Well Ive gone and done it – My New CAT sim card experience .

7 hours ago, myjawe said:

Thank you, so why someone paid more for CAT if True is cheaper ?

Because they may have an existing Truemove H number. They cannot port a number over on the same network.

They also tend to discard the SIM and buy a new one each time. So new number each time.

Quite possibly will no longer be available next year.

If they are only there a couple of months annually, a 12 month pack might not be suitable.

Everyone is different. But if you are in Thailand long term, the Truemove H SIM from Lazada is excellent value.

On 6/15/2019 at 1:52 PM, smo said:

Last month I purchased a YEARlong unlimited, uncapped internet package from CAT (2500 baht) after recommendation by KittenKong. Yes, the connection drops not unfrequently, due to weather, location, and what not. I have tried the sim on various OS, ipad, windows phone, android tablet you name it and the problem still occurs. Whereas very little read none complaint I have had with the AIS package I had previously. My conclusion, correct or not, it's the quality of the product. One hint about that is that I had to "set up" the APN everytime, whereas with AIS none of the bother.

I dont have this problem in my phone. The service seems to work everywhere I need to use it with no setup required.

One "feature" of the MY pre-pay package that I recently discovered is that apparently it does not offer international roaming. To get international roaming - even for calls and texts - it seems that you have to be on post-pay. I have no idea why.

On 6/18/2019 at 11:25 AM, myjawe said:

Thank you, so why someone paid more for CAT if True is cheaper ?

Hi good question . I did not want to really pay up front the 1,790 Baht for a year for the True package and then find out that there was a possible problem some where. So I thought I would try out a simple cheaper CAT package ( signal strength and any future speed throttling issues or data capping ) . So far ive used about 50 GB in data and there’s been no speed throttling , the signal strength is full. So far so good . ????

Archived