BANGKOK 21 July 2019 09:40
Neeranam

Courtesy car , still under warranty.

Does anyone know if Mazda give a courtesy car for a car getting repaired, which is only 2 years old. Also, does anyone know the average time to get an average dent fixed?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Although possibly being still under warranty (?) being 'only' 2 years old isn't new by any stretch of the imagination.

Warranty defects and manufacturers recall issues may leverage a loaner car but even then, a loaner car for a low-to-mid market sedan is unlikely.

Unless your accident insurance specifically allows for it, getting a loaner while the dings get taken out of the old bus is even less likely.

Post a picture of the 'average' dent and we can best guesstimate the 'average' repair time. Some dents are more quickly handled by replacing a plastic or composite panel whereas a door (metal) ding may require a new door skin or even a new door.

Edited by NanLaew

You are very unlikely to get a loaner car while your car is in for service. Even many luxury brands do not offer loaner cars here.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As others have stated your don't have much chance of a curtesy car here but you can always ask.

Regards time for repairs. My last Tuna had to have a few small dents taken out of Bonnet/Hood sorted and then resprayed. They quoted 2 days to take bonnet off fill dents and respray refit hood again. They phoned me at 4.30pm the next day and said it was fixed. But advised me that I should leave it till the following day as it was raining and the paint needed a bit more time to harden.

All depends where you go some main dealers don't do it on site and farm it out. So will take longer.

Edited by fredob43

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF the dent is someone else's fault, you could claim the cost of a renting a car from them while your car is being repaired. 

Good luck with that. I think it's almost impossible. Even claiming the normal damage in an accident is difficult or impossible if the other side has no insurance. 

My new toyota sientra had an accident and has been in the Toyota repair shop now eight months under repair

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

It depends on where the dent is. Steel needs panel-beating. Plastic fenders can be replaced or bodged with filler reasonably quickly. I'd say two days for plastic, longer for steel.

As other posters have said, dents don't come under warranty. That's down to the OP or another driver.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 1:14 PM, Neeranam said:

Does anyone know if Mazda give a courtesy car for a car getting repaired

No, they dont.

Barely any brand does that, but your best guess will be with high-end imported cars and not with a plain old Mazda.

(try BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, or even more expensive)

4 hours ago, gamini said:

My new toyota sientra had an accident and has been in the Toyota repair shop now eight months under repair

Really annoying all these cars running around by themselves having accidents.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Really annoying all these cars running around by themselves having accidents.

Maybe it is the  serviceability check on  the service that  makes all the difference?

Sorry , totally, absolutely NO

You are thinking in a Western way- the concept of courtesy cars ( unless perhaps you have a Rolls )  does not exist in the Kingdom

Sorry to be negative.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gamini said:

Obviously it wasn't there for a few dents to be removed, then.  They're not trying to source a "Sientra" [sic] badge, are they?

On 6/15/2019 at 3:03 PM, gamini said:

Fink probably 7 months as a taxi...:whistling:

23 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

No, they dont.

Barely any brand does that, but your best guess will be with high-end imported cars and not with a plain old Mazda.

(try BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, or even more expensive)

If I could afford some of them a couple of thousand a day for a rental is nothing.