Land Crossing Filipinos

Hi, first time I have started a topic, eek.  I am an Aussie and will be coming to Thailand next month for about twenty days.  I am coming Via Penang where I will get a visa for thirty days, no problem.  My Partner is a Filipina and we are bringing our daughter too.  I am aware that Asean citizens get 59 days visa waiver but I am not sure if this applies at a land crossing like the train through Pedang Besar.

Do I need to get the visa waiver at Penang or will it be OK at Pedand Besar.

Thanks in advance.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no 59 day entry for all of ASEAN. It varies from country to country.

Filipinos get a 30 day visa exempt entry by air or land. That 30 day entry can be extended for 30 days at a immigration office.

See here for info: http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/filemanager/VISA/Visa on Arrival/VOA.pdf

Thanks Joe, last time I got a 60 day visa for me at Penang and my partner got 59 days free of charge, so that is why I thought that, so I get a visa and the ladies will get thirty days at Pedang Besar railway station, thank for that, It is necessary to get it right these days rather than crying later. Thank you so much.

3 hours ago, rosst said:

Thanks Joe, last time I got a 60 day visa for me at Penang and my partner got 59 days free of charge, so that is why I thought that, so I get a visa and the ladies will get thirty days at Pedang Besar railway station, thank for that, It is necessary to get it right these days rather than crying later. Thank you so much.

Make sure you all have proofs for entry at that entry-point.  Reports indicate you must go upstairs now, and farnags (and likely those from the PI) get special grilling, while the locals enter w/o issue. 

Have 30K Cash (maybe 20K is enough) plus flight-ticket proof out within 30 days, plus hotel-booking proof, and you should get in OK.

We don't know how any profiling works there with great detail - just some reports recently of them demanding all this for Visa-Exempt 30-day entries.

• Like 1