BANGKOK
webfact

Campaigner slams government/police for appalling death toll of children on Thai roads

Yes and it's fine to also through the innocent children in the back of pick up trucks and on the tops of so called school buses. Because they just don't care! 

Hub of "we just don't care".

• Like 1

No helmet we take your motor si pay the fine before one month and we give back motor si if not we sell and give the money to hospital,up to you!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Artisi said:

A reasonable comment in some ways however it's not that simple in many cases, it's more about education and understanding and affordability in a great number of cases, bear in mind Thailand in some areas is lucky to rate as 3rd world with many surviving day to day with only a few Baht to their name. 

What's the cure to the problem - I don't know - maybe the government supplies free helmets for kids in lieu of submarine purchases (the graft is probably enough to buy the helmets). 

To your last statement/s - I can only assume your home country doesn't have or need a police force as everyone obeys the laws without question. 

I agree with your first paragraph, though your last comment not so much. I'm not saying everyone obeys the law without question in any country, but in a country where tonnes of people ride their motos with their helmets sitting under their arm, in their baskets or hanging off their handle bars, you'd have to think that ultimately the common sense has to start at home and it supersedes anything law enforcement could achieve. As you quite rightly mentioned, so many people live hand to mouth, so what sense and impact would fines make? They just wouldn't get paid which would make law enforcement efforts futile anyway. 

I completely agree that purchasing helmets by the government would be a good start - especially for kids, but it would also be pointless if the recipients showed the same will as those who already have them but choose not to wear them. 

Edited by SammyT
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

there was a lack of action, lack of budget and lack of enforcement

there is also a lack of a will and a lack of a way.

• Like 2