforcement like to do that. Speaking of which, the Thai govt seems to be good at one thing - making people disappear. I haven't read about Big Joke in a long time! Or maybe I don't scan enough news outlets... lol

Archived