Britain's oldest person dies aged 112

snoop1130

Britain's oldest person dies aged 112

2742.jpg

Grace Jones was known to her friends as Amazing Grace. Photograph: SWNS.com

Britain’s oldest person, Grace Jones, has died at the age of 112.

Her daughter said the supercentenarian, who was nicknamed Amazing Grace, died at her home in Worcestershire on Friday.

Paying tribute to her “gracious” mother, Deirdre McCarthy, 81, said: “I never dreamed when I was a little girl that my mother would be the talking point of the whole country.

I used to say to my friends: ‘She is a piece of history gift-wrapped’. She was wonderful and had a lovely sense of humour.”

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jun/14/grace-jones-britains-oldest-person-dies-aged-112

Born just five years after the Wilber and Orville Wright first got off the ground. She was already five years old when Titanic sank, and seven years old when World War I started in 1914. 

Congratulations to her. I hope she has a wonderful next life. 

10 hours ago, Catoni said:

Born just five years after the Wilber and Orville Wright first got off the ground. She was already five years old when Titanic sank, and seven years old when World War I started in 1914. 

" I hope she has a wonderful next life. " ??? What do you mean? She's dead!

11 hours ago, Catoni said:

And she only just missed being alive for the 100th anniversary of the first non-stop flight across the Atlantic, which took place on the 14th-15th June 1919:

Transatlantic flight of Alcock and Brown - Wikipedia

image.png.9225909dd9a270188a159a5e543f1daa.png

I'm sure she was gripped by it at the time, and that remembrance of it would have brought her great happiness.

Never mind, I will celebrate on her behalf.

10 hours ago, UnkleMoooose said:

Why is this in entertainment? There is possibly a gag in here somewhere but I'm not seeing it.

Sure is , the lady dont wane to be around for brexit. 

Rip Grace. 

16 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

" I hope she has a wonderful next life. " ??? What do you mean? She's dead!

“What do you mean?”...you ask me.         It’s really quite simple. I happen to be a follower of the Dhamma Vinaya, (Theravada Buddhist), and firmly believe this life is not all there is. She will continue to exist in another life.  I hope her next life is a wonderful life for her and that she is in the stream. 

You’re quite free to believe there is nothing there after dying in this world if you wish. Take care. 

14 hours ago, roquefort said:

You're living in a Buddhist country and you don't know what that means?

No, he probably has no idea what that means. Many westerners go to Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and other places of Buddhism and have absolutely no interest in Buddhism or temples or talking to monks at all .

They are more interested in the bars, nightclubs, “walking streets” Soi Cowboy, Bangla Road etc.

In my two times in Bangkok, I did go to Khao San Road, but never bothered with Soi Cowboy. I spent most of my time at the temples. 

Same during four months in Chiang Mai and the surrounding region. Lots of time in temples. Amazing places.

Never bothered with Pattaya or Phuket. 

Same in Cambodia...most of my time at temples.  Perhaps I’m getting old. I’m very happy in Theravada Buddhism. 

Archived