Courtesy car , still under warranty.

Although possibly being still under warranty (?) being 'only' 2 years old isn't new by any stretch of the imagination.

Warranty defects and manufacturers recall issues may leverage a loaner car but even then, a loaner car for a low-to-mid market sedan is unlikely.

Unless your accident insurance specifically allows for it, getting a loaner while the dings get taken out of the old bus is even less likely.

Post a picture of the 'average' dent and we can best guesstimate the 'average' repair time. Some dents are more quickly handled by replacing a plastic or composite panel whereas a door (metal) ding may require a new door skin or even a new door.

As others have stated your don't have much chance of a curtesy car here but you can always ask.

Regards time for repairs. My last Tuna had to have a few small dents taken out of Bonnet/Hood sorted and then resprayed. They quoted 2 days to take bonnet off fill dents and respray refit hood again. They phoned me at 4.30pm the next day and said it was fixed. But advised me that I should leave it till the following day as it was raining and the paint needed a bit more time to harden.

All depends where you go some main dealers don't do it on site and farm it out. So will take longer.

The 'dent' is not a warranty issue, thus I imagine no loaner is available to you. 

Had your issue been a 'warranty issue' then it could be argued with the Dealership to provide you with a loaner. However, the car industry in Thailand is incredibly immature when it comes to customer service, so getting a loaner even with a warranty issue would be a battle.

Some Insurance's include a 'loaner' in the policy for additional premium, this is not common. 

IF the dent is someone else's fault, you could claim the cost of a renting a car from them while your car is being repaired. 

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF the dent is someone else's fault, you could claim the cost of a renting a car from them while your car is being repaired. 

Good luck with that. I think it's almost impossible. Even claiming the normal damage in an accident is difficult or impossible if the other side has no insurance. 

It depends on where the dent is. Steel needs panel-beating. Plastic fenders can be replaced or bodged with filler reasonably quickly. I'd say two days for plastic, longer for steel.

As other posters have said, dents don't come under warranty. That's down to the OP or another driver.

On 6/14/2019 at 1:14 PM, Neeranam said:

Does anyone know if Mazda give a courtesy car for a car getting repaired

No, they dont.

Barely any brand does that, but your best guess will be with high-end imported cars and not with a plain old Mazda.

(try BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, or even more expensive)

23 hours ago, gamini said:

My new toyota sientra had an accident and has been in the Toyota repair shop now eight months under repair

Obviously it wasn't there for a few dents to be removed, then.  They're not trying to source a "Sientra" [sic] badge, are they?

23 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

No, they dont.

Barely any brand does that, but your best guess will be with high-end imported cars and not with a plain old Mazda.

(try BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, or even more expensive)

If I could afford some of them a couple of thousand a day for a rental is nothing.

Actually there's not much damage. They are ordering a new front for the car.

There are 7 things in total and I was told that I might have to pay something. I told him there was no way I was paying anything as I have the premium insurance, he said ok. I also know house boss who said she would waive the increase in next year's premium.

Two areas are where a dog has chewed the plastic. There are 2 small marks on the bonnet by stones, surprised they have to do the whole bonnet.

One scratch on one door and a small scratch on the roof. I hope they are right and they have the "expensive" soul red paint. There's  an art to the design of a Mazda these days. I've heard of one for is done the whole side had to be redone. They said 10 days, and I guess its going to be taxis to work and back, per maybe get a rental for 1 k a day.

My old Fiesta had to have the whole transmission replaced under warranty and it took a month. I asked sales staff for a loaner car and using all the possible vocabulary under the sun to explain what it is (I speak Thai). I quickly realized loaner cars aren't a thing at all in Thailand since even the sales staff don't even know what it is.

I would've liked one but I don't need it since I got a bike. But what about people who need a car to make a living or go to work with? Thailand's public transportation isn't developed but people like to pretend it is and say "loaner cars aren't needed because you can just use public transportation" as an excuse to save costs and be lazy.

And yes, even luxury brands don't offer loaner cars here, unless you were their well-known customer and it's from a really good dealer, such as Merdeces-Benz Thonburi.

On 6/14/2019 at 1:26 PM, NanLaew said:

Although possibly being still under warranty (?) being 'only' 2 years old isn't new by any stretch of the imagination.

It is for me, after having  a 19 and 22 year old car.

Archived