BANGKOK 18 July 2019 03:53
RickG16

Water machines at the side of the road

It took me a long time to cotton on to the fact that the water from these is a lot cheaper than buying from Macro etc.... But they do throw up a few questions...  

Where is the water actually stored.. Inside the machine, or is there a storage tank elsewhere? Is the machine actually performing the reverse osmosis process itself?

And anyone know if this is decent quality water compared to the standard drinking water in bottles?

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

You should probably stick with the water from Makro, even if it is more expensive:

Thanks for the link, interesting read.

But I would expect a water machine on a tropical island would be cleaner than one in BKK... I think?

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

But I would expect a water machine on a tropical island would be cleaner than one in BKK... I think?

I'm not sure. I personally wouldn't use the road side water machines. But no doubt lots of people do without any issues

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

then think again old son.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Let's say I do know nothing about Thailand (far from the case). Are you genuinely repproaching me for starting the thread?

It was an open ended question. Most other people seem to be able to contribute without taking your condescending tone. 

It's not condescending at all, just stating a common sense view. If you do know about Thailand, as you say you do, then the question is answered from your own presumed knowledge of the country, making your post unnecessary. You say that you don't know a lot about the subject, which rather files in the face of that presumed knowledge, hence my 'advice'. Just trying to stop you making a mistake for the sake of a very few Bhat.   

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Be a gambler,  drink the tap water, its no worse than a machine with a blocked or removed filter

• Haha 2

If you have one close to your dwelling and see it arrived on a weekly basis then may be okay but better to just boil tap water here in Pattaya.

• Like 1